PDA

View Full Version : Strategic on Credit hold ???

DutyofCare
1st Oct 2011, 05:50
Hmmm: Micheal James & Co have got some serious talking to do on Monday morning with their bankers !!!

It's gotta be difficult now after losing that " cash cow " ADF contract & that embarrassing Soloman alliance / GLA RPT events.

I reckon that office is jinxed: Ozjet, SAW now Strategic ???

If they can last past FEB 12, I'll eat my hat !!!

THRidle
1st Oct 2011, 07:19
So D.of C, enlighten us as to your inside knowledge:=

flying-spike
1st Oct 2011, 21:52
Apparently not much, they are not in that office any more.

Des Dimona
2nd Oct 2011, 00:17
In the current climate, there are many businesses who will either face increased funding costs or have funding facilities withdrawn entirely due to re-assessment of risk / downgrading of credit rating.

Strategic won't be immune from these effects.

Long Bay Mauler
2nd Oct 2011, 03:15
Know my company has issued an email about not loaning Strategic any equipment, as they haven't been paying their bills. Cash up front, me thinks.

That can't be a good sign :ouch:

topend3
3rd Oct 2011, 04:40
this must be the least surprising post of 2011

Al E. Vator
3rd Oct 2011, 04:59
Maybe it's true, maybe not but I am also aware of the prevalence of unscrupulous competitors and/or their employees trying to circulate such rumors to try to discredit an airline.

It's a very low act and perpetrators of such rumors should, if this is the case, hang their heads low.

tail wheel
3rd Oct 2011, 06:54
Yes, I trust there is significant substance to the alleged rumour, or those that have posted above may find they are held to account at law.......

:mad:

Jabawocky
3rd Oct 2011, 07:22
I recall posting about a regional airline who was clearly in trouble with respect to fuel supplies.

I recall Tail Wheel chastising me :sad:......... questioning my accuracy.

I recall being shortly there after proven correct.;)

Where there is smoke there is usually a fire, but just be sure of how you are reading your smoke signals or TW's warnings could be accurate also :suspect:

gobbledock
3rd Oct 2011, 10:13
I recall Tail Wheel chastising me http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/puppy_dog_eyes.gif......... questioning my accuracy.He normally only does that when the lunar cycle apporaches the full moon phase and some of the posts become 'exciteable'. Besides, if you have never been 'told off' by tailwheel then you don't post enough.
He is a pussycat deep down:E

tail wheel
3rd Oct 2011, 11:54
If there is substance to the rumour the punters should be aware and cautious, in particular the staff.

But if the post is mere s--- stirring, those who propagate the rumour may be held accountable for any damages suffered by the company. :=

Tonight the Moon is in the first quarter....... :E

Jabawocky
3rd Oct 2011, 12:02
Mr G Dock,

I seem to outpost you 8:1, and old mate TW has only cracked me a couple times, clearly I need to try harder:E

And yes, I was sure, 100%, but if you are not His words are wise.

Now sh## stirring at TW ...... That's a sport no matter where the moon is :}

VBA Engineer
4th Oct 2011, 12:33
Stories coming through that their engineering staff are applying for jobs at Virgin.

No ****-stirring, just what we are hearing.

Bright Spark
4th Oct 2011, 12:56
Hey VBA that's odd 1/4 of the engineers at Strategic are ex Virgin, a couple of ex Jet*, ex sunnies, JHAS and some good ex RAAFies and I believe none of the LAMEs that have started with Strategic in the last 6 months have left. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good rumour.

Most companies I've worked with wait to the last minute to pay their bills, just because of the rumours, suppliers are giving Strategic less latitude. QF Group standard terms are end of the month +45 days, cobam 90 days from invoice, not sure about Virgin, I guess it depends on you reputation how far suppliers let you go.

VBA Engineer
5th Oct 2011, 09:00
I was talking of those "in the know", the technical engineers, not the mushrooms on the floor.

Higs
5th Oct 2011, 09:37
I dont work for Strategic, however I admire their spirit and get annoyed when people are looking for ways to put them down. I know several people working there and they love it!
I hope they gain financial momentum and respect from the industry, because it seems that there are always some people who are just plain nasty.

airdualbleedfault
5th Oct 2011, 09:48
Never heard of anyone applying for a job back at the old company, especially if that is a small company like VB :hmm:

Yes, I really admire the spirit of these companies and detest the negative nellies too, right up to the point when they go broke, close the doors and leave 100s of people jobless and penniless, like so many before them.

If they are having credit problems why shouldn't people know? The employer sure as hell won't tell them.

I have it on good authority 2 A330s have been " delayed ", make of that what you will

SRM
6th Oct 2011, 04:30
Its not a nice feeling when you here that the operator that you are working for, has trouble paying his bills.

My advice is take you money and run.

topend3
6th Oct 2011, 04:31
Not surprised, they don't have enough work for the current fleet let alone 2 x more A330's, along with a cast of thousands, managers for this and that...

fatbus
6th Oct 2011, 05:59
Could all this be because of the name change?

Al E. Vator
6th Oct 2011, 08:20
Could all of what?

Anonymous rumours bt the PPRune band of economic experts!

People's livelihoods and careers are at stake here.

I have no allegiance to Strategic but having been the victim as employee of opposition company-generated rumours that assisted in becoming reality I don't take kindly t such unsubstantiated comments.

Yes its a Rumour network but don't forget real people and their jobs are at stake here.

topend3
6th Oct 2011, 08:25
with all due respect people's opinions and comments on here arent going to make a difference as to an airline's existence..

Bright Spark
6th Oct 2011, 13:46
Topend3 is in the know - not enough work for their current fleet - what about the 2am charter to the Solomons on Monday night because that's the only time they could fit it in.
Or maybe they just like working in the middle of the night.
Bright.

Long Bay Mauler
12th Oct 2011, 11:16
Just heard that passengers flying Strategic out of Bali tonight have just been put on a bus back to the terminal from a friend on the aircraft.

No word yet whether it has gone tech or something else is afoot?

Anyone know whats going on?

Going Nowhere
12th Oct 2011, 12:37
A330 might have gone tits up in BNE this morning as the A320 did BNE-DPS via DRW today.

Maybe the A320 may have been full?

Busboy92
13th Oct 2011, 05:04
Ummmm....

Even a quick glance at their website would show that BNE to Bali is now 4 times a week. So with the same site showing the A330 busy on Phuket 4 times a week I would assume it can't fly 8 days a week, so maybe the A330 has been replaced by the A320.

One of my mates who got in recently said something about this starting soon. Must have started already. He's rapt 'cause he's gunna get multiple overnights in Bali on the 320 fleet. He said DRW was only going to be a 30 minute stop for gas. Pax stay on.

He also said the "big mystery" of the delay in DPS was blocked toilets. Engineers eventually cleared it up and they were away again. So sadly for the usual "nay-sayers", there was nothing "a-foot".

tourismman
13th Oct 2011, 08:50
Absolutely correct Busboy.They started 320's at beginning of October 4 times a week replacing the twice weekly 332.Up via DRW back non stop.

flying-spike
13th Oct 2011, 10:41
Yep definitely up against the wall. Having to fly empty aircraft around in order to make more money.....:ugh:

mention1
15th Oct 2011, 03:33
I heard a rumour that if Strategic want to hire any equipment from Qantas, its cash up front. Even something simple such as a Stand.