PDA

View Full Version : A380 "SUPER" emergency

Jetjock330
23rd Oct 2011, 15:18
Anyone wish to spill the beans on this A380 "SUPER" (http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/emirates-airbus-a380-makes-emergency-landing-at-hyderabad-airport-1.915305) emergency???
Technical snag?????

Emirates Airbus A380 makes emergency landing at Hyderabad airport

A Dubai-bound Emirates flight from Bangkok was forced into landing under emergency conditions at Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in India earlier Sunday following technical problems
Dubai: A Dubai-bound Emirates flight from Bangkok was forced into landing under emergency conditions at Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in India earlier Sunday following technical problems.
Confirming the same, an Emirates spokesperson told Gulf News in an emailed statement: “Emirates can confirm flight EK 385, an A380 aircraft from Bangkok to Dubai, was diverted to Hyderabad international airport today at 03:45 hours due to a technical snag in the aircraft, ” adding that all “410 passengers” onboard the aircraft were disembarked safely.
Relief aircraft
Of those, 205 passengers departed on EK 527, a Boeing 777 aircraft at 10:20 local hours, Emirates said, and that a relief aircraft – EK 8385 had been deployed on the route to ferry the remaining 205 passengers at 11.30 hours Sunday.
According to the Indian media reports, the aircraft first approached the Chennai airport but did not get clearance for landing as the runway was busy.
The pilot then contacted Air Traffic Control at Shamshabad, which is located around 20 km from Hyderabad, and got the clearance to land.
Expressing regret for any inconvenience caused, Emirates said the safety of its passengers and crew is of “paramount importance”.

ManaAdaSystem
23rd Oct 2011, 15:44
Good thing it wasn't the old Hyderabad airport.

Jetjock330
23rd Oct 2011, 16:36
Is a single hydraulic failure an emergency on A380??? if so, Airbus wouldn't be selling so many in my opinion.
From my limited 12 years experience of A340 and A330, a single hydraulic failure is not an emergency or cause for diversion, unless you don't fit into destination.
This must have been more serious surely??? (Don't call me Surely;) )

tica
23rd Oct 2011, 17:08
Nothing to do with Hydraulics, it was electrical. Simular to the test flight couple years ago! Loss of electrical bus and some VFGs!

givemewings
23rd Oct 2011, 18:00
And they said the 380 wouldn't be going to India yet :E

Love the quote that the pax "bitterly complained" about it 'only' being a tech problem... in my experience they'll complain if you're early because they have to wait around... can't win!! :rolleyes:

troylee
24th Oct 2011, 13:36
The pilot then contacted Air Traffic Control at Shamshabad, which is located around 20 km from Hyderabad, and got the clearance to land.
http://www.cuinsurance.org/xiaozhu1.jpg
http://www.cuinsurance.org/male2.jpg
http://www.cuinsurance.org/male3.jpg

Gordomac
25th Oct 2011, 08:55
From where I am sitting, by the pool, blue sky, no breeze, JD & coke, lots of ice tinkling against the glass.................looks like they did a splendid job. Aircraft safe, pax safe. I always thought that modern manufacturers gave us so much back up that nothing, could ever, go seriously wrong. Consider my anxt against the Trainers who would regularly, well, every six months, put us through the nightmare of losing everything and then denying the use of the stick & rudder ! Here is one of the reasons. On the dark dirty night, when everything did go wrong (except one Generator), a fabbo job was done. Aaaaagh, just lost control of me JD ! Safe flying.

THR MCT
25th Oct 2011, 11:06
3 IDG's in the night woooh scary stuff
Probably the root cause of the Tec snag
Another 1st class pax taking a shower with a Thai masseuse and guess what happened they flooded the Avionics.
Airbus should scrap this option for airlines in the future to make the Super more reliable:ugh:

Jetjock330
26th Oct 2011, 06:30
Another 1st class pax taking a shower with a Thai masseuse and guess what happened they flooded the Avionics.

Bluddy brilliant!:ok: