PDA

View Full Version : Hi information on kalinga airlines

aditya_nag2002
16th Oct 2011, 07:21
Hi,
my name is Aditya and i am from the state of orissa in India.I have been searching details about an airline that used operate out of our state back in the fifties called "Kalinga Airlines" flying mostly dakotas in their roster.
Any photographs or pilot details and experiences would help.

Regards
Aditya Kiran Nag

wieesso
16th Oct 2011, 14:10
Found no photos of Kalinga aircraft. :hmm:
Do they had an individual color scheme or did they operate their C-47 with color schemes of the four former airlines, Assam Airways, Indamer Airways, Jamair and Darbhanga Aviation?
Found only registration numbers connected with Kalinga Airlines:
C-47A
VT-AUQ, AXF, AZU, AZV, AZX, CEI, CGB, CGP, CMD, CNZ, COU, CRA, CXR, DAY, DAZ, DDR, DDT, DFM, DFN, DGK, DGP, DGX
C-47B
VT-COA, CQL, CYF
C-47DL
VT-CTR, CYW, DGR, DGS, DFZ

Martin

aditya_nag2002
16th Oct 2011, 19:14
well apparently i could not find any details of the colour scheme on the internet neither any photographs but yes some details of aircrafts are present on various websites especially the ones that have crashed.Actually i am compiling an article on Kalinga Airlines so any help in terms of photographs or testimonials from pilots or their relatives would help.

rshorter3
23rd Nov 2012, 15:36
Hi Adtiya
My father flew with Kalinga before, during and after the Sino & Pakistan Indian wars, in fact he had been flying in India since about 1947 after demob RAAF
From 43 sq. Catalina mine laying.

I took a great interest in the Kalinga operation and there are many interesting, hair raising and tragic stories