PDA

View Full Version : Waiting period.

aviator86
7th Oct 2011, 13:01
Hey guys,

1) Normally how many days does it take to get a Medical Assessment/Medical File No. from DGCA?

2) Normally how many days does it take to get an appointment for a fresh initial Class I medical exam at-

Air Officer Commanding
IAM IAF
Vimanpura
Bangalore 560017
or for that matter any other Class I medical exam centers but more preferably the the above mentioned one.

3) And once we clear our Class I medical exam at the medical centers how many does it take to get the Class I medical certificate from DGCA.

4) Can we apply for the license conversion after clearing the medial exam or do we have to wait till we get the Class I medical certificate from DGCA.

Thank you

Stick_Rudder
7th Oct 2011, 13:40
1) Normally how many days does it take to get a Medical Assessment/Medical File No. from DGCA?It usually takes 2 months (maximum), for your medical assessment. (I assume you ask for class 2 medical, since only after your Class 2 medical you get your PMR File no.)
But if you need your PMR File no. urgently to book a date for the class 1 medicals, you can call the DGCA medical cell after around a month so that they can give you your file no. on the phone itself.

2) Normally how many days does it take to get an appointment for a fresh initial Class I medical exam at-

Air Officer Commanding
IAM IAF
Vimanpura
Bangalore 560017
or for that matter any other Class I medical exam centers but more preferably the the above mentioned one.Call them or visit them personally and ask which is the earliest possible date that you can get and how to apply for the same. The waiting period at each medical center is different but it should be minimal since there are not many people going for an initial medical as it used to be back then when I got it done.

3) And once we clear our Class I medical exam at the medical centers how many does it take to get the Class I medical certificate from DGCA. It should take the same time, around 2 months maximum.

4) Can we apply for the license conversion after clearing the medial exam or do we have to wait till we get the Class I medical certificate from DGCA.I think the CA-35 form that you get immediately after your medicals should be enough. CA-35 form and Medical Assessment serves the same purpose.

Hope this helps.:)

Raven In The Sky
13th Oct 2011, 18:54
The 1st, 3rd and 4th questions are answered by Stick_Rudder...

Air Officer Commanding
IAM IAF
Vimanpura
Bangalore 560017
----> After u send them a request for an appointment, they will revert back to u within 7-10 WORKING DAYS.. You can get an appointment minimum by 3-4 weeks from the date of your request letter.. And if you select a date post 1 month, you stand a chance of getting the date what you prefer..

But believe me, getting your INITIAL exam done at this center is a huge pain in the ass..You will have to run around for 3-4 days to get all the tests done.. You will have an initial feeling that its Air Force, so its all gonna be systematic.. But trust me, by the time u finish your Class 1, u would have grown weak, both physically and mentally!!!!

aviator86
2nd Dec 2011, 06:06
Its been around 7weeks I still haven't received my Class II Medical Assessment / PMR No. I have been constantly trying to call them on the numbers mentioned on their website but in vain :ugh: no ones answering the call.

Does anyone have the DGCA Medical Cell number on which they actually bother to answer the call.

bayblade
2nd Dec 2011, 11:00
try writing your query to this guy [email protected], he is polite enough to reply.

GemofAces
3rd Mar 2016, 05:25
I got no reply from him too..

why is one of the most reputed organisations in india still in such a bad shape of communication?? does anyone bother to change this at all?? :ugh:

can some one suggest a better way to find out the status of my class 2 application? :confused:

Aben05
16th Mar 2016, 05:20
Hey Aviator86,
I had same issues with my Class II as well, the best and fastest way to get hold of the certificate is heading to the Medical cell at the DGCA office. You can tell the PMR section guy over there you want the assessment asap. He ll get it signed and given to you as soon as possible from the Director of the cell and you ll have it in your hand in a day. No need to waste time waiting and sitting at home..

And to the calls , they surely dont bother picking up. I have seen it right when i was there..

Hope this helps.