PDA

View Full Version : CHC / SuperPuma / AFghanistan

hueyracer
26th Oct 2011, 05:48
Got an email from CHC that they are "not longer expecting to receive the contract for the above mentioned mission"..

They were looking for (military) experienced aircrews for a (possibly) upcoming contract in Afghanistan...

Does anybody know (just out of curiosity-i do not have any Puma time, so i am not interested) who finally got this contract?

piggybank
26th Oct 2011, 07:45
Evergreen were looking as well and it may well be they had the contract. They spoke figures which did not equate to the risk involved. FOB Shank could be searched to see the site.

SASless
26th Oct 2011, 10:42
Evergreen and Blackwater (or whatever they call themselves now) probably have a lock on such contracts....as they have very good contacts within the guvmint. The NightStalker Mafia is very tight!

hueyracer
26th Oct 2011, 13:52
I know the FOB well...(have been there before on another contract)...

Thatīs one of the reasons i would not have eve thought about applying-living in tents in a place like that (just google the incidents around the FOB)....not for the "peanuts" they were talking about...

VikingBill
26th Oct 2011, 15:10
if you didn't apply why would you get an email from them???

zlocko2002
26th Oct 2011, 15:11
it doesn't mater if you have or not type rating, if you have experience or not, if you can fly it or not, you lack only one important thingy : USA citizenship :ouch:
I am there, and if one is not American, one has zero chance to get a job :mad:

(also there are some ex-SSSR outfits, but again if one is not member, one can stay outside :( )

hueyracer
26th Oct 2011, 16:13
Hi Bill,

i am on their email-list....(applied years ago for another job, so my cvīs on file)..
I am receiving an email every time they put a new job offer on their webpage....and now i got an "automatic mail" about the cancellation of this search....

I am happy with my current job.....but we know who is also going to buy some Super Pumas, right?

AS332L1
26th Oct 2011, 19:44
Come on then put us out of our misery who is going to order wiper pumas then?

AS332L1
26th Oct 2011, 19:44
Super pumas then pressed the submit button to early

inputshaft
26th Oct 2011, 19:46
Zlocko2002

"I am there, and if one is not American, one has zero chance to get a job"

You forgot one big factor in that sweeping statement. CHL (totally different company) have been there for years with their Canadians flying 61s and 212s. I think CHC were told that NATO country citizenship would be sufficient. But, then again, maybe they were told wrong for this particular contract.

Epiphany
26th Oct 2011, 20:35
Us citizenship is not a requirement for the Evergreen/Starlite AS330 contract in AFG. The ability to accept a low salary flying in a war zone is however.

newfieboy
26th Oct 2011, 23:57
Inputshaft,

You beat me to it, yep CHL, for sure with Canadian crews, they were looking for guys not so long ago. I know of a couple that went over, weren't ex mil either, was going to apply, but the wifey put a stop to it. Before that don't forget the Tasman boys with their 212's out of BC. And are not Everrett Aviation looking for expat crews right now or recently for BK 117 ops in the Stan (or was that Iraq, can't remember long day). So for sure ya don't need US citizenship, oh and the Canadian crews were/are flying for the USDOD to FOB's......:ok:

zlocko2002
27th Oct 2011, 10:58
what would be low salary for flying in war zone ?

SASless
27th Oct 2011, 12:16
Whatever you are offered!

Find the video of the shootdown and subsequent execution of the survivors of the Russian Civilian Mil helicopter in Afghanistan or the video of the downed Blackwater Little Bird crew in Iraq.

If you want to fly in a War Zone....do it for something besides Money.

Whatever you do....don't ever let someone tell you that you are a non-combatant and do not need firearms. You will be told having a firearm will make the situation worse.

In my eyes....having nothing but your good looks and charm to counter a bunch of Islamic Radicals armed with AK's and big knives is exactly the wrong way of looking at things.

If you are going to leave....go like a Tiger and not a Sheep!

Epiphany
27th Oct 2011, 12:27
It is all relative Zlocko but was not enough to tempt me.

zlocko2002
27th Oct 2011, 14:44
I have some experience with Afghan :}

desertsnake1991
27th Oct 2011, 18:58
I was going to add here, that the really good paying jobs are few and far between, so save yourself the frustration trying to get on with some if these outfits..many of them want stellar guys, but pay is ****, AND they don't even have a contract at all . Lotsa people trying to get in on the game, but its all empty promises and smoke and mirrors. Just git off a bs contract in Kabul run. By complete and utter idiots, headed back with the big dogs next month in 17'.s and 24's , will update the forum and upload pics and videos.

Shell Management
24th Nov 2011, 19:27
No update?

BTW Blackwater is now Xe but Presedential is now part of AAR.

zlocko2002
25th Nov 2011, 09:29
I think that happened year or two ago...