PDA

View Full Version : Oh the rapture ..... again!

eastern wiseguy
14th Oct 2011, 21:34
Preacher Claims Rapture Will Happen In One Week…Again | Addicting Info (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10/14/preacher-claims-rapture-will-happen-in-one-week-again/)

The video made me chuckle....

Lonewolf_50
14th Oct 2011, 21:37
The Rapture occurs with great frequency in my house, as a certain somebody there is often heard to shout "Oh God, I'm coming --"

Coat, hat, exit.

Cacophonix
14th Oct 2011, 21:47
"Oh God, I'm coming --"

Why is it that the God of sex is Judeo Christian...? :ugh:

I mean, what about the Sikhs, the Moonies and even, those poor souls like me, the atheists...

It is so unfair! :sad:

Caco

waco
14th Oct 2011, 21:53
...........can I get a bet on ???

Cacophonix
14th Oct 2011, 21:56
The late great Dave Allen... :p

vDnDyjWSH4Y

Caco

Krystal n chips
15th Oct 2011, 07:38
I seem to have a prior engagement on the day in question so, sadly, it appears I will be taking my chances with the legion of the damned who remain on planet Earth.....however...this little clip, or rather the lyrics, would seem to be rather apt for the preacher and his flock.... who clearly are not.:E

Alan Price Set - The house that Jack built 1967 - YouTube

Richard Taylor
17th Oct 2011, 15:49
It was Blondie's best hit...

rgbrock1
17th Oct 2011, 16:07
Lonewolf, you male chauvinistic pig. (Although I was about to write the same thing but you beat me to it!!!!!)

corsair
17th Oct 2011, 17:16
Look forward to it, I won't be going anyway but apparently my kids will be swept up to heaven if I'm to believe the stories. So I'll have a lot more time on my hands not to mention a good night's sleep again. Knowing they're safe in heaven will reassure in the time of trials ahead.

As I'm likely to be flying that day it's reassuring for my passengers that I won't vanish without warning.

It'll be great, a world without noisy kids and all those holy Joes.:ok:

Keef
17th Oct 2011, 17:21
No such luck. I'll still be here...

eastern wiseguy
17th Oct 2011, 17:33
Keef...surely not!...not even on the staff standby list?:)

11Fan
17th Oct 2011, 17:37
No such luck. I'll still be here...

Someone has to stay behind and say "I told you so." :p

Keef
17th Oct 2011, 17:37
Nah, I've got another few years to go.
There's a Rapture every week round here - I'm in no rush.

SpringHeeledJack
17th Oct 2011, 18:04
All that effort and energy expended in anticipation and expectation of life ending. If only he and his followers put as much effort into affirming and living life now, things would be much better :rolleyes:

SHJ

Lon More
17th Oct 2011, 18:11
keep trying son. You'll get it right one day.

maybe a sign he's on the right track - an earthquake, or a volcano or two?

Hobo
17th Oct 2011, 18:57
And will there be a mighty wind, Brother Enim (http://www.epicure.demon.co.uk/endworld.html)?

Certainly there will be a mighty wind, if the word of God is anything to go by...

And will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the earth?

No - it will not be quite as mighty as that - that is why we have come up on the mountain....

..well someone had to bring this up....

Lonewolf_50
17th Oct 2011, 20:45
Ah, yes, the Secret Policeman's Other Ball. Thanks for the reminder. :E

racedo
18th Oct 2011, 00:00
The Rapture occurs with great frequency in my house, as a certain somebody there is often heard to shout "Oh God, I'm coming --"

Its You and Palm is it ?

eastern wiseguy
21st Oct 2011, 19:31
Still here........

Fareastdriver
21st Oct 2011, 19:40
Quite a nice day. In fact it is going to be unseasonably warm this weekend.

Mike X
21st Oct 2011, 19:49
Well, god loves me and I've gone big on tomorrow's lottery. I've agreed a 50/50 split.

So, thank me for your continued existence after 21h30 (GMT+2) tomorrow evening.

Jeez, the things I do for people !

hellsbrink
22nd Oct 2011, 05:48
Something definitely happened. I woke up this morning to a house with no beer and I have no hangover....... Am I dead?

Takan Inchovit
22nd Oct 2011, 06:42
Ahhhh the Rapture, haven't seen that happen since the last time earth went into a close orbit with Jupiter.

Richard Taylor
22nd Oct 2011, 08:33
So what's the old codger's excuse this time? :rolleyes:

RedhillPhil
22nd Oct 2011, 10:35
And will there be a mighty wind, Brother Enim (http://www.epicure.demon.co.uk/endworld.html)?

Certainly there will be a mighty wind, if the word of God is anything to go by...

And will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the earth?

No - it will not be quite as mighty as that - that is why we have come up on the mountain....

..well someone had to bring this up....

There were several mighty winds in the house last night...then I remembered the Lamb Biryani that three of us had for dinner.

Avtrician
22nd Oct 2011, 11:02
.Dont know about Rapture, its raining out and I need to take the bike to fuel up (petrol jumps by 11c a litre tomorrow)

Rollingthunder
23rd Oct 2011, 01:06
you can come out now Harold - you old senile idiot.

con-pilot
23rd Oct 2011, 02:11
Rather sad it didn't happen, it has been a long time since I've been raptured, 1987 was the last time. Been married since then. :(

Shiny side down
23rd Oct 2011, 03:24
So.
Based on everything being delayed these days, so it is with the rapture.
Rescheduled.

Sticky situation.
I'll be flying that day, knowing my luck.
I'll not be selected. So, I shall probably depart with 220-odd souls onboard, and shall probably be left to explain the awkward situation of having lost most of them en-route, from an aluminium can with the doors closed...

I'm sure the 'head count must have been wrong' ploy will be a failure.
Advice, please.

Cacophonix
23rd Oct 2011, 10:21
If "the rapture" sounds and looks like this then I am all for it!

Caco (showing my age)

pHCdS7O248g