PDA

View Full Version : Peru - CORPAC

un controlador
5th Oct 2011, 00:46
Saludos!

I am a Tower and Approach Radar controller from the UK, married to a Peruvian lady. We currently live and work in the UK, but Peru is an incredible country and we may wish to move there in the future, so I was wondering if anyone can offer me any information about the possibility of working as a controller in Peru.

First of all, is this possible? I am not (yet) a Peruvian citizen, but I would have the right to work in Peru and I would hope to gain citizenship.

Second of all, are my skills in demand in Peru? I am in my 30s and have more than 10 years of experience as a controller at various UK airports.

Muchas gracias, and best wishes from the UK :)

NEWYEAR
6th Oct 2011, 15:49
Hi Controller,

Take a look at the following link and if I were in your shoes I would try to get in touch with the Trade Union in Perú.

Controladores aéreos peruanos suspenden la huelga en aeropuertos | Mundo | El Nacional.com (http://www.el-nacional.com/noticia/3511/11/Controladores-a%C3%A9reos-peruanos-suspenden-la-huelga-en-aeropuertos.html)

:ok:

EagleA25
8th Oct 2011, 17:26
U-C

If you are willing to take a huge pay cut, live in a developing country with 1970's and 1980's equipment, work in a high pressure environment without the posibility to grow (Yupp, European perfectionists have problems to become more in Latin America as they are not "well connected") then you are spot on here!
You do want to start freshening up on your Spanish, that is "castellano" though!
Good luck
Eagle

un controlador
9th Oct 2011, 16:02
Thanks both for your comments.
1970's and 1980's equipment
No problem, as I said, I've worked at various UK airports. :ok:

Joking aside, I do understand that working in Peru would be different from the UK and I would approach it with no preconceptions. My 'castellano' isn't great yet, but I am learning - with Peruvian pronunciation and grammar.

What I really need to find out is, is it possible for someone with a foreign-issued licence to convert it to a Peruvian licence, and would CORPAC employ them? Or is it only open to locally-trained people? If anyone has any specific knowledge of these things, or any other useful information, I would be interested to hear from you, via private message if you prefer.

NEWYEAR, thanks for that link and your suggestion. I certainly wouldn't wish to intrude on anyone's industrial dispute. If we do make the move, it won't be in the next couple of years anyway, I'm only trying to work out what the possibilities are at the moment.

Thanks again.