PDA

View Full Version : Multi Training n Recency Confusion...Plz Advise!

gustndust
19th Oct 2011, 10:48
Hello Experts...

I am really confused so I need your suggestion on my situation.

I have Single-Engine CPL. Cleared my DGCA exams but my flying hrs have lapsed, so now its time to do recency.

Let me just brief DGCA requirements as per Conversion Flow Chart:

[A] Within 6 months DGCA requires for CPL :

-PIC 15 hrs ;
-PIC by night 5 hrs,
-250 NM ,
-120 NM,
-General Flying Test by DAY and NIGHT with 3 Solo Take Off n Landing each

[A1] Within 6 months for IR issue with CPL DGCA requires:

-Instrument Time on actual aircraft 5 hrs
-IR Test Report with 2 approaches.

[B] For Multi Endorsement on CPL

- Record of Grnd. Training n pass result of technical exam
- At least 10 Hrs of Training on Multi Engine aircraft.

[B1] Within 6 months for Multi Endorsement on CPL:

- General Flying Test by DAY and NIGHT
- IR Test Report with 2 approaches.

So here is my confusion

As I want Multi-Engine and IR rating on my DGCA License.

? Do I have to all 15hrs in C-152 and then the Multi IR hrs i.e 15-20 hrs Total might end up around 35 hrs.

? Is there any way out to split/ break flying hrs for my Recency in C-152 and Multi Engine Training along with IR ,so that I dont end up doing extra Hours as required for the issuance of DGCA License. extra hrs = way too much extra money :(

Thats why I need your suggestion... valuable indeed.

Thanks ALOT in advance.

cyrilroy21
19th Oct 2011, 10:57
Depends where are you going for recency ?

DJ Flyboy
19th Oct 2011, 13:45
This is the breakup:

1. 15 hours PIC on 152 including Day, Night, IR and C/X checks.
2. Additional 5 hours of instrument on 152.
3. Only 3 flts on multi required, Day, Night & IR checks of about one hr each (these are all recorded as PIC and can be included in the 15 hr PIC requirement).

Note:1. You may need to go for Familiarization flts if you are flying after a long time.
2. Do your recency in canada if you are still there.
3. You need to pass your Technical specific paper for flying multi.

So total Minimum flying 15(PIC) + 5.5(Instrument Duals) + 2 (Fam Duals) = 22.5 hrs if doing it in India. Fam can be excluded if doing it in canada provided you have been flying regularly.

Hope this helps.

hitesh.ahire
19th Oct 2011, 16:39
Hi Guys,

I have cleared both Comp and Regs to covert my FAA CPL to Indian DGCA CPL,
I have Multi Engine Cessna 310 Endorsed on my FAA CPL,

do i also have to pass any C-310 specific Exam in India to have that A/C endorsed on my DGCA CPL???

Kindly Let me know if you guys have any knowledge about this.

Anup Sharma
20th Oct 2011, 05:41
friends i would like to share with PPRUNE that all those people intrested to join charters pl pl think and talk to your friends before joining AVIATORS in blr .

No one mentioned about aviators any where on any web page.

when google search it say they r in bussiness for yrs thats true but pllll talk to your friends do the research before joining.

gustndust
20th Oct 2011, 06:14
Why are few members posting in something different from the thread title???

Anyways...Thanks DJBoy but I think you missed my point.

I have Single-Engine CPL, None in Multi-Engine a/c.

So, I need to undergo Multi Rating Training which might go from 8-12 Hrs time.

Considering I get 10-12 hrs in Multi-Engine...then for my recency whats the break up of hrs I sh'l do in C-152 to avoid doing Extra hrs keeping in mind our beloved DGCA requirements (within 6 months walla)

I know I am confused n I hope I am not confusing you guys too... ;-)

Thanks again.

gustndust
21st Oct 2011, 13:32
Somebody help me :ugh:out here before this thread is moved from first page

PLEASE !!!

equinox123
21st Oct 2011, 17:21
hi guys,
if any one is doing their recency ,let me warn you of the oncoming problem as told to me by my friend............he said that a few of his friends got rejection letters from the DGCA asking them to do their 250 NM,120 NM X'c on the piper Seneca if they wanted Multi endorsed on their CPL........but they have just flown the 250,120 NM X"C on the Cessna 152 and they did the general flight test by day,night ,IR on the Cessna 152 and then they flew the piper Seneca only for the general flight test by day.night and IR..... all of this is mentioned in the flow chart..............any idea why DGCA wants us to do the 250 NM, 120 NM X"C on the piper Seneca too..........???

cyrilroy21
21st Oct 2011, 17:40
@equinox

Nowhere in the flow chart does it say that you have to the 250 and 120 on the multi if you want a multi endorsement .
I know people in the past who converted also without doing the same .

Could you mention the name of the DGCA officer who was handling their file ?

And thanks for the info . I will soon be going for recency myself

superdunkaroos
21st Oct 2011, 18:10
120 and 250NM are part of the CPL requirement and need to be done on the same type of A/C that they intend to do their GFT(commercial) on.

All that you mentioned is bollocks.

cyrilroy21
21st Oct 2011, 18:20
@ superdunakaroos

You are right

But if you follow the flow chart it does not mention which aircraft ( single or multi )

But whats written on the flow chart is not a rule . Its just information

As per the rules you need to do the GFT tests , IR test as well as the the 250 and 120 on the aircraft for which endorsement is requested

For reference Aircraft Rules 1937 , Schedule II , Section L , 1 h)
AIRCRAFT RULE, 1937 (http://www.dgca.nic.in/rules/1937-ind.htm)

Thanks for bringing it to my notice guys :D . Saved me a bunch of trouble

superdunkaroos
21st Oct 2011, 18:32
Always refer to the CARS as your final reference source. As you can legally hold the DGCA responsible in case of any goofup on their part.

:)

equinox123
22nd Oct 2011, 04:49
so what now guys?..............i mean do we have to do the 250nm and 120 nm on the piper Seneca too..............come on DGCA plz, have mercy on us.........any one here who could confirm this rule............i have no clue who the officer who rejected their application was,but i know for sure that they were rejected on grounds that they didn't have their 250nm and 120 nm cross country on the piper Seneca.........how ridiculous is that,coz the DGCA has not mention it on the flow chart...........as if it were some hidden clause before opening a tender..........PLZ Confirm the rule guys.im too headed West for recency