PDA

View Full Version : Fish and Chips the future of Aviation!!

Rob Courtney
8th Oct 2011, 01:19
Thomson become the first airline to use oil from chip shops on flights

First commercial British flight fueled by used chip fat is met by naked protesters | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2046465/First-commercial-British-flight-fueled-used-chip-fat-met-naked-protesters.html)

Gotta love the tree huggers though, they really know how to spell Thomson:ugh:!!! having said that when I first saw the photo I wasnt really looking at the writing:E

rh200
8th Oct 2011, 02:49
having said that when I first saw the photo I wasn't really looking at the writing

Yes I must admit I would be more receptive to protestors message if they used a bit more of the "naked" type of thing to get there message across.:E

Wonder what the chance of getting the wall street ones to do the same:p.

N707ZS
8th Oct 2011, 08:59
Looked like three boilers.

Capetonian
8th Oct 2011, 09:02
What is these peoples' problem?

Protesters from Plane Stupid at Birmingham airport protesting against the UK's first commercial flight using biofuel because of the damage it does to the rainforest

What harm does using used cooking oil do to rain forests? Maybe they should stop eating chips and burgers and get their flabby backsides into shape.

Plane Stupid : They are!

Cacophonix
8th Oct 2011, 09:06
More women like this should hug trees!

http://mysticmedusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Al%2Bhugging%2Btree.jpg

Caco

Slasher
8th Oct 2011, 09:18
As long as she's naked I'd be all for her cause Cac! :E

Tarq57
8th Oct 2011, 10:34
There's a guy in the North part of our country who collects discarded cooking oil, filters it, and runs a generator at home. It's an ancient long stroke single banger diesel, and apparently good for about 5Kw.

Oil is free for now; the chippie shops would have to otherwise pay for its disposal.

Fortunately Thomson don't operate in our neck of the woods. His cheap power is safe for a while yet.

ShyTorque
8th Oct 2011, 11:25
Old cooking oil in delicate aircraft engines? I'm surprised they didn't get the chip lights coming on...... ;)

Storminnorm
8th Oct 2011, 11:46
No Bl**dy wonder I keep smelling Fish & Chips!!!

Cacophonix
8th Oct 2011, 12:22
I must admit that although I have a sympathy for some "green" causes the professional green malcontents do bemuse (if not amuse) me at times.

If these people feel so bad about this why are they not picketing fish and chip shops?

Mind you old Costas up the road would probably give a bunch of nude protesters short shrift. He deals pretty well with the drunks on a Saturday night so a bunch of hairy arsed greens isn't going to phase him!

While it might be trendy to knock aviation these Greens should admit that Thompson deserve ten out of ten for looking at alternatives. It is not like Thompson have just bought into hundreds of palm olive groves hewed from the pristine Amazon jungle!

Caco

ShyTorque
8th Oct 2011, 17:28
I hope this doesn't turn out to be a missed hake.

stuckgear
8th Oct 2011, 17:40
I hope this doesn't turn out to be a missed hake.

Or a red herring, missing the true porpoise !

TBirdFrank
8th Oct 2011, 19:11
Oh No! Whale oil have to tolerate fish jokes now!

stuckgear
8th Oct 2011, 19:40
just for the Hallibut !

Mike X
8th Oct 2011, 20:05
They have their Plaice.

ArthurR
8th Oct 2011, 20:14
Next they will re-plaice the grease with Mushy peas.

Fish, chips, mushy peas, Heaven.

Mike X
8th Oct 2011, 20:22
What's that Tuna being played on the Bass ?

stuckgear
8th Oct 2011, 20:51
What's that Tuna being played on the Bass ?

It's Rock and Rollmop

Mike X
10th Oct 2011, 20:35
How're the flying fish doing ?

I thought this thread would have done batter.

Lonewolf_50
11th Oct 2011, 15:07
A marlin years from now, they'll wonder what fish and chips was.

airborne_artist
11th Oct 2011, 15:16
There's a guy in the North part of our country who collects discarded cooking oil, filters it, and runs a generator at home. It's an ancient long stroke single banger diesel, and apparently good for about 5Kw.

Oil is free for now; the chippie shops would have to otherwise pay for its disposal.I run a 23 y/o Mercedes on used cooking oil which I get given by pubs - I filter it to removed the bits and chuck it in the tank. Smells like a barbeque on wheels, but 70mph on free fuel is just fine :}

Totally legit in the UK so long as you keep records and use less than 2,500 litres pa.