PDA

View Full Version : Itunes account - Cannot change region

proxus
17th Oct 2011, 22:00
Hi all.

I was in the process of changing my Itunes account region from the US store to the one in my home country. The problem is that it isn't allowed due to the reason that I have 18 cents in credit on the account and a changeover isn't allowed unless the credit is 0, therefore I'm a bit stuck.

With no way of buying anything in the Apple store for 18 cents, nor me not wanting to start a totally new account, is there a way to throw away this minuscule amount of credit or donate to somewhere so I could regain control of my account again?

Proxus

mixture
17th Oct 2011, 22:03
Have you already contacted Apple support on the matter (see here (http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/)) ?

Frelon
19th Oct 2011, 18:19
Just open an iTunes account in your home country! Simples.

My iTunes account is in the UK and most of the time it is fine for me. However I live in France and wanted to download an app for my iPhone called SFR WiFi which allows free wireless use in SFR zones (if you have an SFR account, which I use for broadband).

I went onto iTunes France and found this app but was told it was not available because my iTunes account was in the UK! So I duly opened a new iTunes account in France and I am now able to download French apps (not many that I want) to my iPhone.

Mike-Bracknell
19th Oct 2011, 18:24
Just open an iTunes account in your home country! Simples.

Not great if you want to keep/combine what you've already bought with what you intend on buying though, is it? Not very simples in the long run.