View Full Version : Does this mean I'm in the big time!

doubleu-anker
20th Oct 2011, 02:29
We have received your email and we do offer charter flights around the MENA, Asia and USA for your information. Due to our own operational requirements, extensive in house capabilities and external support commitments, Jet Aviation LLC offers exciting employment opportunities for a number of skilled positions and In order to maintain our reputation for the highest possible standards in aviation excellence, only staffs of the highest caliber are employed.

Jet Aviation LLC takes great pride in our safety record and quality of service. Captains, Pilots, First Officer’s and Flight crews of the highest caliber and experience are essential to support these exceptional levels of performance.

Presently, the Company hires only Captains, Pilots; First Officer’s and qualified Flight crews. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a world-class operation, kindly complete all the fields in the Preliminary Application Form and submit them back to us. The initial application processes are completed by filling in the application forms including the interview questions and send via western union our professional service charge of $1420.

Attached with this email is the preliminary application documents and you are requested to send the documents after they must have been completely filled in and duly signed by you.

Best Regards,

Dr. Gary Lynn

Recruiting officer

Tel: +971555954794

Jet Aviation LLC

United Arab Emirates

E-Mail: [email protected]

:ugh:

Kelly Hopper
20th Oct 2011, 03:38
Oh Perleese! :eek:

INNflight
20th Oct 2011, 06:53
I was a bit unsure at first and thus called the number given.

The Doc seems like a really down-to-earth guy, and the payment I had to make wasn't much really when you consider the amount you pay for a TR at Ryanair.

I am now waiting for my interview date.

StressFree
20th Oct 2011, 07:30
You cannot be serious..........

$1420 to apply for a job? I wouldn't go near it, its a disgrace and marks a new low in this profession.

I'm amazed anyone is even considering it, never mind actually transferring the money.

NuName
20th Oct 2011, 07:35
Anyone who is interested send the money to me, at least I can pass on info for real jobs, mind you, you could get the info from the established sources just like I do but I could use the money :ok:

oggers
20th Oct 2011, 08:02
Never send money via Western Union unless you have 100% confidence in the recipient. :=

His dudeness
20th Oct 2011, 08:03
So Dr.Lynn, recruitment officer of the international heavyweight Jet Aviation uses a free web email address for recruiting? And Western Union? He has hidden well on the pages of JA...

Free Email Addresses: Web based and secure Email - mail.com (http://www.mail.com/int/)

I guess the TE and me don´t think so...and INNflight was (hopefully) been sarcastic?

ksjc
20th Oct 2011, 11:57
Haha. Sounds like it's written by the Nigerian email scammers. "Dr" Lynn.. nice touch.

FLEXJET
20th Oct 2011, 14:44
http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/440372-pilot-job-jet-aviation-llc-pilot-career-center-beware-scam.html

Mike Oxbig
20th Oct 2011, 15:27
Surely the 'Western Union money transfer' is the give away here - a favourite used by nigerian scamming gangs. Almost as good as the "Refund from the Inland Revenue" emails I keep getting in my spam folder.

Savoia
20th Oct 2011, 16:19
If this is an authorised email from a JA employee then it is a little disappointing; not least of all because of the grammar.

I'm afraid JA have changed considerably (in terms of the texture of their corporate culture) from their days under the guidance of founder Carl Hirschmann and seem now to be struggling with delivering this 'excellence' of theirs universally and evenly.

I do not believe that excellence can be achieved in this life .. in anything, but that the best we can do is strive in the pursuit of excellence - and some come close. Those who believe they have achieved it, generally haven't!

doubleu-anker
21st Oct 2011, 04:04
Of course it is a con. Stay well away, especially if a Western Union money transfer is mentioned. In fact run, far, far away. :=

No longer ATC
21st Oct 2011, 08:52
It looks like another 419 "Advance fee fraud" to me....stay away.....