PDA

View Full Version : QF1808 goes tech enroute to PDO 10/10/11

Eddie Bauer
10th Oct 2011, 11:14
QF1808 diverted to Port Hedland after having an issue with the anti lock braking. Crew very professional in dealing with the issue. Whilst I understand that this is operated by National Jet, Qantas as the parent body would do well to realize that this is what it pays ALL of it's pilots to do, operate a service safely and appropriately when these issues occur.

The crew and company have taken the safety first approach and returned pax and aircraft to Perth after a couple of hour delay at Port Hedland.
One nights delay is much better than sitting in the dirt at the end of the runway at Para I say!

I would implore the management at Qantas to consider this: the crew, engineers, cabin crew and ground staff have done an excellent job in handling this situation tonight. It has been my experience that most of the Qantas workforce do an excellent job all of the time (I fly every fortnight on an interstate leg and intrastate leg as a FIFO worker).

Why is it that you seem unable to sit down with your staff and engage in a meaningful, honest and fair dialogue to work out a pay and conditions deal?

Talking to my colleagues and friends, the resounding message is that management are losing all credibility, and support for the staff sees no abatement, regardless of the inconveniences of cancelled flights, delays etc. The public are not on your side management, regardless of the number of apologies you pay for in the national papers.

beechie
11th Oct 2011, 00:35
Maybe staff should strike whenever there is an issue on a plane. That could get a bit more public support :E