PDA

View Full Version : BA Booking Reminder Email

WorstGW
22nd Oct 2011, 11:37
I've just received an email from BA apropos my next (internet-booked) flight with them, with the usual suggestion to add Advance Passenger Information ahead of checking in, print itinary in advance, set up hotel/ car hire, etc. No grounds for suspicion: all email headers appear to be perfectly legitimate and content is as expected from similar reminders in the past.

Only, it's for a flight that's still 17 days away. It seems a little odd to send the reminder so early, and as I recall these emails have typically arrived about a week before the flight. Anyone know if/ why the process has been adjusted?

Haven't a clue
22nd Oct 2011, 16:14
I thought there were two sent, one about a month before and one a week before. The only email I seem to have kept is one sent 5 Feb for a 12 Mar departure earlier this year, 35 days ahead, which ties in with the month before.

Having said that I'm booked to BKK on 8 Nov and I can't recall receiving an email. But then again maybe the BA computer is watching the flood water as closely as I am.

Sultan Ismail
23rd Oct 2011, 14:09
SQAlert

Singapore Airlines operate a Check-in email system 48 hours before a flight. Mine came through this evening for my Tuesday flight to Johannesburg.

SWISS operate a similar system.

Both systems give you a hotline to the check-In desk.

martin102
23rd Oct 2011, 19:48
got a booking reminder today from BA - my flight is on 11 Jan 2012!

ExXB
24th Oct 2011, 12:06
If you're worried that it may be a 'spoof', just log on tp BA.com yourself (rather than following the link in the email) go to manage my booking and ...

Can't imagine what info a spoofer would get by inserting themselves in the process, but better safe than sorry!

Haven't a clue
28th Oct 2011, 20:31
Got the first reminder from BA on 25 Oct for my departure 8 Nov - 14 Days notice. Problem now is it's to BKK and I don't really want to go.....

Alsacienne
29th Oct 2011, 15:06
I've a couple of flights with BA coming up in December. I received a request for API for my first one, so did the decent thing and filled in the information for both flights. Two days later, a request for me to fill in the details for my second flight arrived ... exactly 48 hours after I'd actually done it! RANDOM!

WorstGW
1st Nov 2011, 10:49
FWIW, following up my original post, I've just received a second reminder for my flight in a week's time, and a first reminder for a flight in December... and looking at the first reminders, they both arrived midway between the day I made the booking and the day of departure. Seems reasonable.