PDA

View Full Version : Working in South America?

n8d0g
1st Oct 2011, 13:21
Evening all,

Currently doing my training CPL/NVFR in Australia hopefully finishing within the next 6-8 months, its a bit premature but I was looking at working over in Latin America. Dont really know much about aviation over there, does anyone know if working there with a Australian CPL is viable?

Might be worth pointing out I don't speak Spanish or Portuguese. I know you need to speak Portuguese to work in Brazil, so thats out of the question, but what of the other countries?

Any info welcome, whether its GA or with the big boys.

zondaracer
1st Oct 2011, 15:33
Hello n8d0g,

welcome to the forum. You will find lots of useful info here, including answers to many of your questions. The search function, and just general browsing, will lead you in the right way.

For example, just see what is already listed under the same section
http://www.pprune.org/caribbean-latin-america/461901-jobs-south-america.html

Cheers

chileno 777
2nd Oct 2011, 12:28
The only 2 places where I think u can work as a foreing pilot in Latin America are:

Lan Chile although spanish is a must and Panama (Copa) where 1000 hrs TT min are required for expats.

Good luck.

duyen
15th Oct 2011, 16:18
Hola,

Consiste en dos exámenes teóricos con base en el banco de preguntas de la FAA (las puedes conseguir con ASA, Prepware, etc.), el primero es de ATPL y el segundo de IFR. Si mal no me acuerdo creo que eran 50 preguntas por cada exámen y una hora para completar cada uno.