PDA

View Full Version : inquiry regarding A320 TR

martinque
10th Oct 2011, 12:16
Hi,

I'm from the Phillipines and would like to ask you guys if you know any other A320 Type Ratings in the Philippines aside from Clark Aviation, or any other nearby countries that is approved by the CAAP. Thank you!

koolchaos3188
10th Oct 2011, 17:34
Try CAE Kuala Lumpur, I have seen people from Cebu Pacific do the rating in KUL...

martinque
10th Oct 2011, 17:48
thank you! i'll do a research on that :ok:

fernandeztv
10th Oct 2011, 18:22
@martinque you do have A320 SIM centres in KL, SIN and HKG but whether they are approved by CAAP is what you will have to find out in detail by contacting the respective centers. From what i know the Simulators are as such approved but in order to get a CAAP endorsement the syllabus and your final SIM check has to be approved by CAAP. Which means either the person conducting your SIM check should be a check pilot from CAAP or a person accredited to CAAP.

-or- you could just do a type rating abroad and then get the conversion done at CAAP which boils down again to the same issue...a sim check done by CAAP! Which means you will have to hire a sim just for that purpose and also a CAAP checkpilot!

so whichever way you look at it ...you will have to involve CAAP in it. Whether you do you TR inside or outside Phil.

From what i know even if you go to Clark Aviation (only place within your country that offers a A320 TR course) due to lack of availability of slots, they might be sending you abroad for your TR but at the end of the day everything is made sure that the sim and the final check is approved by CAAP.

Just my personal take on this..pls do verify if what i said is correct :ok: good luck with your TR. The Bus is a pleasure to fly :)

captbisdak
10th Oct 2011, 23:58
Just like you, I have been shopping around for alternatives to Clark since they are very busy and was also hoping to save some $.

It seems that airlines in the Phils also use TR centers in KL, HK (Oxford) and according to a friend of mine who used to be with PAL that they also sent pilots to Miami (I assume Pan Am or Sim Center). Hence, it seems that it is possible to take you TR outside but have a conversion check with a CAAP checker using perhaps the Clark sim (again problems with getting a slot).

Among those that I have considered, Aerosim in the US seems appealing but the problem is that you need to convert your licenses to FAA prior to start of training. Hence, in addition to their tuition which was only $13,800 you need to factor another $10t-$12t (and 4 to 6 weeks) for the conversion plus lodging and the costs for CAAP conversion later. The plus side is that they have 2 start dates a month so you have control on the timeframe.

I was told by another friend currently a contract pilot on the A320 within Asia to try to do the US TR and leave it to the prospect employer to do the conversion with CAAP. Apparently this is what the contract pilots currently with CebuPac are doing.

Hope this helps.

martinque
11th Oct 2011, 12:23
Thank you guys for your inputs, i will consider what you guys said. :ok:

Reiner
11th Dec 2011, 01:48
total cost of all training and lodging, coverting CAAP to FAA?

please give me a idea on how much will be cost.

thanks

Reiner

Left Wing
11th Dec 2011, 06:38
Alpha Aviation Group News & Events (http://www.alphaaviationgroup.com/news-events)

Taras B
29th Jan 2012, 06:02
CAE - Corporate (http://www.cae.com/Cebu-Pacific-Air-and-CAE-inaugurate-the-Philippine-Academy-for-Aviation-Training/)

buddys
18th Mar 2012, 18:48
Hi guys,

I'm filipino and looking to get my type rating in the US within this year. I have an FAA license and would like to see if there's anybody interested in pairing up. If I'm correct, the TR training is done by pairs and it'd be better if you know that someone. PM me if interesting or you're considering!