PDA

View Full Version : Work Experience

mfuller_uk
26th Jan 2002, 03:04
Hi all!!

I really would like to go into the avaition industry in a 'passenger facing role' e.g. terminal management. This is so that i can combine my love & fasination of aviation and my wanting to work with people and help them, ( as i get great job satisfaction from this, and i dont want to end up in a job where i just sit at a desk all day without any contact with real people.

I have applied for various retail management university degrees, i9ncluding loughborough air transport management program - which is the only of any crediblity that is specifically aimed at the job which i would love to go into.

However, I do not have any practical experince working for an airline, and therfore i have decided to apply to as many airlines as i can to try and get one of them to let me do one weeks work experince with them! But i do not know who to write to within the airlines so that my application will be read by the right people and taken seriously and hopefully end up egtting some replies.

Any help/advice would be much apprecitaed.

Michael Fuller. [email protected]

mjkukin2
26th Jan 2002, 17:55
i dont know about much about getting work experience for an ariline for a week or two but i i did get, when i was in my first year at college two weeks at BAe systems in woodford.i think my teatcher told me about 8 people apply for every work experience position and couldnt believe i got it.

for me it provided an insight into the mechanics and technical jargon to do with planes, i got to see work being done on there 146, nimrod and euro fighter. on the application form i was just honest about why i thought it would be of use to me qand why, my interests and hobbies etc...just be honest an make sure there are no spelling mistakes, thats one of the reasons many letters end up in there bin.