PDA

View Full Version : Is tuesday the best day of the week?

TheGorrilla
11th Oct 2011, 14:07
It seems like a great day of the week to be off. I've just been out bonk training on the roads. Quiet as anything and nobody to get in the way of the bonking. The shops are open, darts night down the pub. The only miserable people seem to be those who are working. I like tuesdays. :)

MagnusP
11th Oct 2011, 14:11
It will be if Scotland beat Spain tonight.

TheGorrilla
11th Oct 2011, 14:14
Hmmm... :confused:

Good luck on that one. However, that may only happen on ONE tuesday! :E

er340790
11th Oct 2011, 14:21
Is it :mad:!!!

tony draper
11th Oct 2011, 14:28
Dont remember it so from when was a working stiff,Mondays were ghastly as one was recovering for the weekends debauchery,Tuesdays were awful because it was a eon until the next weekend, Wednesdays weren't bad if you worked in a shop as you got a half day off,Thurdays were good because if you got paid weekly you got your wedge, Fridays were ok because we generally started the weekends Publerating on a Friday night.
Tuesadays Nah!! near as bad as Mondays/
:rolleyes:

Curious Pax
11th Oct 2011, 14:30
I'd enjoy Tuesdays too if I'd been running around bonking rather than working :(

Doing it in the road in broad daylight may be risky, though of course laws regarding public decency may be more lax in the mist than they are here.

Shack37
11th Oct 2011, 14:57
I'd enjoy Tuesdays too if I'd been running around bonking rather than working http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/sowee.gif

My sentiments entirely, WTF is "Bonk Training"?:confused:

Just followed the link in the next post and realised it has absolutely nothing to do with bonking...:yuk:, but may be good for gorillas.

TheGorrilla
11th Oct 2011, 14:57
Ah you can't beat a good hard bonk out on the open roads.

Hitting the wall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonk_training#Bonk_training)

:\:{

TheGorrilla
11th Oct 2011, 15:10
I think I prefer the other sort of bonking to be honest. I still like my tuesdays off though. :p

Capetonian
11th Oct 2011, 16:01
Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
A-you can find me cryin' all of the time

Today's Tuesday, I'm in one of my favourite places in Europe, if not the world, I've had a delicious creamy ice cream and bought chocolates from my favourite chocolate and ice cream shop ..... and it's not even raining!

Tuesday's definitely a good day for me!

denachtenmai
11th Oct 2011, 16:09
Tuesday's a good day for me also, as is Wednesday and Thursday, come to think of it so's Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 'cos I'm retired. :p
Regards,Den.

radeng
11th Oct 2011, 16:11
How much bonk training do you have to do to be good at bonking? Maybe we need Slasher's opinion on this.....

TheGorrilla
11th Oct 2011, 16:56
I like to bonk two to three times a week. Any more than this would be harmful. :uhoh:

anotherthing
11th Oct 2011, 17:17
Unfortunately 'Bonk' training, as intended by the OP, is another of the many misconceptions regarding training and weightloss...

G-AWZK
11th Oct 2011, 18:18
Someone somewhere worked out that the 3rd Tuesday of February is the worst day of the year.

Tuesdays suck harder than an RB211 on full chat.

hellsbrink
11th Oct 2011, 18:24
Unfortunately 'Bonk' training, as intended by the OP, is another of the many misconceptions regarding training and weightloss...

I dunno, bonk enough and bonk regularly and you'll definitely be fitter as well as lose weight.........

redsnail
11th Oct 2011, 18:41
Is it Tuesday? It's "Day 2" for me.

G-CPTN
11th Oct 2011, 19:21
When I was based in Denmark I always knew what week it was (and also what number day it was).
Those details were how the industrial corporation kept track of things.

(seems it's week 41 and day 284)

Note:- there are approximately 200 working days in a year.

pigboat
11th Oct 2011, 20:57
Is tuesday the best day of the week?
Probably, the next three are WTF!

sea oxen
11th Oct 2011, 21:35
G-CPTN

We do that in Germany too.

For some reason, being three weeks behind in KW41 is the end of the world. It's not a bloody liver transplant (although I might soon need one).

SO

MagnusP
12th Oct 2011, 08:15
3-0. No it feckin' wasn't. :*

Oh; 3-1. I switched off before the consolation goal . . .

Exascot
12th Oct 2011, 09:16
Sundays are definitely the best here on this small island. The church services last for hours and hours.

You can get a drink in the local taverna much faster :ok:

McGoonagall
12th Oct 2011, 09:53
I'm probably in a good position to observe the varying moods of punters on different days as they get on me train to be transported into Old St, Moorgate and the City from the leafy suburbs.

Monday: Utter misery, another week of sitting in an office dealing with petty politics. I try to relieve the misery with cheery upbeat announcements on the PA. Doesn't seem to work for some reason.

Tuesday: Resignation, same shit different day and its raining.

Wednesday: Stoic. Glimmer of interest as the sun is out and that bird opposite is a bit hot really.

Thursday: Heads that were previously intent on studying their shoes raise themselves almost to the horizontal. The odd foot taps to the ubiquitous i-pod.

Friday AM: Previously silent but packed platforms are, if not a hive of happy chatter, at least communicative. Weekend plans being discussed, talking about how the trains have been on time all week but the service is still shit. A few smiles can be seen.

Friday PM: Are these the same people that forced themselves on your train last Monday? Ties loosened, a distinct whiff of a cheeky half or two before catching the train. Cheery salutations to fellow travellers who they will studiously ignore the following Monday.

They are welcome to it and all the nonsense that goes with such a worklife.

TheGorrilla
20th Oct 2011, 10:30
Seems like I chose the wrong day to give up bonking..

DX Wombat
20th Oct 2011, 11:07
Any day on which you are alive is the best day of the week. :ok:

Storminnorm
20th Oct 2011, 11:37
I was just going to say something similar.

Any day of the week is super as long as everything is working OK.

TheGorrilla
1st Nov 2011, 19:35
Ahhhh.... Tuesday again. :)

gingernut
2nd Nov 2011, 00:18
Try and avoid any work whatsoever on a Wednesday, so Tuesday usually turns into PINOT time.

Stem's from a tradition of walking round Tatton Park each Wednesday afternoon when the shop girls of Altrincham used to finish at lunch, and treat Tatton "Beach" like it was Benidorm.

When I got a propa' job as a nurse, we used to congregate one night each week in a club in Manchester, which just happened to be a Tuesday:)