PDA

View Full Version : An Unhappy Meal

rotornut
15th Oct 2011, 14:12
Police: Cashier beats unruly customers during argument - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/15/justice/new-york-fast-food-beating/index.html?hpt=hp_t2)

Lon More
15th Oct 2011, 14:18
Sounds like self defence gone a bit far. I'd consider hiring him

corsair
15th Oct 2011, 14:19
A bit like 'Falling Down' in reverse!

Cacophonix
15th Oct 2011, 14:57
Is there such a thing as a "happy" McDonald's Meal?

Par for the course in such outlets... hell epitomized by a feeble bun and bovine spongiform morons.

Caco

tony draper
15th Oct 2011, 15:13
Perhaps that branch was run by a certain Italian family over in Noo Jersey.
:uhoh:

Cacophonix
15th Oct 2011, 15:20
Come, come Mr D, you show the Don no respect...

No way is one of the family going to consider whacking anybody in such a joint. No spaghetti capice...! ;)

Not even that rat Johnny, the blade, Cantolini deserves such a fate!

Caco

Capetonian
15th Oct 2011, 15:28
It's McDonalds. If the cashier doesn't assault you, the 'food' does.

ORAC
15th Oct 2011, 15:32
Wasn't his fault - he'd been told to mash the vegetables.......

G-CPTN
15th Oct 2011, 15:42
3 women in Zimbabwe charged in series of sex attacks on men - CNN.com (http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/15/world/africa/zimbabwe-sperm/index.html)

stuckgear
15th Oct 2011, 15:54
The two 24-year-old women entered the store, placed their order and then began arguing with the cashier, 31-year-old Rayon McIntosh, police said.
CNN affiliate WCBS said the altercation began when the cashier questioned a $50 bill the women gave him. They responded by hurling obscenities at him.
A cell phone video shows how the situation quickly escalated.
One of the women curses at the cashier, then reaches over and slaps his face.
The woman then climbs over the counter, sending the cashier running toward the kitchen area. The other woman walks around to join her friend.
The cashier then suddenly reappears with what police described as a metal object and repeatedly hits the women.

So in essence, the cashier get assaulted, threatened and chased, defends themself and is arrested.

you know, you don't start sh1t then bitch and moan about getting beat down.

how would these people feel if the cashier walked into their place of work, abused them, slapped them and chased them.

sounds like the US is going the huggy fluff way of the UK. Would something go down like this in Texas ?

the cashier was doing a public service by trying to pummel some common sense into these two.

Capetonian
15th Oct 2011, 16:05
I worked for an airline where one of our ticket office staff was verbally abused (and I mean serious verbal and racial abuse) by a passenger. She kept her cool and warned him that if he continued to abuse her she would stop assisting him with his ticket change and would ask the security to remove him. He abused her again, worse than before, and she slapped his face. He richly deserved it.

She was sacked.

However, word got round the airline very quickly, and one particular gentleman had a very unpleasant flight, complete with special attention from security and customs on departure and again on arrival! He may well also have had some pretty severe stomach problems during and after the flight. Being rude to airline staff before a flight is never smart.

tony draper
15th Oct 2011, 16:07
From reading the article I understand both women were also arrested and charged with trespass and assault.
Good show.:rolleyes:

con-pilot
15th Oct 2011, 16:28
Actually I was on the guy's side, untill he kept hitting them while they were on the ground. Up until then, they got what they deserved.

Bottom line is, if they had not assualted the employee, there would have been no problem.

Brings to mind the old saying; "You reap what you sow."

Storminnorm
15th Oct 2011, 16:32
Yes, it was only a pity that he "overdid" it a bit.

But it sounds like they deserved it.

lomapaseo
15th Oct 2011, 16:39
The use of a deadly weapon factors into this escalation. It looked to me like he used a burger flipper which was likely contaminated with grease which could lead to food poisoning

No wonder the franchise disowned the employee.

In the end it's now more of a personal fight rather than a business contributed problem

beaufort1
15th Oct 2011, 16:48
Is that what is meant by 'supersize me'?:}

Cacophonix
15th Oct 2011, 16:50
Beating somebody and cracking their skull requires a fair amount of violence. Whatever the provocation this guy was/is clearly unhinged. I suppose his defense attorney could claim that being employed in a McDonald's outlet created the conditions that led to his instability.

Caco

11Fan
15th Oct 2011, 16:58
Didn't help that the whole time he was screaming "You want fries with that?"

con-pilot
15th Oct 2011, 17:19
I'm reminded of the same type of incident, except it was two black women beating a white woman so bad she went into convulsions. Too bad that guy wasn't working at that MacDonald's with his stick.

I'm also sure the MacDonald's Corporation already has a team of attorneys there with all kinds of settlements to offer. Cause you know those two women are going to sue.

When they get out of jail.

G-CPTN
15th Oct 2011, 17:33
Striking another person was a sacking offence where I worked.

I don't know whether 'self-defence' was a mitigating circumstance.

er340790
15th Oct 2011, 19:57
But will they do it again????????

stuckgear
15th Oct 2011, 21:02
Didn't help that the whole time he was screaming "You want fries with that?"

LMFAO 11 Fan.

the other option was him screaming 'how you lovin' it now motherf**ker?'