PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy and JAA Class 2 Medical

KandiFloss
17th Oct 2011, 21:16
I would be grateful if anyone could give me any advice. I would like to know if I would be able to carry on flying if I was pregnant ( I currently hold a class 2 medical which expires March 2012).

I have read somewhere that you can fly up until 26 weeks pregnant?

I would be really grateful if anyone could clarify this?

Many thanks, K

DX Wombat
17th Oct 2011, 21:50
Kandi, I would pick up the phone and chat to your AME or the CAA Medical Dept where the staff are extremely helpful. In the meantime you may like to work your way through these threads (http://www.pprune.org/search.php?searchid=8098014) which are primarily intended for Cabin Crew but may well contain information useful to you too. Enjoy your pregnancy, filter out all the "helpful" advice from relatives and friends, all of whom know at least one person who was told she should never have another baby (but who went on to have six), a friend of a friend of a cousin 99 times removed who was in labour for a whole month and someone who lost at least twenty pints of blood (impossible), and none of these friends etc ever volunteer the information prior to your getting pregnant. Once you are known to be pregnant they all crawl out of the woodwork armed with a library full of stories. All these tales need to be taken with a pinch of salt so you will need a huge stockpile of the stuff laid by ready for use. As I said, enjoy your pregnancy, talk to your midwife and when he or she arrives have a wonderful time with your baby.
Please come back and let us know how it went and who the new little person is. :)

homonculus
19th Oct 2011, 14:01
I was always taught you cannot fly once pregnancy is confirmed

May be out of date

KandiFloss
22nd Oct 2011, 13:53
Pboyall thank you for your info ... I appreciate that!

DX Wombat ... I have PM'd you!