PDA

View Full Version : US Airways 735

JWLBOYCE
17th Oct 2011, 12:06
Hi,

Last Saturday, 15th October, I was at Manchester Airport having a look at the planes.

US Airways flight 735 was apparently cancelled, according to Flightstats and Flightaware, however I saw the aircraft take off at around 12:30 that day.

Why would the aircraft take off if it had been cancelled?

Thanks,

JWLBOYCE.

Groundloop
17th Oct 2011, 14:00
Technical fault that allowed a ferry flight but not for pax to be carried?

JWLBOYCE
17th Oct 2011, 14:13
Right, that could be it then - it just confused me how I saw it take off, but it was cancelled, but that would explain it.

doublesix
17th Oct 2011, 16:13
Not saying that was not the reason, but surely cheaper to repair the fault at Manchester than fly it without passengers (fuel costs etc), back to the states, if that's where it went.

Groundloop
18th Oct 2011, 08:49
But even if it was repaired at Manchester it would still be out of position as later services (eg next day?) would be covered by incoming aircraft.

doublesix
18th Oct 2011, 22:11
The 'next day' passengers would surely be the ones who would be on that days scheduled service? What about the passengers left behind when the aircraft went tech, they would need a ride west unless they were very lucky and one aircraft could accomadate two days passengers.

Groundloop
19th Oct 2011, 08:53
The 'next day' passengers would surely be the ones who would be on that days scheduled service? What about the passengers left behind when the aircraft went tech,

They would have already been transferred to other airlines or re-routed via London.

JWLBOYCE
19th Oct 2011, 21:04
Thanks guys - it all makes sense now :O

doublesix
24th Oct 2011, 16:20
US Airways daily flight to Manchester cancelled again today, went tech leaving Philly and subsequently cancelled. Lots of Man to Philly passengers put up in airport hotels overnight and put on alternative flights tomorrow from London or on flights over the next few days!!