PDA

View Full Version : Had a Jerry Maguire moment recently?

Cacophonix
20th Oct 2011, 05:24
Felt inclined to tell your push boss to ram it up his @&*? Told that client he is an idiot... Just simply hit the ejector seat? Well I still sit in awe of the the Jet Blue flight attendant who quit with a certain amount of panache if not much heed for his passengers' safety.

A fed-up flight attendant whose spectacular exit down an emergency chute made him a national sensation completed his court-ordered treatment program on Wednesday and was sentenced to a year of probation.

Steven Slater avoided jail time for his stunt when he pleaded guilty to attempted criminal mischief and agreed to undergo counselling and substance abuse treatment. On Wednesday, he was allowed to withdraw the plea on the more serious charge and plead guilty to a lesser charge after successfully completing his yearlong program.

"That was one moment, that was not indicative of who I am," Slater said, adding that he was moving from New York to California and that he planned to write a memoir about his 20 years in the airline industry. "I feel like I'm in a much better place. I have control over my life."

JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater sentenced to one year probation | World news | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/20/steven-slater-jetblue-flight-attendant-sentence)

I guess the key to it all is that "you have control" statement!

Good luck to him.

Caco