PDA

View Full Version : Qantas pilot speech on yahoo??

semper fi
11th Oct 2011, 04:36
Is this true?? As shown on yahoo today, Oct. 11, 2011

This is your captain speaking, and we’re all at work, as we want to fly you safely to your destination. We’re really very good pilots. But we are only being paid up to half a million bucks a year to do it."
“Further, there are some people who fly cheaply on company subsidiaries such as Jetstar, as the pilots are paid cheap wages. But we want to raise their wages and raise your fares.”
“Also, we currently pay around 10 percent fares, but we think this unfair. We want to fly for free.”
“But most of all, we want to ensure that no Indonesians, Filipinos or Indians fly Qantas planes.”
“Please go the pilots' union website to read more about our grievances.”
:eek::eek::eek:

pull-up-terrain
11th Oct 2011, 09:22
It is true QANTAS pilots do a speech to make the travelling public aware of the situation at QANTAS and the direction the company is going.
On my last flight to Brisbane everyone on board cheered for support.

But we are only being paid up to half a million bucks a year to do it."
You have to realise, very few pilots at Qantas earn close to that. The ones that do are usually management pilots. A normal line captain on the A380 would make $380k max and if you compared that to an Emirates captain with all the allowances and tax free salary they get it works out the same. 737 pilots at Qantas earn the same as Virgin Australia 737 pilots so its not like they are being overpaid like some people claim.

It is disgusting the way Qantas management are running the place and the way they have planned for the 787 to be crewed by Singapore based pilots on most likely half the wages, flying Australian routes. All the QF pilots on the 744's and 767's will end up out of job because of this.

This website summarises what is really going on as the media seem to get the facts wrong.

Qantas Pilots (http://qantaspilots.com.au/)

pull-up-terrain
11th Oct 2011, 09:30
Forgot to add this...

Jetconnect (HUNGRY BEAST) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=68f_JdPmvlM)

JMEN
11th Oct 2011, 09:53
No problem with guys doing what they are, does not effect me.

But Australia already comes across as a land of bigots and racisits (yes an unfair generalisation).

Is this going to help -

“But most of all, we want to ensure that no Indonesians, Filipinos or Indians fly Qantas planes.”

:eek:

pull-up-terrain
11th Oct 2011, 10:25
Im not sure if you are being serious, but they never said anything racist like that. All they said was they want Qantas aircraft to be flown by Australian based pilots on Australian pay and conditions.

roxar
11th Oct 2011, 13:06

I wonder how many aussie pilot flying in Indonesia.:ugh::ugh:

alouette3
11th Oct 2011, 15:04
Agree with Roxar.When Jet Airways first stated up in India,it was crewed by Aussies and ,if I am not mistaken, the Operations management was in the hands of Aussies too.A very competent bunch and probably a conscious decison by Jet Airways to hire them.But, at that time, I did not hear too much complaining from the Aussies about that tax- free deal in India.
Ooops! I forgot!! This is PPrune. Only White,Anglo Saxon,Protestent males know how to fly and can teach it to the rest of the world.Everyone else, butt out and shut up and stay away from aviation.:(
Let us just call it what it is: Management "outsourcing" labor is union speak for "hey ,my pay is going to get cut!!:eek:.Got to stop that! How do I do that? Well,let's just scare all our passengers into thinking that they are safest with a WASP male at the controls!!"
:mad:

Tankengine
12th Oct 2011, 00:59
Some of you need to grow up!
:=

The real PA is different.:ugh:

Qantas has numerous crew with Asian heritage, there is way less racism here than in most parts of Asia, the idea is simply that Qantas pilots [trained in Australia] fly Qantas aircraft.:ok:

Luke SkyToddler
12th Oct 2011, 02:00
Guys read it again, everything it says, is pro management and anti pilot. Someone who doesn't like pilots, is being sarcastic by posting these things on the net. There's no way that is a pilot PA.

Dani
12th Oct 2011, 09:42
It's hard for me to understand that passenger would cheer if their captain says that his earning half a million... :eek:

I also fail to understand the humour in the linked Jetconnect advertisment clip. So they say it's a plus argument that they are paid less and pax still pay the same price? Am I missing something?

But then - down under everything is different. :\

Dani

320busdrvr
13th Oct 2011, 16:00

Racism and arrogance is what happens when people gets to greedy.
:yuk:

Blueair
17th Oct 2011, 00:05
This is not about racism and arrogance, please read safety records from those countries, what the Qantas pilot said is meant that they wish to have pilots who have training in Australia flying Qantas.

I think the Qantas pilots can be proud of their experiences and flying safety records except the maintenance issues.

Tankengine
17th Oct 2011, 01:33
" “But most of all, we want to ensure that no Indonesians, Filipinos or Indians fly Qantas planes.”

Racism and arrogance is what happens when people gets to greedy. "

320busdrvr [and others with English as second language]:

THESE ARE NOT THE WORDS OF THE REAL PA!!:ugh::ugh::ugh:

This is a wind-up :, Qantas employs Australian based Pilots of any persuasion, I have flown with Chinese, Malaysian, Indian, Sri-Lankan and Australian Aboriginal Qantas Pilots.:ok:

The original post about the PA is B/S [or the youtube post - I have not bothered to look for it]:ugh: