PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment of Co-Pilot for Cessna Grand Caravan by Spirit Air India

STABLE extrovert
26th Oct 2011, 06:33
Just checked the following advertisement in TOI ascent.

For its present fleet,
Spirit Air ,invites on-line applications from Indian citizens for appointment as Co-Pilot.

Candidates are requested to apply online between 26.10.2011 and 15.11.2011 through website
www.spiritairindia.com (http://www.spiritairindia.com).

Test Fees towards Online Aptitude Test, and Simulator Test (Non-refundable) is

Rs. 9,450.00 to be held at Bangalore.

They are planning to hire co-pilots for there existing fleet of C208. The
They are planning to hire co-pilots for their existing fleet of C208. The vacancies for this position would be hardly crossing two digits. Seems like a stunt by the company to make money of jobless pilots in India.
Comments Invited.

adesai
26th Oct 2011, 08:22
just read the add in the newspaper but is it not one more stunt at make money??? i am confused ... i dunt have a job yet and i really need to get one and fly!! but after being duped like this by one more company i am unsure of applying again!!

smurf84
26th Oct 2011, 08:36
As per their website, they have only the C172 and C208. For aircrafts that require only a single pilot, I wonder how many pilots are they exactly looking for.

STABLE extrovert
26th Oct 2011, 08:53
This recruitment is for their current fleet of C208. I am assuming not more than 10 under any circumstances. I had applied a month back for an opening at a private carrier for C208 and the chief pilot informed me that they had already shortlisted more than 10 candidates with more than 500 hours for that opening.

As 200 hour pilots, our chances of getting this job is very difficult as we would be in competition with the many instructor pilots who are currently employed in different flight schools in India.
Somehow I don’t think it’s worth spending on this job. The charter company will make a lot of money out of this recruitment stunt.

flankerpilot
26th Oct 2011, 09:21
Instead of complaining about having only 200 hours why not try to increase it like a lot of us have by doing something about it like flight instruction ?

STABLE extrovert
26th Oct 2011, 09:29
You have a fair point...I would love to instruct but the DGCA requires 200 hours as PIC to apply for an AFIR which @Rs. 10000/ hour would be another 5-6 lakhs that most of us including me cant afford after doing a Multi-Engine CPL.

airbuswala
26th Oct 2011, 09:44
it's nothing, but another money making scam!!:*

if you guys are smart,then please don't fall into their scam!!:ok:

guitarboy
26th Oct 2011, 09:47
Contract Term 7 years! hahaha

Guys, You'd rather wanna join the Coast Guard or IAF if u think of considering this.
You'll get the same or maybe even more money than Spirit Air plus flying a turboProp or a RotorCraft there and also serving the Country! And not someone making money out of you with 84EMI's!
That too for a Caravan! hahahaha

Its like its an Airbus Type Rating.

Spirit Air Advt. TOTAL MONEY MAKING SCAM.

If it were that after the Online Aptitude Test And Personality Test (Interview) one had to pay the INR 10k for the Simulator test, id totally endorse it.

These people just dont change! :ugh:

flankerpilot
26th Oct 2011, 10:15
The dumbest part is 10,000 Rs for a C-172 simulator check :ugh:

I can rent the actual aircraft in the USA for 2 hours for that amount

itsbrokenagain
26th Oct 2011, 11:50
Their sole C172 is a wreck in JJS at the moment (it will be rebuilt)... and the single C208 is no where to be seen in VECC yet, although rumor is its coming soon.

Buyer beware here

phul_tempo
26th Oct 2011, 17:28
definitely just another money making thing..
i remember they were looking for pilots back in march this year, no entrance exams, no fee. and they had certain minimum experience they were looking for. now that sounded legit !!
cheers

ashwin2307
26th Oct 2011, 18:05
the COMPANY needs pilots, so why should WE pay for them to recruit us! ridiculous. Its like, I want to hire a driver for my car. I take the driver for a small test drive but the driver has to pay for petrol :ugh: