View Full Version : Syncing files to IPad

F_one
3rd Oct 2011, 05:43
I eventually worked out how to do the setup with CX's "DDIS" to download my manuals automatically to my Macbook.

Is there a way to sync these files to my IPad, meaning every time the DDIS client download the relevant changes from CX to my Macbook, that it will also sync the updated files to my IPad?

jetset
3rd Oct 2011, 06:17
Yes -ish

You need to get a dropbox account and put your DDIS documents into a folder on Dropbox.

Dropbox (http://www.dropbox.com/)

Then using Goodreader on iPad you can sync that particular folder.

I think you need to manually sync the good reader folder but the dropbox folder will be updated automatically (assuming you turn on your computer occasionally)

Good luck :ok:

asianeagle
3rd Oct 2011, 07:16
Oh!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Have CX started issuing iPads then?:p

broadband circuit
3rd Oct 2011, 17:09
Have CX started issuing iPads then?

Man, that's the funniest thing I've heard for a long time!

bm330
3rd Oct 2011, 20:06
For CX to give out I'Pads, the proposal would roughly go something like: if you sign away your expat benefits package and migrate to '08, CX will lend you an I'Pad (only originals are available) but you must sign for them and CX wants it back if you leave for a real airline.

F_one
4th Oct 2011, 05:10
Thank you Jet, I'll give it a try

yokebearer
4th Oct 2011, 06:56
Apple launches icloud service today along with new iphone. this will allow wireless syncing of all your documents and make dropbox obsolete. Main difference will be that icloud will always sync the latest version of your document- brilliant for keeping files that get updated synced over muliple devices.

So dont bother getting dropbox if you are willing to wait for this new service - it will be live within a week or so.

F_one
4th Oct 2011, 09:48
So dont bother getting dropbox if you are willing to wait for this new service - it will be live within a week or so.

I guess I'll just have to wait then...

Iron Skillet
4th Oct 2011, 11:26
This too will generate massive data transfers and giant invoices, which will continue to cause iPhone/iPad users to be totally offline/no email as soon as they leave their home country/city ("off when roaming") to avoid huge bills.

But, like an Indonesian helper, they will continue to use pay-per-use 1990's SMS technology!

If you want to travel with a laptop: Bring your laptop, not an iPhone/iPad.
If you want to use email without a laptop: Get a Blackberry, not an iPhone/iPad.