PDA

View Full Version : Practical flight exam

Flyting
13th Oct 2011, 20:01
Can anyone point me in the direction as to where it states that if I did the writen exams in the UK I have to do the flight test and medical there as well? I live out side of the UK, with no intention of ever flying there, but in JAA land.
I did the ATPL helicopter exams in the UK as they are the only ones that do actual helicopter related exams, but the hassel and cost of running back and forth with regard to booking and flying in really dragging me down. I would love to be able to just do in the country I live in as this is where I intend to fly......
Or is this just another UK CAA money making scam???

Whopity
13th Oct 2011, 23:09
JAR-FCL 2.065 (http://www.jaa.nl/publications/jars/607096.pdf)

Flyting
14th Oct 2011, 05:49
So according to this:

(b) In circumstances agreed by both Authorities, an applicant who has commenced
training under the responsibility of one Authority may be permitted to complete the requirements under the responsibility of the other Authority.
The agreement shall allow for:
(1) theoretical knowledge training and examinations;
(2) medical examination and assessment;
(3) flight training and testing,
The Authorities shall agree the ‘State of licence issue’.

it is possible if both the authorities agree?

Now, who do I contact at the CAA to follow up on this??? :E

Whopity
14th Oct 2011, 08:05
You could try the Licensing Depts

BillieBob
14th Oct 2011, 09:51
Alternatively, wait a few months until the law changes.

Flyting
14th Oct 2011, 18:24
Alternatively, wait a few months until the law changes.

and then? What will the change be/mean?

Flyting
2nd Nov 2011, 05:42
I contacted my CAA who said all they need is for the UK CAA to send proof that I had done my course through an approaved JAA course provider and that the exams have all been completed.
Contacted the UK CAA and explained my situation, and POOOOOF.....email sent to me and my CAA and license transfered, which means, I don't need to travel to the UK for the medical or the flight test, but can rather do it in my home country.......
Now if only all the flight schools would stop BULL ****TING us just to get our POUND of FLESH.......
:mad::mad::mad: