PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Salary

Pages : 1 [2]

stable_checked
1st Sep 2014, 06:55
Thank you beyblade.

Do you have the figures for first officers and the different ranks?
How much is the house allowance and the flying rate now?

Thanks

gatbusdriver
1st Sep 2014, 09:42
Up QAR20/hr to QAR140

GBD

330airbus
1st Sep 2014, 12:26
Beyblade,

Where did you hear this?
I haven't received any mail, and I assume this rumor was spread to keep the pilots from leaving. I could be wrong(hope I am), but I've heard one to many rumors in my time here..
It's the 1st of the month, and no news yet.

CDRW
1st Sep 2014, 13:10
If true and dont see why not

a whopping 5% on basic... that should rock the aviation world and get them Cvs rolling in.

Colonel Klink
1st Sep 2014, 16:46
Bearing in mind no pay rise has been received for about 4 years, this is truly a slap in the face for all pilots who have worked so hard for them and showed so much loyalty. It shows that they have not learnt anything, despite the long line of guys walking out the door to better jobs.
Perhaps if this is true, will send a note to the COO to tell him to keep it as they obviously need it more than I do!!!
On the other hand, will add the extra to my Skype account so I can start looking for another job!

Obbie
2nd Sep 2014, 01:06
Hoogaaan !!

I see nooooothing.........nooooothing !!!

Metro man
6th Sep 2014, 13:17
Careful what you post. :hmm:

Lawsuit re: salary information - FlyerTalk Forums (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1608882-lawsuit-re-salary-information.html)

Reader12
2nd Oct 2014, 16:28
No one to complain anymore since it has been officialy validated and announced by COO??

As usual...to complain everyone is here...when a bunch of good news are annouced...no one !!

TheColonel
2nd Oct 2014, 23:26
Valid point mate. Well said. :ok:

CDRW
4th Oct 2014, 22:54
Reader12 - still looking for the good news.... maybe no one because no news..

Wonder how many will attend the next " management/pilots meeting"
Management where really surprised how many attended the first one - they may be equally surprised at the next.

ItsMeFromEarth
5th Oct 2014, 09:05
The pay rise is a reality, and the delta old salary versus new salary is being computed, Eid closure is the most probable reason for the slight delay.

lfbb
5th Oct 2014, 19:02
Although there are no numbers to be discussed yet, ANY extra money is welcome. But it's funny how things work in ME, they already changed your compensation, you are working for it but has no clue how much it is.... Let's just hope it's not a pay cut!lol
Best luck!

jp airbus
6th Oct 2014, 07:37
There is no pay rise YET. There is a promise. And after being long enough in the industry we all know what promises are.

In last pay rise in 2011 we lost the confirmed annual ticket from QR network destination to our hometown. That can be a LOT of money for some of us

So let's see what we get and what we lose as there is nothing on paper YET.

Cheers

Xaxa
6th Oct 2014, 14:39
And with the salary increase before that one we lost overtime pay. Every "increase" we get is an increase for few and decrease for many.

lfbb
6th Oct 2014, 17:39
Interesting, but we still hold confirmed annual ticket righ?

Boeingrestricted
6th Oct 2014, 18:56
There will be a modification in the end of service benefits isn't it. No word about whether it will be pos. or neg. ! So, what if it will be effective back dated and neg.,... A lot of 2$c will be lost by many, lets just hope not. Just to keep it in line with the win some lose some concept.

casablanca
7th Oct 2014, 05:21
Yes there is a confirmed annual leave ticket anywhere you want to go on the Qr system and will be upgraded if space available....depending where you live though it still adds up.
I have a family of 6 and need to do a minimum of 2 flights after arriving at a QR destination which is a minimum 2500$. This probably only affects a small group of people though.
I saw an add for Hainan airlines looking for 747 captains- $350 net after taxes and commuting contract I think. Hopefully If the Ebola crisis or any other crisis doesn't get out of control, this minor pilot shortage will put some pressure on them to improve.....or is that just wishful thinking!

Despite some of the negative opinions that I have read on here; I personally have had a very good and positive experience at QR. Every place in the world has issues and inflation, However Doha is now the most expensive city in Middle East and has the highest inflation, so every year is going to be a pay cut. I think they (management) are trying to address this but like any corporation it will be hard to sell this idea to the bean counters.

donpizmeov2
8th Oct 2014, 02:01
Salary increase? Good job QR
And the new package deal will include ID90 for life for employee 7 year and above since part of One Wolrd

CDRW
11th Oct 2014, 08:24
All very quite on the front...???

ItsMeFromEarth
11th Oct 2014, 08:35
We will know tomorrow, if the hour rate is changed on the Crew Allowance Report.

ItsMeFromEarth
12th Oct 2014, 06:01
same rate :{

Paper Lad
15th Oct 2014, 05:48
And still we wait for any info. Let's hope the new package is worth the wait and not simply a bit of tinkering.

We live in hope, but people are getting impatient now.

PL

Reader12
15th Oct 2014, 09:01
Guys, your new chief said, in front of 400 concerned people, that change is gonna come soon....how impatient can you be not to wait at least until the next month payslip or annoucement ??...
Everyone saw the so called stolen pictures from the inside...and COO said the same as on those pictures, new package effective 1st september....so it's done !!! Just smoke shisha and relax it will come...one day

I would focus more on going to the next meeting to bring him into attention issues regarding the sims, the deadheading hours, tickets for others than family and other undiscussed matters so far after one meeting...meeting all of us with our COO will not happen every 3 months...

Cheers

320goat
22nd Oct 2014, 07:16
My company email is not working at the moment.

Any news on the pay increase etc?

I believe the last pilot forum on the 20th suggested we should receive details in the next couple of days.

We can live in hope!!!!

Cheers,

320goat

Reader12
27th Oct 2014, 15:04
Everyone happy? Received the CEO email in your inboxes?

Merry christmas and cheer up guys, smile a bit more the life will smile at you

umitatl
27th Oct 2014, 15:24
any good news For the ones who has intention to join?

Thanks in advance

KRUGERFLAP
27th Oct 2014, 21:02
COO won't Last a year as Usual and where'S the pay slip with the new salary? .House allowance increase? New company accomodation? NOT!!!! Maybe december LOL!I can't understand why people Still trust this outfit. :ugh FEAR of Little Catamite culture! :yuk:.What a about the OFF days out of DOHA .LOL Crazy company!

Qatar Airways wants you please Join the 5 star dream :}

planoramix
28th Oct 2014, 07:30
A positive attitude defenitely helps.
It always worked for me as it does to my best Friends.
We joined at different times but neither of us as so far had anything worst than would have happened in any other airline.
But in Qatar airways all commitments have been kept, roster is quite good and requests are most of the time approved.
What I can see is that those complaining from the very start are the ones who get the least of everything.

We knew an increase was coming as it is now officially announced but nonetheless someone is still very very unhappy.
Look out of the window to what aviation world is today and enjoy what you have and make the most out of it.

Qatar airways .... not perfect, but who is? If you don't like it and it even makes you frustrated just go and search for a better abode and leave your flight deck seat to others.

Come on, smile :) and be happy;) waiting for your newly designed pay check

swallowenforcer
28th Oct 2014, 09:50
See a few management posts on here.

Same old story, its always talking about how bad other airlines are.

5% increase to cover 4 years since last increase. Over that time my rent gone from 8500 to 15000.

5 star joke.

Reader12
28th Oct 2014, 10:18
Planoramix +1

(Rent from 8500 to 15000 and you're still in that same place ??? :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) ) Lucky landlord

swallowenforcer
28th Oct 2014, 10:49
The same. Maybe I'm the only one with a local landlord putting rent up 1k+ a year. Standard with most of the guys I fly with. 9 or 10, now 15 or 16. Maybe some people need to get out of the office more.

Worse somewhere else management pilot??

Captain Partzee
28th Oct 2014, 15:55
This is pathetic,hilarious, laughable and of course ridiculous. :mad:

"A positive attitude defenitely helps.
It always worked for me as it does to my best Friends.
We joined at different times but neither of us as so far had anything worst than would have happened in any other airline.
But in Qatar airways all commitments have been kept, roster is quite good and requests are most of the time approved.
What I can see is that those complaining from the very start are the ones who get the least of everything.

We knew an increase was coming as it is now officially announced but nonetheless someone is still very very unhappy.
Look out of the window to what aviation world is today and enjoy what you have and make the most out of it.

Qatar airways .... not perfect, but who is? If you don't like it and it even makes you frustrated just go and search for a better abode and leave your flight deck seat to others.

Come on, smile :) and be happy;) waiting for your newly designed pay check"
http://www.pprune.org/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://www.pprune.org/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.pprune.org/report.php?p=8717116) http://www.pprune.org/images/buttons/reply_small.gif (http://www.pprune.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=8717116&noquote=1)

LostAviator
29th Oct 2014, 06:28
Surely, every penny counts. But will this be sufficient to retain pilots and/or attract new ones?

I personally do not believe so.

Our COO has made the expectations rise, and for many of us he would be considered as our last hope QR would turn into a better airline. Unfortunately, if this was the best he could do, he will fail and most of us will bail out.

I give him till the end of the year to prove himself, to prove he rally was given the powers to fight the QR cancer from within. If not, dodar shall be used....

Azzurri
31st Oct 2014, 13:46
RE: Actually using one's own cash to make acquisitions

Dear CaptainProp,

I know I'm a little late to the party, but...I too am sitting here in front of my screen having a giggle.:D...Great response!

Azzurri

manilajet
4th Nov 2014, 11:43
Guys any update on the latest package and salary for A320 DEC?

Thanks in advance

Captain Partzee
4th Nov 2014, 15:00
Dear Manilajet,
You have to wait until April 1st . :E

TheDesertGardener
15th Nov 2014, 21:04
Well, its on PPJN 5% increase on basic pay and 15% on flight pay.

jelida
21st Nov 2014, 09:46
Thinking about changing Europe for Qatar.

With the new "deal" can a Qatari captain provide me with the details?
(Either short or long haul, on a monthly basis?).

Many thanks.

medflyer
22nd Nov 2014, 03:38
Further to the previous question, what is the DEC command course like? I have heard there are a few more hoops to jump through versus our North American way of doing things. Currently sitting with 12,000 TT and 2000 PIC on the B737Ng and looking at B787 DEC application. Thanks.

casablanca
22nd Nov 2014, 16:38
The command course or training here is typical indoc, and maybe a few extra ground courses....basically same as in USA, maybe a couple extra sims...biggest difference I noticed was slightly more leisurely pace.
my total time was almost 5 months from start to end of line training(100 hours OE).

Fly4Fun
24th Nov 2014, 09:18
Hello everyone,
Any update on the new package?
Thanks

320goat
24th Nov 2014, 19:57
Beware of the part A. Some trainers think that flying aeroplanes here requires knowing the Part A inside and out and they like to show you how clever they are. Not typical of training out here, but they are out there!

GoForIt
5th Dec 2014, 22:23
When was the last salary adjustment at QR?

ItsMeFromEarth
5th Dec 2014, 22:38
THIS MONTH

casablanca
6th Dec 2014, 01:05
They did have a pay increase in Nov pay, which included back pay as it was effective since September.

GoForIt
6th Dec 2014, 06:49
so what is the hourly pay for captains now?

ItsMeFromEarth
6th Dec 2014, 06:51
138 QR or approx 37 US$ regardless of the fleet, day/night, holidays....

Rock320
6th Dec 2014, 07:42
And basic salary? ? How about an increase in housing and tuition? ??

ItsMeFromEarth
6th Dec 2014, 08:13
Basic salary and flying hours have been increased, School fees have been increased :ok:
For housing no increase, because it will not solve the problem but make it worst, If QR increase housing, the next day the land lord will :hmm:

Rock320
6th Dec 2014, 18:27
How much has the tuition increased?? Initially it was 105000 for 3 kids...now?

ODGUY
7th Dec 2014, 06:18
When was the last housing increase for QR pilots? 4-5 years?

Therefore based on what itsmefromearth explained, rent should be the same since then.

Is it?

swallowenforcer
7th Dec 2014, 07:34
Exactly ODGUY.

I don't know how management gives that reason with a straight face.

My rent has gone up, everyone I'm flying with the same.

I feel sorry for the people that went to all the pilot meetings to get feed such crap.

Strange they didn't bring up the changes in hours required for upgrades at the meetings.

CDRW
10th Dec 2014, 02:42
Yea, the housing allowance comment - or lack of increase in said allowance - is some of the weirdest lateral thinking that can exist. As if the QR flight deck housing allowance is the bench mark for rents???

As said in the meeting by the man - we need more housing. Good start but right now only words and - sorry if wrong - no action??

I reckon this will be a significant problem for new joiners and employees in private accommodation in the new year.

Chocks Away
11th Dec 2014, 01:41
What are the changes to hours experience for upgrades Swallow' ?

swallowenforcer
11th Dec 2014, 05:19
Only multi crew, multi turbine/jet time counted.

PIC time single pilot turbine/jet worthless.

They want 6000 hours right seat time, decision making not high on list of requirements :ugh:

TheDesertGardener
7th Jan 2015, 09:28
Hi,

What is the new school allowance per kid after the latest pay increase? Also, how does the overtime works at QR?

Thank you.

gatbusdriver
7th Jan 2015, 16:39
Overtime based on yearly totals from April to April.

I think the allowance is QAR105,000 per employee.

BDD
8th Jan 2015, 05:35
It's 125,000

BDD

320goat
8th Jan 2015, 12:59
Of course. Went up with the pay rise.

TheDesertGardener
8th Jan 2015, 18:38
Thank you for your replies.
Understand that the QR125000 is for 3 kids. How much for one?
At my present airline, overtime is based on a certain amount of hours inside a month. Is it the same at QR or is it based on a certain number of block hours achieved during the year, from April to April? Is it paid based on a percentage of the block hour rate?

thank you.

KRUGERFLAP
8th Jan 2015, 19:41
Qr sucks bro! It's a bad decision to go there. Please reAD and believe on the majority of pprune comments . reAD!

Remember that music. ....Please don't Go! As you will regret and will have a BIG BOND TO PAY (50000USD )Or 5 years of slave work to be free)

Kids schools fees it's for all, so 125 k QR / 3 if you have 3 Kids.
With the Housing allowance theY give it"s impossible to find something.So consider top up with your salary on and probably on the Kids education too.

Other options far far better very close by in UAE.

casablanca
9th Jan 2015, 00:22
The school allowance is 125.... Can use all on one kid or divide up to 3 ways

CDRW
9th Jan 2015, 02:46
I believe that you can use it all on one to three kids. But remember that the school allowance is for tuition fees - not for all the add ons that school administrators tag on to make a terms fees.

The relevant HR department does check as there have been a few cases of fictitious invoices for children who do not exist. But that is another story.

320goat
9th Jan 2015, 07:34
Fees will cover capital payments and registration fees.

enthusiast
9th Jan 2015, 08:24
It's ridiculous. If a new joiner who is already rated become a skipper in 3 years, will he get bonded renewedly for another 5 years or only 2 years will be left?

casablanca
9th Jan 2015, 08:46
Unless there has been a change, the bond is 3 years.

Stone_cold
9th Jan 2015, 09:23
Unless it has changed , it is NOT 125000 for one child ..3 max , and there is a formula for one or 2 . The fees do not adequately cover 2 children above primary school level . The little one once stated that he has to pay for his so expect to put a little from your pocket also .

BDD
9th Jan 2015, 10:19
Stone Cold,

It is 125,000 for one, or up to three kids. It changed a couple of years ago.
It was 105,000, but just went up to 125,000.

BDD

fatbus
9th Jan 2015, 12:33
That's way more than EK, are schools that much more costly, @ 65 k in DXB

320goat
9th Jan 2015, 13:05
My fees are approximately QAR18,000 per term although we had a QAR5,000 capital payment this year.

There is no formula as has been pointed out.

Bonds depend on rating given. No bond if rated already. 330 CCQ small bond. Complete type rating is a3 year bond from end of final line check. The 18 months at just over QAR5,000 start coming out from your first pay packet. For me, I was lucky. On line in 5 1/2 months. Some people have taken a lot longer!

TheDesertGardener
9th Jan 2015, 21:29
Thank you for your inputs.
During training do you receive full salary? Just asking because with long training period it makes a huge difference in your pocket.

Rock320
10th Jan 2015, 03:24
And how long is training on 320...

320goat
10th Jan 2015, 03:35
Full a Salary-bond from day 1. You also get telephone, car and utilities allowance.

Training time depends on trainer/sim availability to push you through the system.

GoForIt
10th Jan 2015, 13:23
"Full a Salary-bond from day 1. You also get telephone, car and utilities allowance"

So you don't get a hotel during training?

320goat
10th Jan 2015, 14:48
No. Company accommodation will be provided in either AKG or Holiday Villas (as far as I know).

No villas available.

They may try and kick you out. Just say you are looking but haven't found anything. They eventually let you stay!

Welcome pack is minimal at AKG (furnished but no utensils etc). Bring a few bits unless you don't mind buying at the shop on site or at mall.

Rock320
10th Jan 2015, 17:47
And when can family join?

320goat
10th Jan 2015, 17:56
They can travel out with you, although I would strongly advise against it. Too much crap to sort out! Some guys leave family at home until their training is complete. That wasn't good for me, wanted my family ASAP.

I arrived early Feb they joined me 6 weeks later. It just worked. Schools are a disaster area.

winterinhell
10th Jan 2015, 18:43
Family can join straight away..i had mine coming with me since day one..but bear in mind,if ur family eligible for visa on arrival, they do need an exit ticket to get the tourist visa but if ure lucky u can get thru without one but still u will have to buy one eventually cz tourist visa only valid for 60 days max and QR only provide one way ticket for joining..u can start to apply for their RP once u get urs..u need to get ur family really clear on the situation tho to avoid them bugging u during training..they might get bored after couple of weeks in Doha and start to bug u to entertain them..

mmorel
11th Jan 2015, 08:02
Complete type rating is a3 year bond from end of final line check ,is just for moving to another fleet,otherwise it's 3 years bond from date of join Please refer to the manual.

enthusiast
11th Jan 2015, 10:24
Thanks mmorel,

How about the upgrade on the same fleet? Another 3 yrs bond will start as a skipper from the 1st day on the left seat? Or he will never be bonded because of no need to earn the rating?

Enthusiast

320goat
11th Jan 2015, 10:51
removed due to posting nonsense.

enthusiast
11th Jan 2015, 11:08
320goat, gracias. feliz Domingo.

Reader12
11th Jan 2015, 12:09
Of course there is a bond for upgrade :-) Open your OM.A ch.14 my friend,
2 years, 30K$

320goat
11th Jan 2015, 13:52
Sorry.

Should check before I post sh1t. I was fortunate enough to be DEC so haven't had the pain of internal upgrade.

donpizmeov
11th Jan 2015, 15:15
So bond for fleet change and upgrade? Them be hard rules.

SkyWagon737
12th Jan 2015, 20:53
Couple of questions :

1. Does QR provide education allowance for my kid who is living outside of Qatar?

2. Is life really that expensive in DOHA? I mean I want to go there alone without my family and want to save some money for my future( for example : 2000-3000 $ per month? ) , this means I am daydreaming?

3. What is the salary for the FO riding 777/787 with 70 hours per month? and out of this salary , how much should I turn to Qatar economy for my spendings?

Thanks for the answers.

casablanca
13th Jan 2015, 03:56
The education allowance works wherever your child is living up to age 21.
For instance they pay for my daughters university in USA.

Qatar is pretty expensive...more so if you have family and kids. If you have more than 2 kids you will most likely be out of pocket with school fees( if they go to one of the top western schools here the allowance won't even cover 2)
Housing here is completely out of control....if you are single and share a nice place you can make money.....your allowance will probably cover a small studio or 1 bedroom. If you have a family and need 3 or 4 bedroom you are going to be out of pocket a bunch....hopefully you get company accommodation which limits your expense but also your options of where to live.

Some things in Qatar are very cheap.....gas, and shawarmas
Other things like grocery store, nicer restaurants, especially those in hotel that serve alcohol, or any night clubs are ridiculously expensive.
I think as a single person here you could bank quite a bit of money...depending on travel habits and lifestyle of course. As a married family you can live comfortably, and the job is good, despite what is often quoted on pprune , I have found myself to enjoy it here, but find it almost impossible to save a dime.

enthusiast
13th Jan 2015, 04:42
Casablanca, the written by you was very impressive to predetermine the life in Doha. By the way, you are a capt or fo?

SkyWagon737
13th Jan 2015, 04:50
Thank you for the detailed answer Casablanca, I do appreciate.:ok:

Stone_cold
13th Jan 2015, 05:21
Casa , your experience been good . That does not mean to say that what has been said on Pprune is without basis . Just as you have had positive , quite a few have had negative . There is a saying in QR , your job is only as secure as your last flight .

It is quite common to see wannabees suck up the positive as balanced and informative , but are quick to dismiss the rantings which usually have some basis in fact . You joined DEC 777 , and have had no issues , doesn't mean others before and after have not suffered some injustice . Can you say that no one has been rail-roaded there ? No questionable stories at all , must be Eden as you imply .

QR pays a reasonable package , and the airline is never going to close ,but workers are workers , without any protections or rights . If you can stay low profile you can have a long shelf life , otherwise .....

So your post may add balance , but don't dismiss others bad stories .

The last COO , great track record for pilot dismissal's , right ? Any other Management changes recently ? SNAFU .

320goat
13th Jan 2015, 06:02
Stone_cold is right.

QR is no utopia. People leave here in droves as better offers come in (or they are dismissed!). Especially FOs who seem to be constantly deficated on from a great height as unknowns like myself are brought in as DEC.

For me.......I'm happy enough, but I want to be out of here before my kids start secondary education. This is no place for teenagers (in my opinion, of course).

The long and short of it is you will meet people who have been here 15 years and are very happy, you will find people who have been here a year who don't care about the bond, they need/want out. It is generally what you make of it.

SkyWagon737
13th Jan 2015, 06:35
So, you guys all say, it is "come and see" situation. Maybe a DEC option is another perspective instead of dreaming flying longhaul. I usually do 4 landings and fly 8 hours, domestic and international. I see I need solid reasons to apply.

JGSE
13th Jan 2015, 07:05
Hi all

Regarding tuition fees, you must pay all out of your own pocket and then wait for reimbursement, or there is some kind of direct billing agreement between companies and schools? If you have to wait for reimbursement, how long it takes to get the money back?

Thanks

320goat
13th Jan 2015, 07:16
You pay and then submit claim on line. If you get the claim in before the 15/16 of the month you will get it in your next pay.

JGSE
13th Jan 2015, 07:39
Thanks a lot 320goat

FlyingBroom
13th Jan 2015, 10:02
Hi,
In the process of joining QR as an FO. Would someone be kind enough to share staff travel details? just wanted to know if In Laws are also entitled to discounted tickets? if not, is there any way in which discounted/special fare tickets can be bought for distant family members?

Thanks.

CDRW
13th Jan 2015, 11:55
FB

Would have to say that staff travel is one of the best - not perfect but very very good. The not perfect is that there is no friends and family. So InLaws get nothing. Rumour had it that "they" where looking at it, but naught as of yet. I am not familiar with any discounted or special tickets for distant family members.

320goat
13th Jan 2015, 12:29
Inlaws are on the list, but not brother/sister-in-law. Just the mother and father-in-law.

There is rumour of 12 tickets which can be allocated to anyone (or something like that, but as stated....just a rumour).

Annual leave ticket for the wife and kids to be booked between 1st Jan and 31st Dec.

casablanca
13th Jan 2015, 14:26
Where there is smoke there is fire and the 700 previous posts speak for themselves. I'm sure everyone on pprune is very familiar with all of the bad stories.
It is definitely not Utopia
I feel the cost of living may cause many to no longer view this as a long term option, however just to offer an alternative to all the bad, neither I nor the majority of the crews I fly with have had a bad experience here....it may not be the norm or as bad as it was previously.
There is lots of fear here.. Stories of people being fired for total bs...but I have seen others screw up, get re-trained and back on line. It may be purely coincidental but I think they often look at the bigger picture, and one's track record.

BDD
14th Jan 2015, 06:29
Hi Goat 320,

We have had the 12 tickets now for about 2 years. They are good for in laws, and brother and sister in law.

Hope that helps.

BDD

HVYMETAL
14th Jan 2015, 06:52
Hey I've been leafing through this thread and have a few questions about Qatar? I noticed some of the info on this thread is over a year old so I just want to clarify if it is still accurate?

1. I'm flying for a 121 US carrier currently, FAA ATP 4500+TT 2 Jet PIC type ratings (RJ and DC-9), and 2000 Jet SIC time, no TPIC time. Am I competitive with the guys that have been getting hired recently?

2. Pay. I see there's been an increase but not the actual numbers, I think I saw 5%? So is the full annual yearly salary package (including housing, flight pay, schooling, etc) represent a monthly and annual pay of around 8,835 USD/month and 106,000 USD/yr for FO's?

3. Schedule. Is it still 7-9 days off per month with days on the road? Is this what the 777, 787, A380 etc schedules look like? The info posted on that was a little old. As I'm unfamiliar with Middle Eastern Airlines, do pilots bid on pairings and schedules per seniority? So say can a more senior FO bid a better schedule with blocks of days off and enjoy 15 days off per month? Or is this not recognized at all?

4. Aircraft, I'd prefer to be on the 777, 787, A330, or A380 because I'd rather do long haul flying than short hops and with sits (I do this at my current carrier). Is this possible right out of training? If not is there a seat lock? I see there is a training bond, I assume this needs to be paid down then before switch A/C? I thought I read earlier this has been extended to 5 years instead of 3?

My biggest priority is schedule. I have a rough one at my current employer and I'd like to see an improvement with a company that generally respects seniority. I can start over with a rough schedule on RSV somewhere new for awhile but as time passes and I'd like to enjoy a better QOL.

I understand most people posting here want to stay anonymous including myself. But is it possible for someone to post what a "sample" week or month might look like for a junior or senior line pilot at Qatar? Again mostly interested in the long haul stuff if it can be held right out of training.

All that said, I just want to see if Qatar is the right fit for me. I'm not actually available to move abroad for about 6-8 months, but I'm planning ahead. I really appreciate the info and see what I'm getting into. I have been to the Middle East before and am very familiar with the cultural differences and lifestyle. I just want to see if Qatar Airways would be a good fit for me.

Thanks a million!

320goat
15th Jan 2015, 03:09
Sorry, just to clarify.

I was thinking about my wife's siblings.......they don't get staff travel.

BDD is correct the brothers and sisters in law get staff travel.

Che Xindamail
15th Jan 2015, 16:20
Not sure of the exact requirements for A320 DEC (the website will have them) but a widebody command here requires min 2000 hours widebody experience for a DEC position.

The roster varies immensely depending which fleet you're on. We have a bidding system that is not seniority based and requires a couple of months of experimenting to get to grips with, but generally good. You can bid for almost anything, destinations, specific patterns, dates, report times, etc, as well as blocks of days off. That and, like someone said, staff travel, are great.

Salarywise, a new Captain is on QAR34,000 basic, which includes transportation allowance. If you fly 80 hours add around 11,000, plus maybe another 5,000 in overnight allowances. Roughly 50,000/month = USD13,700. A First Officer would probably be on roughly 37,000 = USD10,000. Perhaps someone has a correct figure. Of course if you don't fly it's basic only.

If you have company accommodation and not more than two kids, your expenses in Doha are your food & essentials, your V8 and entertainment. And there's not much entertainment...

If you are renting your own place you will get 12,000/month in housing allowance but expect to pay 18,000 for a villa in a good compound. Apartments are around 12-16,000 in The Pearl, which would be the expensive part of town. The housing allowance is grossly inadequate.

Hope that clears up some of your queries.

HVYMETAL
15th Jan 2015, 23:25
thx, got all the info I need!

Daniel Bernoulli
16th Jan 2015, 06:10
I think you'll find that the requirements for DEC 787 (a wide body) have changed recently and you can get it with no Wide Body time if you have 737 NG time.

stable_checked
20th Jan 2015, 07:32
Can someone confirm that the housing allowance for CPT is 17000QAR and 14000QAR for FO?

Also is transportation allowance the same now for CPT and FO at 1500QAR?

gatbusdriver
20th Jan 2015, 10:55
One can dream.........

Capt QAR 12,000
FO QAR 10,000

Car allowance is correct.

You also receive utility allowance at QAR300 and phone at QAR33.

Just to clarify. The above starting salary is incorrect. Captain starting salary is QAR32,550 (up from QAR31,000 as of pay rise backdated to September).

My average meal allowance and flight pay for the year is approximately QAR11,000 per month. I did make QAR15,000 last month, but I was very busy with a lot of time away from home.

stable_checked
20th Jan 2015, 13:28
thanks gatbusdriver

wrong numbers from my source then. What is the overtime above 70BH?

gatbusdriver
21st Jan 2015, 03:10
Overtime is based on financial year hours flown.

It is double your hourly flight pay.

Wide body is paid after 735 hours.
Narrow body is paid after 630 hours.

Flyby6
22nd Jan 2015, 10:02
Hey guys would like to know what are the chances of being upgraded from FO 777/787 to command.
-how long does it usually takes and are the chances good?
i jus wanna know what is the command prospect in qatar for a new 777/787 FO.

-and is it from right to left seat on the same fleet or they will send us to A320 for command?

-can we do the command course when we have enough hours or is it based on seniority?

thanks in advance.

winterinhell
23rd Jan 2015, 09:53
but this question is no about the qatar salary..

PayJay
28th Feb 2015, 22:12
is there pay while on course? Flying 787 and 777 mixed, or separate..

thanks..

donpizmeov2
29th May 2015, 08:14
Lots has been changing in this part of the world! Any insider willing to share their new 5 stars deal?

gatbusdriver
29th May 2015, 08:18
In what respect?

donpizmeov2
29th May 2015, 15:25
Money dude!

BDD
30th May 2015, 09:28
Hourly flying pay is 138.

BDD

devvo
13th Dec 2015, 21:33
Hi all...

I'm interested in SO starting salary and also how long roughly will it take to go from SO to FO? I am a prospective SO for the A320 fleet. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Also, what are current flying hours for a new SO per month on the A320 fleet? Or if you don't know, best guess??

Once again any info would be HUGELY appreciated! :)

thoughts
17th Jan 2016, 22:48
If you join type rated with 2000hrs and an ATPL what is your rank SO/FO/SFO?
How does this change with training, hours, line check etc

What is the basic monthly salary for SO/FO/SFO?

I'm sure these questions have been answered before somewhere in the thread so thanks.

assymetric
28th May 2016, 16:45
Hi All,

I am currently with the mob that shall not be named to the east.
Seriously considering moving out. Any up to date information for widebody airbus Captain appreciated ie roster salary allowances cost of living.

Feel free to post or pvt msg me.

Thanks in advance

Assy

320goat
28th May 2016, 17:50
Assy,

Gatbusdrivers post around Jan2015 is still correct with just one alteration, we are now receiving a housing allowance of QAR15,000 for Cpt.

Life on the big buses is not as stable as the Boeing, but no guarantees as to which fleet you will join.

Life is good here at the moment but things can change! The grass is not always greener in the desert but I am very glad Emirates took too long to offer me an interview.

Regards,

320goat

APU_inop
28th May 2016, 21:30
Cpt salary seems to be around $15k a month if you sort out the housing on your own, it increases in steps and then there's a completion bonus at the end of it.

stable_checked
4th Jun 2016, 07:30
With the overtime, does it mean than if you fly 900 hours in a year, 630 will be paid at 138 and 270 will be paid at 276 giving a grand total of 161460?
How many hours should you expect to fly on the 320?

Southpole
6th Jun 2016, 08:56
Expect to fly 630. They try to level off the hours and they do it quite well.
If you get to 630 you will be flying less and new guys will be topped with 80/90 hours.

777 is different, they fly a lot more

burnable gomi
6th Jun 2016, 11:38
320goat:

So then would it be fair to say that a new Captain averages about QAR55-60k/month including salary, flight pay, and housing?

lfbb
7th Jun 2016, 07:23
As QR 320 new captain your salary will be:

QAR 33.527 Basic Pay
QAR 1.500 Transport Allowance
QAR 300 Utility Allowance (will not get this if you decide do live in Holliday Villa which is a company accommodation in a hotel)
QAR 500 Hotel Meal Allowance (average, not many layovers on 320)
QAR 8.280 Hourly Flying Pay (60 hours average, QAR 138/h)
QAR 1.676 International Savings plan (this money is deposited on an account and will be released to you at the end of contract).
TOTAL of QAR 45.783

3% pay raise on basic per year.
Overtime after 630h payed once a year on May. Average is QAR 5.000 to QAR 7.000 only (777 guys are getting up to QAR 30.000)

Housing allowance is QAR 15.000 but currently there is plenty of company accommodation available (some very good ones for captain), so unless you have a good excuse you will not get approval to opt for the allowance instead.

School fee reimbursement:

a) Child's age must be equal or above 4th birthday and less than or equal to 21st birthday.
b) Eligible to claim a maximum amount of QAR 125,000.00/year
c) Maximum number of 3 children.

No additional payment for Deadheading, training, standby, simulator, etc....

I hope this helps, good luck!

stable_checked
7th Jun 2016, 12:07
It helps a lot.

I thought year 1 basic is 32550 and transport allowance is 1800.

It's good to see that yearly average hours are circa 700, it's less than what I currently fly. Unless it's factored hours and not actual block hours?

With current exchange rate it works at EUR 10500 net. A lot more than what I earn now.

Global_Global
7th Jun 2016, 12:37
Housing allowance is QAR 15.000 but currently there is plenty of company accommodation available (some very good ones for captain),

I know they use the holiday village but anything else they use?

Gustavo_Nieto
1st Oct 2016, 16:52
Any chance to publish First Officer Salary and Benefits Please?

Reader12
2nd Oct 2016, 10:35
Qatar Airways pilot jobs news for airline pilots and aviation schools (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Qatar_Airways)

Arrowhead
4th Oct 2016, 06:23
Am I right in saying there are no DEC NTR A330 at the moment? I am a A320 Capt with 10,000 hours and 6,000 PIC on type.... I hear the A320 roster is still brutal...?

Also, can you confirm which class my family and I would travel in, including whether we get the full experience of that class (or as in some other airlines, no lounge access, no meals from premium class, etc)?

Any help very much appreciated...

Obbie
6th Oct 2016, 13:30
Not sure about A330 but the A320 roster is no worse than any other roster.
There is no lounge access for employees period.
But if you get assigned a seat in business, you will be treated as a passenger.
Annual leave ticket is confirmed economy, upgradeable if space available.
Otherwise, you can buy standby for either biz or economy ID90's.

152HEAVY
8th Oct 2016, 07:35
Is there a "13th Salary" kind of thing...

lfbb
8th Oct 2016, 08:36
There is an end of service bonus which you receive at the end of your contract, it represents roughly an additional salary for every year you worked for QR. So I guess you can say there is a "13 salary"....
Regards.

av8tordude
14th Sep 2018, 12:18
Time to dust off this topic...

Attached is a link to a Salary/EOSG Calculator that I created while I was employed at QR (I left about 1yr ago). This calculator is a Microsoft Excel file that can only be used on Windows OS. It may/may not work on Apple version of Excel. Its a user-friendly calculator that can give you an estimate of your monthly salary. Also it can calculate your End Of Service Gratuity (ESOG) Benefits that you will receive when you leave the company. (Note: you will not receive the EOSG if you are terminated for disciplinary reason). The figures in the Living Expenses section are averages when I was living in The Pearl (1-Bedroom) Apt. The links below can be used to search for apartments in Qatar. The main Utility Company (Kharamaa) has a calculator on their site that you be can used to calculate an estimate of your electric/water bill. If you live in "The Pearl" or "West Bay", you will be required to pay for Qatar Cool (air conditioning cost).

Note: This calculator does not take into account school fees, extra curricular activities, etc. However, I did provide a link to the 25 best schools in Qatar that will give you an idea how much education will cost.

https://transfernow.net/12blh6h8821r (https://transfernow.net/12blh6h8821r) (Salary/EOSG Calculator) or download the attached file

https://www.propertyfinder.qa/
https://www.km.qa/CustomerService/Pa...lculation.aspx (https://www.km.qa/CustomerService/Pages/tariffCalculation.aspx)
Customers Qatar Cool (http://www.qatarcool.com/customer-service/) (under Tariff & Cooling Service Calculator)
https://www.edarabia.com/schools/qatar/ (25 best schools in Qatar)

mmorel
15th Sep 2018, 06:56
I think the other option 10% basic salary to stock is better than EOSG . the money in stock can go up and it's also guaranteed

av8tordude
15th Sep 2018, 12:26
Regardless if you participate in the pension scheme or not, you would get the higher of the two schemes (EOSG or Pension), however you must be employed at least 7 years to be fully vested to get the company contribution. And if after seven years of employment, if your pension is less than the EOSG (for whatever reason) , then you will receive your own contribution back and receive the ESOG benefit instead. The only question that lingers and I have never got an answer, does the company consider the pension balance minus the pilot's contribution when determining the greater of the EOSG and the pension?

Either way, you are guaranteed to receive the EOSG by law, and the market doesn't always go up.

gatbusdriver
15th Sep 2018, 18:03
5 years employment from date of joining for 100% of company contributions, I believe 7 years would be Emirates.

av8tordude
16th Sep 2018, 02:21
5 years employment from date of joining for 100% of company contributions, I believe 7 years would be Emirates.

Thx for the clarification.

BR-Pilot
16th Sep 2018, 09:04
Very well-done and useful tool, av8tordude. Thanks for sharing!

av8tordude
16th Sep 2018, 09:51
Very well-done and useful tool, av8tordude. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you and you very welcome. I'm happy you found it very useful and I hope it will offer you and other's the answers to questions in regards to the salary and how much you will make and save during your tenure at QR.

mmorel
2nd Feb 2019, 17:50
Great tool, thanks

If you stay more than 5 years does EOSG goes from 21 days basic salary to 28 days for all 5 years or just starting from 5 years ?

gatbusdriver
3rd Feb 2019, 06:34
It is pro rata, if you want my advice.....join the ISP