PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Interview on October 31, 2011

Geoff Hunt
19th Oct 2011, 16:03
Anyone on this forum going for EK interview on October 31st?

I am off to Dubai on the 29th.

Post or PM if you would like to stay in touch.

White Knight
19th Oct 2011, 17:25
Good luck:ok::ok:

Rule3
19th Oct 2011, 18:22
No money in squash these days.:O

MagicCarpet
20th Oct 2011, 10:14
Happy Halloween.

Hold out for the Boeing. That is unless you’re really itching to fly 3 out of 5 rosters doing mostly turns to India and the middle-east in the middle of the night while your Triple-Seven pals are doing layovers all over the world. The lifestyle depicted at the road shows and in the recruiting DVD is the 777 lifestyle, not the Airbus 330, which is where you’ll start if you go to the bus.

donpizmeov
20th Oct 2011, 10:57
And the Buses leave the fleet by when? Boeing deliveries finish when? Boeings start to leave the fleet by when? Flightglobal has a interview with timbo stating that Fleet grows by 40 airframes by end of year 2013. That's after the delivering 40 new 777s and 29 new 380s. So a lot of retirements between now and then.

A lot more to this decision than present rosters. Compare Boeing and Bus rostering pre 2007 to now. Big differences. As will be the case in a few years.

The Don

Craggenmore
20th Oct 2011, 11:01
Relax MagicCarpet...........A Boeing is for Life whereas a 330 is just for X-mas...:ok:

Good luck Geoff..!

Bypass ratio
20th Oct 2011, 15:19
Airbus rosters = ****-flavoured lollypop
I wouldn't be joining EK on the Airbus on the proviso that Airbus will be getting better......Don you should no better than to listen to management promises! More freighters to be announced at the airshow alongside the enhanced Triple7.
I will go on the record as saying that EK will never see more than 50 A380's. It's a complete hunk of junk:ok:
EK have inflated the orders so that the EU would give them more landing slots. That aint happening anytime soon. Even India won't let em' in. Cancellations looming I feel....

donpizmeov
20th Oct 2011, 16:08
You could be right Bypass, but I would still think long and hard before picking the fleet to be on now. I am thinking most new joiners now will be in the right seat for quite a long time so a look to the future rather than what is happening today may be the way ahead.
If the orders on the books change dramatically from what they are now your prediction would be correct. Either way all the 330/340s are going. That flying has to go somewhere.

I should have become a plumber! :E

the Don

I forgot. Isn't it the 748 that's a hunk of junk and being converted to 77Fs?

Geoff Hunt
20th Oct 2011, 18:57
No money in squash these days.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/embarass.gif

Nice, not many people know about great Geoff Hunt. The Legend!

Good catch!

Sadly, there never was, still isn't, any money in squash. You play just for the 'love' of the game.

Iver
20th Oct 2011, 23:29
Hypothetical situation.

Let's say a chap from the USA is given the choice between fleets, and he intends to actually stay at EK long term (regardless of the day-to-day challenges, the choking dust, the crazy traffic and the tremendous summer heat), shouldn't he, if given a choice, select the Airbus fleet if he wants to see his homeland more often going forward? Isn't the eventual plan for EK to replace all 777 flights to the USA with higher-capacity A380s? I've read that A380s will replace all 777s on North American flights.

Here is a quote from a recent article referencing Clark:

"Clark said he intends to at least double the number of US cities it flies to in the same period that it is looking to optimise all of those flights to A380s."

So, using that logic, wouldn't the Airbus fleet be the better long-term choice for a chap from the USA (if he wants to spend time in the US) despite the near-term scheduling/route pains on the A330/340? Thoughts?

MagicCarpet
21st Oct 2011, 12:25
Relax Magic...

That’s good advice Cragg

The flight surgeon tells me the same thing during the prostate check in a flight physical. Come to think of it, there are a lot of similarities between an Airbus roster and a prostate exam.

:ok:

johng723
21st Oct 2011, 20:08
Good luck Geoff! Those of us that have gotten the offers in the most recent interviews have all been for the Boeing. Looks like that's where most of the guys are going for the moment. Of course everything can change tomorrow.

cerbus
22nd Oct 2011, 15:34
Think long and hard about joining EK. The rosters are crap, pay should be better and they treat us like rubbish.
If you are flying at a bad airline maybe come,anything else think long and hard about coming to the sand.

White Knight
22nd Oct 2011, 20:13
Think long and hard about joining EK. The rosters are crap, pay should be better and they treat us like rubbish.
If you are flying at a bad airline maybe come,anything else think long and hard about coming to the sand.

Seriously, MATE, show us a better package right now:D:D Go on, post the details:uhoh::uhoh:

Think LONG and HARD about flying for the chinks, or LO-CO in Europe:{:{:{

cerbus
23rd Oct 2011, 05:30
WK

Do you really think EK is the best airline in the world to fly for? If you do then you are dellusional.
Just so you know it is not even close to being the best. Emirates is a middle of the road airline with lots of airlines being better and lots being worse. You obviously came from the bottom half before Emirates.
Are you sure you are not on drugs?

thatwasclose
23rd Oct 2011, 06:03
Cerbus,

We all know that emirates is not the best airline in the world to work for. However white knigght has a point. Can you list better airlines to work for that are hiring right know? Please, to give the lads a better option and for me to come up with plan B. Most people would be hard pressed to find a better package right now I suspect.

falconeasydriver
23rd Oct 2011, 06:29
All I will say is on present circumstances, hold out for the Boeing. As an F/O Im averaging 84 hrs pcm over the last 6 months, with between 16-18 days at home with the wife and kids.
I bid for 2 ULRs, and generally get a night indian turn and then an EU or Asian nightstop.
I've worked previously in Europe for one of the leading charter airlines, as well as corporate, and I have to be honest, this place feels like a bit of a holiday by comparison. I have a stable roster, I get pretty good support, the training ethos is improving and I get paid on time.
There are a lot of guys here who are happy, can you believe it? Its just that lots can't be bothered to post on PPrune as there is so much crap spouted on here at times.

The downsides of course are well known, and for me the hardest part of the transition was being considered as having little or no relevant aviation experience when I went through the 777 initial course, but now when I run
into one of the 5% or so of guys here that are complete tools, I merely revert to my stereotype and let them run the show..and as long as they dont try and
kill me or the pax, I get the trip done and move on.
The other 95% of skippers here are top blokes, they have all mostly been through worse BS than a new joiner might be expected to go through now, so its not at all as bad as its made out to be.
Yes you work hard, but the company are very very focused on the bottom line so they want their pound of flesh out of you, either accept this or don't either way, dont expect any sympathy, and we all have our own methods of dealing with the crushing fatigue that can creep up on you.
Overall, you could be in far worse jobs around the world and yes this place could be a whole lot better with just a few minor changes, on balance however for many guys..we are pretty happy.

bboy
24th Oct 2011, 14:56
Not sure about these holding out for the 777 stories going around....

....tried that but didn't work. Declined the Airbus and was happy to take 777 but was told bye bye.

Not sure if I can reapply... so there you go. Be careful as if you turn their offer down there might not be another.

jesterfly
5th Jan 2012, 15:15
Hello,
any info about Emirates conducting Pilot interview in London??:confused::confused: