PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher's A-380's

rahulred5
14th Oct 2011, 19:36
As we are all well aware KFA's finances are in tatters. So this calls into question about their order for the A-380's.Last I heard they are still going ahead with the induction in 2014.

Any idea what routes VJM plans to use the 5 A-380's on ?

LieDetector
14th Oct 2011, 19:41
Already cancelled some time ago along with the a350

rahulred5
14th Oct 2011, 19:48
Where did you hear that they cancelled the order ?

LieDetector
14th Oct 2011, 19:55
It was in the news earlier this year.

flyjet787
14th Oct 2011, 19:59
Not canceled. But highly unlikely they would ever take deliveries of the A380. It would be nothing short of a miracle if KF can recover from the current turmoil and induct the 380s in 2014.

Right now they can't even afford to buy aircraft spare parts. Just have a look around at some major airports like MAA and BOM and you will see quite a few KF ATRs and 320s wrapped up and parked at remote bays.

Things are so bad now that there is a constant disruption of fuel supply from oil companies in India. Airports are threatening to stop services. Flights are getting delayed or canceled at regular intervals. At this pace I would not be surprised if passengers start ignoring KF all together.

And the biggest joke is that despite the high unreliability and decline in standards in the recent past KF is still a "5 STAR AIRLINE":E.

rahulred5
14th Oct 2011, 20:16
@ Lie Detector where are your sources to back up your claim ? I have not read anywhere that they cancelled the order.

JimGreen
15th Oct 2011, 06:01
Kingfisher reworks plane purchase plan (http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/kingfisher-reworks-plane-purchase-plan/424141/)

LieDetector
15th Oct 2011, 06:52
Its all over the internet all you need to do is a bit of search. Ofcourse they are not going to come out and have a front page announcement on a National daily, does no really go down well with the investors and their public image.

flankerpilot
15th Oct 2011, 07:34
Mr Lie Detector, just because it is "on the internet" does not mean that they cancelled their order. I suggest that you first do your own research without spouting stuff you do not know.

My own sources in KFA tell me that as of now its is not "cancelled" but delayed. VJM would cancel it only as an absolute last resort as that was something of an image booster for him.

As for the routes, if KFA manages to get its finances back on track, the 380's probably will be used to travel to JFK , LAX and SFO from BLR , BOM and DEL. The 350's will be used for the European and Asian routes to replace the 330's

LieDetector
15th Oct 2011, 07:51
^^You've got to be either living in a dream world or a major kingfisher shareholder to believe that nonsense.

flankerpilot
15th Oct 2011, 08:01
And you are a 22 year old CPL holder with a grand total of 250 hours who knows everything because "I read it on the internet":rolleyes:

Seriously man stop making a fool of yourself. There has never been an official announcement CANCELLING (deferred does not mean cancelling) either the 380 or the 350. Everything else is just RUMOURS till such an announcement comes out.

Peace

HAWK21M
19th Oct 2011, 20:51
Its been deffered.....But situation looks like a cancellation would be on the cards in future soon enough unless IT has a miraculous recovery.

Sky Dancer
27th Oct 2011, 03:09
Flanker Pilot , going by your name you seem to be a former Su 27 / 30 MKI pilot.Going by your level of awareness and intelligence , you seem to have just graduated from high school leave alone 250 hr CPL / IR.My advice to you is Good Morning Sir , wake up look around you and see what's actually going on.:ok:

flankerpilot
27th Oct 2011, 08:04
^ Skydancer or should I say Skytroller save your trolling for a call of duty forum.

And since your education on modern warplanes and air forces is lacking let me educate you. The Su27 has never been in service with the IAF. My advice to you "sir" is to keep away from posts you have an urge to troll.

Good morning to you too.

Al Fakhem
28th Oct 2011, 12:18
Of course they are not going to come out and have a front page announcement on a National daily, does no really go down well with the investors and their public image.

Obviously, major orders are announced with great vigour, cancellations less so (meaning: never mentioned). Instead, one speaks of postponement or deferral, and hopes that the public simply forget.

Question: how long has a deferral to be in order to qualify as a cancellation?

My odds are on KF having internally abandoned the idea of ever flying A380s in VJM's life time.

captjns
28th Oct 2011, 21:25
The airline does not have two King Fisher beer bottle caps to rub together to even afford a plastic model of the A-380

J77
29th Oct 2011, 16:42
Gentlemen,

Just heard from a reliable source that VJM is in big trouble - not only with the airline but he also stands a chance of loosing his entire brand. Yes that's right even his booze buisness. Apparantly there is an offer to the banks to take it over by an international booze company. SBI is licking its lips as it stands to loose a lot for the loans dished out to the group. The number of external agencies owed money is growing. The impatience will see the airline only run upto Jan, after which the writing is on the wall. Time to get those CV's dusted as the deluge out will be big. Compounded with the AI/IC exodus will make the Indian airline job scenario for experienced pilots interesting.

Al Fakhem
31st Oct 2011, 10:08
Just heard from a reliable source that VJM is in big trouble

VJM might have to visit the pawnbrokers soon to turn some of the bling on his fingers into cash :rolleyes:

Dualinput
31st Oct 2011, 11:55
Let KF manage the existing fleet first! Several planes on ground and the number is going up. I agree if anyone still believes that A380/350s will come, he/she is in a dream world! Let them get their act right first.
Cheers

Dualinput
31st Oct 2011, 11:57
@ al fakhem.....bling is in these days it seems! It's not going nowhere for a long time!:O

A380 Jockey
31st Oct 2011, 20:01
Sky Dancer,
Great job at exhibiting a very high level of restraint at flanker's comments. And thanks for showing courtesy in the face of ignorance and arrogance. We need more Ppruners to learn from this 'exchange'.
Keep it up SD...:D

Jazbag
1st Nov 2011, 08:50
Refer the following article in Indian Express

With mounting debt, Kingfisher knocks at govt’s door again - Indian Express (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/with-mounting-debt-kingfisher-knocks-at-govts-door-again/868676/)

For all the employees sake it would be nice if KF pulls through

JB

Sky Dancer
1st Nov 2011, 17:06
Flanker Pilot , or should I say "****** Pilot" , initially I was in doubt about your level of intelligence , now I'm convinced about your level of stupidity and ignorance.Before you select a fancy nickname for yourself , do a bit of research about it.If you read how I addressed you initially , I said SU 27 / 30 MKI. The NATO codename of "Flanker" was originally given to the SU 27 . The SU 30 / 33 are derivatives of the original SU 27 design are stilled called variations of the "Flanker" name in the NATO files. So to answer your question , I am very much awake and I do know all the aircrat the IAF have flown till date. And my suggestion to you is " Wake Up " and when you do wake your good friend VJM as well as I think he is still dreaming that the A 380s are on the way.Both of you need a reality check and hey that's why I'm trolling all over you buddy , I'm just helping you out.Good morning..:ok:

LieDetector
1st Nov 2011, 17:28
Skydancer : I think we have established that flankerpilot is nothing more than an armchair analyst, nothing to see here.

Meanwhile back on topic, kingfisher like most ailing airlines today suffers from over capacity and over expansion. With mallaya having bit more than he can chew(too many business ventures) it will need a miracle from the management get things sorted at KF.

Sky Dancer
2nd Nov 2011, 07:26
Well said Lie Detector and not to mention mismanagement:{:ok:

LieDetector
2nd Nov 2011, 07:38
Meanwhile talked to a friend of mine who is flying with Kingfisher, expect a huge exodus of experienced pilots(guys with 4000+ hours) from the ranks early next year headed to the middle east...cough..Emirates...cough.

Sky Dancer
2nd Nov 2011, 17:54
Well best of luck to them , heard that many of them are not making the grade at EK.Better bet would be the other ME carriers :ok:

rahulred5
14th Nov 2011, 16:39
Apparently some are still hopeful that at some point in the future they will be delivered.

[/URL][url]http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/SectorsAviation/Airbus-to-stagger-Kingfisher-orders/Article1-769112.aspx (http://http//www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/SectorsAviation/Airbus-to-stagger-Kingfisher-orders/Article1-769112.aspx)

Kiran Rao Airbus (India) : Rao said the A380 order was still on. "A380 is still on as an order but we are not talking about delivering aircraft. Originally it was (to be delivered in) 2011. It will be later on."