PDA

View Full Version : Turbulence

d.brophy
18th Oct 2011, 05:27
As we approached Kuala Lumpur airport, I guess our Air Asia pilot decided to fly a little close to a thunderstorm. The most amazing roller coaster ride ensued, culminating in everything in the cabin rising gracefully off the seats, two feet in the air before slamming down with a spectacular crash. Needless to say everyone in the plane was screaming blue murder and even the cabin crew looked scared. About five minutes after it calmed down, everyone was amazed by the appearance of a small asian man from the toilet. He staggered out, looking visibly shaken - he'd been in there throughout. The cabin crew screamed at him to sit down and strap himself in. With no belt to hold him down, he had also risen two feet off the toilet and landed on it with enough force to break it clean off the wall. Needless to say, I won't be dawdling on the loo in future.

http://i53.tinypic.com/qpmc5i.jpg

hellsbrink
18th Oct 2011, 05:29
He was in the right place for a shock like that

BOAC
18th Oct 2011, 09:31
Just before this thread moves, may I suggest a 'PAN-PAN-PAN' call would have been appropriate?

fireflybob
18th Oct 2011, 09:45
Bet he felt a bit flushed after this event........

EW73
19th Oct 2011, 03:28
There is a Return to Your Seat sign in each loo!

dubh12000
19th Oct 2011, 11:04
Looks like he did return to his seat

Slasher
22nd Oct 2011, 07:42
Hmm.....AA should've done a severe turbulence check on the
aircraft after arrival, but did they do one on the bloke's arse?

Takan Inchovit
22nd Oct 2011, 11:31
Well, at least he didn't flip his lid.

G-DAVE
22nd Oct 2011, 11:50
"About five minutes after it calmed down, everyone was amazed by the appearance of a small asian man from the toilet".

He might have been over 6 foot tall before this event :E

11Fan
22nd Oct 2011, 18:00
It was uncertain at first if the gentleman was a paying passenger or a member of the blue man group.

http://www.ephinx.com/tvadverts/uploads/thumb/Intel%20-%20Blue%20Man%20Group.jpg

Mr Optimistic
22nd Oct 2011, 18:35
So why did he stay in there for the extra 5 minutes sitting on a busted toilet ? Was he trying to hide the damage ?

NZScion
22nd Oct 2011, 19:55
Maybe he was trying to dispose of the evidence?

... Hat, Coat, Door....

pigboat
22nd Oct 2011, 21:18
"About five minutes after it calmed down, everyone was amazed by the appearance of a small asian man from the toilet".

Was he wearing a fur collar?

Loose rivets
22nd Oct 2011, 22:22
It wasn't turbulence. It wasn't a small Asian man. The real reason for the upset was something quite, quite different.

The investigation board were perplexed by what looked like "fingernail scratches on the wing and fuselage." They'd seen them before, but never the signs of a frantic attempt to cut into the toilet from outside.

Da-da da-da. Da-da da-da . . .