PDA

View Full Version : DGCA conversion and logbook question.

aqswde12345
9th Oct 2011, 05:14
Hi guys,

I finished my recency and am planning to apply for conversion within the next couple of weeks. I have all my documents in order. I have a couple of questions regarding the conversion.

1) Is it recommended to submit the application in person or by post? I know its risky sending my originals by post. But if risk is not a factor which option is better? Because I have heard stories of people being taken for a ride when they go there in person.

2) The application says that the log book should have no cuttings. What exactly do they mean by this? I think its almost impossible to have a logbook without a single mistake.

Thanks

EDIT :

3) I did my full training in Canada and my recency in USA. Do I need a Class I medical from both countries?

rahulred5
9th Oct 2011, 05:36
1)submit in person.

2)dont worry about cuttngs.I had whiteners , overwriting and there was no problem.

aviator5
9th Oct 2011, 12:34
1. It is better to submit the documents in person and get your submission acknowledgement by hand ( another copy of your covering letter where they put a stamp with date)

2. Ideally, a logbook should be without cuttings and overwriting , but as you said, its just not possible and DGCA shouldnt create an issue because of that.

Best of luck for the licence conversion

sam8808
9th Oct 2011, 14:45
I have some more questions on this topic:

1) I'll have to get a friend to take my application there in person. Do I need to type out an authorization letter by any chance?

2) Are there any specific timings for putting in the application? Or is it anytime between 9am-5pm on working days?

3) Is it best to give the application to a specific person or just at the reception?

4) The person accepting my application will give a received stamp on a copy of the cover letter. Am I right?

Is there anything else to keep in mind while applying?

smurf84
9th Oct 2011, 15:17
1.) I don't think that would be a problem since your friend would be getting a copy of the cover letter with the 'Received' stamp on it, which would be handed over to you eventually.

2.) You can submit your application anytime between 9-5PM (Mon-Fri).

3.) Hand it over to the front desk. They forward it to the Licensing section.

4.) Yes

P.S. - Make sure you keep photocopies of every single document you submit to the DGCA. They are bound to misplace the originals.

aviator5
10th Oct 2011, 05:24
try to go there well before time. i had gone there at 4:30 in the evening and they told me to come the next day as they werent accepting applications anymore for the day. Cant say it always happens, but thats what happened with me.
Also, you can have your friend deposit the application without any authorization letter from you , as these authorization letters are required only to collect documents from DGCA, not for depositing them.

aqswde12345
10th Oct 2011, 05:58
I did my full training in Canada and my recency in USA. Do I need a Class I medical from both countries?

sam8808
10th Oct 2011, 08:28
Thanks for your helpful replies everyone.

Make sure you keep photocopies of every single document you submit to the DGCA. They are bound to misplace the originals.

And we have to trust them with our original logbooks :eek:

aqswde12345, I'm not 100% sure on this one. But I'd say its safer to make sure your medicals from both countries will be valid at time of application.

sam8808
11th Oct 2011, 14:36
Have one more question about the application.

The CPL form asks for valid upto dates of the theory papers and the skill tests. Is it 5 years from the day results were declared for air reg and composite, and 6 months for the skill tests?

smurf84
11th Oct 2011, 15:28
...Spot on... !

flyboy108
13th Oct 2011, 00:51
I got another question what if you have a FAA Multi CPL(No single commercial),have to do recency. Do you have to do all the 15 hrs on the Multi? Can you just do the Day.night and IR checks on the Multi and to the rest on the single?

elitepilot20
13th Oct 2011, 18:04
I got another question what if you have a FAA Multi CPL(No single commercial),have to do recency. Do you have to do all the 15 hrs on the Multi? Can you just do the Day.night and IR checks on the Multi and to the rest on the single?

you can do your 15hrs on SE, but only if are endorsed on that aircraft. as its just command hours. and you should be recent on your multi as well so do all the checks on multi aircraft.

flyboy108
13th Oct 2011, 23:21
By being endorsed on the single do you mean have a single Commercial license.. It sounds that since i have only a multi engine commercial i have to do all my hours on a multi which is going to be expensive.

Can I do this, do the checks on a multi the day, night and IR, and fly to rest on a single engine. Doesnt the PPL make my single engive hours PIC, so I can get a total of 15 hrs PIC.

aqswde12345
16th Oct 2011, 14:14
guys, what do they mean by photos with name printed on them? writing with a pen will suffice?

rahulred5
16th Oct 2011, 15:10
Yes just make sure you write your name on top of the photographs.Submit extra photos just in case.

equinox123
24th Oct 2011, 06:01
Hi aqswde12345
names on photos with pen are NOT acceptable..............all you need to do is follow a simple procedure and that is ......walk up to a photo studio......give him a photo of ureself and tell him that u want your name written under it in full...........they usually would print it wherever u ask them,on your photograph and give it to you at no additional cost..........hope this helps