PDA

View Full Version : ba.com

backseatjock
16th Oct 2011, 18:26
Anyone know what's up with ba.com today?

I'm over in the middle east at the moment and have been unable to log on to either .com or .co.uk for a good few hours.

I don't even bother trying to call BA with a query or concern these days. I am a frequent flyer on the airline (have been for 10+ yrs) but have long since learned that no-one is actually interested in anything other than positive comment.

750XL
16th Oct 2011, 19:14
Actually log in or just visit the site?

I can visit the site fine at the moment.

backseatjock
16th Oct 2011, 20:12
Can't get onto the site at all at the moment - but web search has shown there have been local problems in Dubai and Gulf region previously and am guessing these may have returned.

All was fine yesterday though.

Skipness One Echo
16th Oct 2011, 20:33
Fog at LHR this morning so possibly a lot more traffic.

PAXboy
16th Oct 2011, 22:47
Yeah, fog slows web traffic down a lot as there are speed restrictions in place. :}

Skipness One Echo
16th Oct 2011, 23:57
I was floating the possibility that severe disruptions at BA's home base *may* have seen a rise in web traffic with people seeking an update...

backseatjock
17th Oct 2011, 03:26
Thanks chaps - caught up with some of the weather disruption from twitter feeds but saw nothing on any news bulletins. Wonder if those poor pax managed to escape from the AI flight diverted to Gatwick?

I'm back on BA106 from DXB early morning so hoping the early morning fog problem does not persist through until Tuesday.