PDA

View Full Version : Flying School in India for Recency.

Anna1000
16th Oct 2011, 14:11
Hi Guys...

Please, recommend me Flying Schools in India where I can complete my recency in short period of time without getting ripped.

Or

Should I opt for abroad instead.

Thanks.

Cactus225
14th Nov 2011, 07:11
Expense depends on te aircraft you wish to fly.

Try the flying school in Karnal. Heard good things about them..

indianflyer
1st Aug 2012, 12:36
Where can I do recency in the lowest possible time.From Karnal flight school my friend did it but it took around 3 months to complete it.

equinox123
1st Aug 2012, 16:17
nothing like MPFC Indore....the CFI Capt. Mandar Mahajan is a gem of a guy.Im saying this because i have first hand experience.It took me just 06 days to finish it all.But since its monsoon time now things may be held back a little.believe me the planes are HIGHLY maintained.You need to see it to believe it......

indianflyer
12th Aug 2012, 16:01
Indore is good for recency but flying charges there are very high.My friend did it from there and he told that beside flying fee you have to pay airport charges + instructor charges like US + membership fee.

Please let me know about the club in Aligarh. Is it good?

avicon
13th Aug 2012, 05:09
Well if you are trying to convert a foreign licence to an Indian one, and assuming you DO NOT at present have an Indian licence, you cannot meet the recency requirements here can you.

You need PIC time for recency for which no flying club will let you take their aircraft out without showing them an Indian PPL with Command privileges.

cyrilroy21
13th Aug 2012, 07:40
@avicon

You can log PIC time by flying SOLO . For that all you need is a Student Pilot license :)

Moreover the General Flying Tests and Cross country tests , IR Checks also count towards the PIC time .

Ellips
13th Aug 2012, 13:02
@Three Blader
Whats great about doing recency in 4 weeks? in India u can do it in 2 weeks.

deepayan
14th Aug 2012, 17:13
Its better to do it in india than in abroad, there is always a less chance of getting a objection after submission

indianflyer
17th Aug 2012, 15:52
I talked in a Flying Club in Aligarh and they said it will take a month to complete the flying and I have to get Student Pilot License from other club since they do not have the facility for the same.But after getting Student Pilot License then I can fly as PIC.