PDA

View Full Version : Medical Renewal Query??

Arrow0
5th Oct 2011, 18:56
Hello,
I did my Class 1 medical on 27th July 2010 at AFCME New delhi...Was flying in Usa so my renewal date has been posponed by almost 3 months...
What is the exact procedure for getting the Class 1 renewal in New Delhi...??
Do i have to get the NOC first or do i have to forward the PMR to the medical authority first??
The NOC form asks for a PMR number which i was allotted at the time of my Initial Medical...So do i put my previous PMR number or the one which i will get now??
And my reason for the delay of medical is because i was flying in Usa and couldn't finish it up by that time..So is the reason good enough because i dont want them to reject my NOC letter.!!

Thanks in advance..!:)

flight517
5th Oct 2011, 20:11
search for the following circular on the dgca website-flight Crew Licensing Circular (FCLC) NO. 3 of 2008
and then go through http://dgca.nic.in/public_notice/PN-medical%20NOC.pdf

Stick_Rudder
6th Oct 2011, 12:13
I did my Class 1 medical on 27th July 2010 at AFCME New delhi...Was flying in Usa so my renewal date has been posponed by almost 3 months...Don't worry... AFAIK, You can get a NOC without any major hassle, for a renewal date upto 26th July 2012 i.e. You can get it anytime before 12 months after your medical validity has lapsed, but better to do it asap.

What is the exact procedure for getting the Class 1 renewal in New Delhi...??You can call the medical renewal center of your choice and ask them the procedure for booking an appointment for the renewal, since some centers can book a date on the phone itself while others require you to send an email. You can get the phone numbers of these centers on the DGCA website.

Do i have to get the NOC first or do i have to forward the PMR to the medical authority first??First thing that you need to do is book a date at a particular medical renewal center. Then apply for the NOC (you need to mention your booked date on it) and once you get the NOC, request the DGCA to forward your PMR to that center. Note that DGCA requires you to request the PMR forwarding atleast some working days before your medical date (dont exactly remember how much days), so plan accordingly.

The NOC form asks for a PMR number which i was allotted at the time of my Initial Medical...So do i put my previous PMR number or the one which i will get now??Your PMR number remains the same.

And my reason for the delay of medical is because i was flying in Usa and couldn't finish it up by that time..So is the reason good enough because i dont want them to reject my NOC letter.!!Whatever the reason, I don't think they reject any NOC request unless something is really out of order. Go ahead with it, its very easy to get a NOC. Also note that they give you the option to either collect your NOC by-hand (saves 2-3 days) or they send it to you.

Anyone correct me if I am wrong somewhere...

Arrow0
8th Oct 2011, 21:13
Thanks alot bro...This gives me a clear view of how to go about enerything...
A big tanks..!!!:ok:
:)