PDA

View Full Version : A reminder for candidate slaves..

sheikmyarse
15th Oct 2011, 14:03
The UAE has not signed most international human-rights and labor-rights treaties, including the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, the Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families, and the Convention against Torture.

SAND BALLS OF FIRE
15th Oct 2011, 14:08
you forgot to menttion the convenant of we are going to change your contract 372 times a year...:E:E

KangarooFlyer
15th Oct 2011, 16:40
You can add that, if you work for a UAE employer who decides not to pay you, you have no way to collect, even if you are in possession of a valid judgment from the courts. But if, due to such situation, you fail to pay a single creditor such as bank loan, credit card, landlord, electric, etc., they will hound you day and night and can throw you in jail.

See http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/450974-prestige-jet-all-merged-threads-19.html for discussion of such issues which have happened and are continuing with that operator, which is owned by a billionaire member of the Abu Dhabi royal family, Sheikh Hamed Ben Ahmed Al Hamed.

paokara
16th Oct 2011, 19:44
Not a surprise.

Tell that to koolaid drinkers there.

fluffy5
19th Oct 2011, 07:05
Yes it is such a wonderful place, such a beutiful place. When I was there the old regime I worked for, it was on rare occasion the employee would tell the manager that he quits and to go f##k himself, and guess what would happen....... the police would arrive and arrest him and take away his passport until he apoligised. Other case was the same deal, but he got to the airport and then was arrested and passport taken off him.
And before eti and emirates pilots jump up and say it does not happen here, I am not talking about your companies, but certain companies very closely aligned with the goverment.

fluffy

sheikmyarse
19th Oct 2011, 07:16
My friend which other companies are more aligned to the government than Tehaid and EK? It happens there too but with more subtile methods..for marketing reason. Try to voice with a little too much energy even a more than legitimate complaint and you will find your self the victim of Nazi style countermeasures...
I came to the conclusion that the ME is a good option for the selfserving sheeps that would do anything, from selling their souls and lick arses as needed for a little cash and for the desperate. If you are neither of the two. stay away.

Fart Master
19th Oct 2011, 09:39
Guys, just put SMA on your ignore list like I did, don't give the pr*ck any ammo. The silence is wonderful.......

Waste Management
19th Oct 2011, 18:54
I am not familiar with SMA or his story, but perhaps in the case of the subject matter of this thread, which is about how one can be screwed in this part of the world, does whatever his experience has been give him credibility to raise an opinion on the topic? Most readers are able to distinguish the effect of anger, bitterness and other influences in the posts. Even if he did something to bring it upon himself, would it be instructive for the rest of us to know what happened to him and how it occurred - unless it is so far off the norm that there is no cautionary value in it, whatsoever?

sittingidly
19th Oct 2011, 22:05
When someone calls someone else a ''tortured mental case'', the likelihood of the former actually being the latter is more probable. Regardless of whether SMA left, still is here or ever was at EK, he posted something which was completely factual.

No hidden agenda coming from me. Our management treats us like slaves and the only thing stopping them from doing worse, is the fact that pilots post things on sites like Prpune. Recruiting has been a big issue at EK over the past years because they change our 'contract' at their whim and always to our detriment. ULR= 92 hours before OT for example. But how about the poor sods on the Airbus? I guess being on the A380 leads SOME people to ignore reality.

SMA does not lie. He does not post things that are not factual (at least what I remember) but for some reason, idiots take offence to him. Yeah, he is NOT politically correct but in my estimation that is a good thing. Why do some people feel more compelled to protect THEIR lot in life, to the detriment of others? Why not just be honest about things?

Hurrah, ''occupy wallstreet''. It's about fricken time!

Alconguin Crusader
20th Oct 2011, 07:57
Until SMA got smart or found something better.
The question should be how many pilots at EK are truly happy? I know a lot put up with the ****e because they have nowhere else to go or have come from a worse place. Some have to be medicated to tolerate the Sand not to mention how many pill popping pilot wives there are running around Dubai. Some are even dellusional but to each their own.
When the truth gets out it hurts despots that occupy the Middle East. We all know who they are and what censorship they employ; corporations or governments it is all the same.

fatbus
20th Oct 2011, 08:53
I think SMA got fired after thinking he ( RJ to super pilot ) was smarter that EK and now is facing a repeat at his current Company. He is one bitter pilot, must be a fun guy to live with or maybe his wife ( if Married ) saw the same and dumped him.

Craggenmore
20th Oct 2011, 10:35
.....found something better.

A.Cruasader,

We'd all love £/$ 500,000 per year and 4 sectors a month eh?

The 7+ year EK pilots who I've heard moan a little in flight have never worked under a low-cost model. They wouldn't know what hit them if they had to. You are given nothing but a cockpit seat and money for it. The rest you pay for. Some don't even provide food and water for a six sector day.

sheikmyarse
20th Oct 2011, 16:06
I was abused at the Emirates Mall by a local prince who could not resist my outstanding beauty. To avoid the scandal I was then compensated with diamonds and gold and left Dubai. Now I live in Tibet in a Buddist temple in the mountains and I pray everyday that not only you idiots pilots but all worker of the world unite to get back the rights that few smart bastard are taking away from them so they can live increasingly faboulous lives of luxury and priviliege by screwing them everyday more and more...
Fatbus,, you can continue to get screwed all right..think you like it... I did not.

sheikmyarse
20th Oct 2011, 16:08
hence...my nick name: What the hell...??? Sheik!!! My arse..!!!

I.R.PIRATE
20th Oct 2011, 20:59
How do you know when there is a 'Sooper' driver in the room?

r0v3r
20th Oct 2011, 21:28
Leave the guy, he's delusional. It may be true, the things he said in his first post, but come on, face it... You got sacked because of your attitude.

Seriously, you need to get over yourself. You are no better, in fact you are worse than the many people who bust their asses off, doesn't matter happy or not, to tell them how they are ass-licking sheep slaves or what ever. People are entitled to their own opinion, and you can't judge a single soul for have chosen to live in the ME. If you have found a place which offers better conditions, please share it, this is why this forum exists, but if you don't, go take your complexes somewhere else.

Alconguin Crusader
21st Oct 2011, 11:48
Craggamore, and why did you tolerate such behaviour from your previous low-cost company? It has been said many times by pilots far smarter than I that pilots are their own worse enemy and the industry proves countless times a day by pilots selling their soul and ruining their profession. I am just as guilty as the next guy as I am slaving away at EK for less than Industry Standard pay rates while all the same flying 92-95 hard time hours a month.
Trust me on this there are far more than 7 pilots complaining about the conditions at Emirates. As I said earlieer some pilots tolerate the atmosphere at Emirates becasuse they have nowhere to go but very few pilots are truly happy. Some are better than others at suppressing their anger, I can not and will not do that.
I would like to meet a truly happy pilot at Emirates then ask him to give me some of the drugs he or his wife are using. That will make my life better.

Eric Carr
21st Oct 2011, 16:11
Just out of curiosity AC, who´s the truly happy Pilot?? Maybe the guys flying wild Alaska on Discovery but I highly doubt you´ll find happier pilots at the Majors in the States than you will at EK, but then again if any of us had gotten a job with AA we wouldn't be here, would we...

cerbus
22nd Oct 2011, 15:14
If any of us were good we would not be at Emirates now would we?

White Knight
22nd Oct 2011, 20:22
I would like to meet a truly happy pilot at Emirates then ask him to give me some of the drugs he or his wife are using.

Very happy thanks, as is the missus - NO drugs either:rolleyes::rolleyes: In fact, most of my contempories seem upwardly cheerful too. Yep, rosters can be sh1te (like my last outfit), weather's sh1te too for some months (live with it), driving bad (don't give a sh1t myself - it's crap even in the good 'ole US of A), management sucks (started by Lorenzo I believe:cool:).

You know - I fly with great guys and gals, I love the view from my 'office' and I still love flying and being around aeroplanes. Come and 'rain on my parade' by all means; but I'll just tell you to **** off:ok::ok::ok::ok:

White Knight
22nd Oct 2011, 20:41
SMA does not lie. He does not post things that are not factual (at least what I remember) but for some reason, idiots take offence to him. Yeah, he is NOT politically correct but in my estimation that is a good thing. Why do some people feel more compelled to protect THEIR lot in life, to the detriment of others? Why not just be honest about things?

Hurrah, ''occupy wallstreet''. It's about fricken time!

Actually SI, SMA talks complete bollocks 'cos he was sacked!!!! And is bitter!!!!!

And funnily enough, you say that I (WK) am not politically-correct, therefore I'm a white, imperialist, colonialist pig-dog - so why is SMA is doing a 'good thing' by also being non-PC?

You really are a dipsh1t of the very highest order:E:E:E:E:E

And as for the "occupying Wall Sreet" Why the **** are you drivelling on about gold and silver in other threads??? - You're a capitalist swine who wishes he was on Wall Street himself!!!!

cerbus
23rd Oct 2011, 05:25
White Night

You must have worked for a pretty dodgey airline to think EK is good. But you must be the classic case of Stockholm Syndrome or suffering from being basically dellusional.
Put it out of mind. In a way it is not a bad traite to have. Just ignore what is going on around you and get on with your life. Ignore that we are flying 93 hours a month. Don't worry that Emirates 'does what it wants with the contract always for the negative. Love living in Dubai and the trappings of 3rd world living.
Have fun

sheikmyarse
23rd Oct 2011, 06:36
From the Buddist temple I live in, here in the mountains of Tibet, I can see that you are a sad man WK. I suggest you some meditation.
What a much better world would it be if people like WK was to change their restricted and egoist view of life. How better would be aviatiion if EK and similar would not exist. Too easy to explloit people, too easy to run shady businnes and to easy to be unaccountable. EK is just another Dubai bubble, a marketing exercise like real estate and as real estate, as the Palms , the World it will collapse (or sink) because the only "value" behind it, not with standing all the misleading and deceptive proclama on the walls of the HQ ..is the purest form of GREED.

Payscale
23rd Oct 2011, 07:20
Besides the mud, what is the point of this thread??
Moderator please end this one. We look like crying kids in the public eye.

Wizofoz
23rd Oct 2011, 07:28
EK is just another Dubai bubble, a marketing exercise like real estate and as real estate, as the Palms , the World it will collapse (or sink) because the only "value" behind it, not with standing all the misleading and deceptive proclama on the walls of the HQ ..is the purest form of GREED.

And when do you think this will happen, SMA?

You are so in tune with all things EK, predict when you believe it will colapse, and undertake to stop your drivelish posts if it does not by that time.

I undertake to pronounce you the smartest guy on the planet if EK does collapse in the time-frame you predict.

777boyindubai
23rd Oct 2011, 07:53
Sheiky,

You do have some valid points of view.

But, writing stuff like EK is a bubble detracts from some of those points.

Take care, mate.

sittingidly
23rd Oct 2011, 21:17
Dear Imperialist Brat Whight Knight,
I have no idea if SMA was sacked so please explain to me why you automatically assume he is a bad person.

You said he ''talks complete bollocks 'cos he was sacked!!!". Your mind works in an odd way if that is how you perceive reality.

Then you stated that I considered YOU not to be politically correct but that is exactly the OPPOSITE of my opinion of you. You are an imperialilst, 'class standard'', I"M NATURALLY BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I'M BRITISH!!

Plus, you actually had the audacity to suggest that my comment about ''occupy wall street'', should somehow be construed to mean I am an imperialist like yourself. You are ignorant if you view things in that light. In fact you further embarassed yourself by saying that Gold and Silver investments meant I was part of the conspiracy. YOU JUST DON"T GET IT!!

No one should consider Whight Knights opinions, observations or rants to be in line with reality. He is in all probability, the most self-serving, sycophant, kiss-ass, Imperialist at Emirates Airline.

His monthly visits to TCAS's office to bend over and express his admiration, should be a good indication of his mentality. Sadly for WK, he does not possess the charisma or intelligence to get himself into one of those management positioans. Honestly, you got to be pretty pathetic NOT to attain that goal!

I fear for you Whight Knight. You lead your life in a bubble. Yes, you have a maid, yes your family is living life LARGE here in Dubai, but that is not reality. Keep deluding yourself.

Who really wants to live there nowadays, other than Pakistanis and Indians? What a disgrace you are WK.

In Brit speak, I will sum up. Erms, em, its,its its, um, er, um, eh um, Emirates AHHH, 15, em er.

Em................ er................. em............... apologies to the Brits who can actually speak without saying........ UM at the beginning of each sentence. IN fact, I like the Brits in general but the guys like WK are such bad people it makes me fear the worst for the UK. The guys like WK are the same guys who disparage the Ozzies and have perpetuated the MYTH, that Ozzies are NOT good to fly with. Give me the worst Ozzie any day over a guy like WK>

Alconguin Crusader
24th Oct 2011, 15:30
In all probability WK is posting his messages from the offices of EGHQ. He gets the ok from all stodge de jue and he moves one more rung up the management ladder.
Don't forget he left the UK under questionable circumstances.

sittingidly
24th Oct 2011, 17:12
White Knight, I apologize. Even though I do enjoy winding you up, I should not be so abrasive towards you. I really have no idea if you are in the minority of Brits who are Imperialist donut-heads, just that your posts have led me in that direction.

Russell Peters makes fun of england - YouTube

That link is intended as a joke, so don't get too upset about it. If there is ONE thing the Brits definitely possess, it's a great sense of humor. I just flew with a young English lad who had me laughing my ass off the entire flight.

Granted, he was the guy who enlightened me about what is happening in Jolly Ole England.

It's always the MINORITY of any culture that ruins it for everyone else and I think you are in that minority. But if truth be known, I wish England wasn't being sold-out by it's political and Royal masters. Having said that.... Um, Er, its, its, its, probably wise for me to take the high road and apologize.

But if you persist in believing the BS put forth by the likes of Tony Blair or Cameron, then you deserve what you get. YOU are a pawn. Hell, you might even be a Rook or a Castle but you will still be sacrificed for the 1%. You don't realize it yet, but you will.

White Knight
24th Oct 2011, 21:05
I"M NATURALLY BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I'M BRITISH!!

You arse!!!! I'm ENGLISH... NOT British... British implies that I speak Urdu or Hindi:D:D:D Haven't you worked this out from our discussions yet??????

Don't forget he left the UK under questionable circumstances

Did I???? 'Kin ell, I thought all was ok when BA signed my 'good chap and all that' reference:ok::ok: So, AC old chum - what were these 'questionable circumstances'? PLEASE tell us:D:D:D

SI - what drivel is you last post all about?? Please explain....

White Knight
24th Oct 2011, 21:09
SI - as usual you talk utter bollocks:{

Here in Dubai, you can have a maid

I don't have a maid:D:D:D Nor do I have much idea abour your diatribe in your last post. Sex and drugs and Rock 'n Roll? Complete drivel chum:{:{

sittingidly
25th Oct 2011, 17:15
Ok, I got on a bit of a rant and decided to delete. Basically for fear of my job,haha. At least u didn't BS or blatantly distort things in your past post, although it was still mostly

And once again, just flew with ANOTHER funny and smart Brit/English dude. I then reflected upon posting things that 'perhaps' might disparage all Brits/English. Not my intent at all. I actually enjoy the company of most B/E's. Just that the bad ones, are about as bad as u can get! I still believe u are one of the bad ones but I might be wrong, even though all evidence points to the contrary.

When u made your comment regarding my respect and admiration for the OWS dudes, it reinforced my belief that you have been brainwashed. Then u suggested that my stance regarding gold and silver meant I was part of the establishment,when in reality (and even to an idiot), that is exactly the opposite. I have a feeling u would happily be out there pepper-spraying and beating the hell out of ur fellow citizens, to protect your lot in life.

Honor, honesty, intelligence and compassion for less advantaged people is something we should all strive for. I believe u are the epitome of the opposite but I openly admit I might be wrong.

Not that I always exhibit those ideals but at least try.