PDA

View Full Version : And another crash in Spain... 2xb212, one Danish Pilot dead

Aser
30th Sep 2011, 14:23
Pilot Dies in the crash of two helicopters fire in Albacete

The pilot is a Danish national and had extensive experience
The collision occurred in the air while collecting water
They worked to extinguish a fire in Albacete

IRIN - ALBACETE 30.09.2011 - 15:04h A pilot has died in the collision of two helicopters fire fighting service of Castilla-La Mancha who participated in extinguishing a fire in Bienservida, in the province of Albacete.
Sources for the office of the Government, Albacete firefighters and emergency service 112 of the Government of Castilla-La Mancha Efe reported this accident, which occurred about 13.40 hours.
The accident occurred when two helicopters came to carry water in a reservoir Bienservida, where he tried to quell a fire that alerted 13.06 hours.
The deceased is a Danish pilot with extensive experience, identified as Leo Jenssen, according to sources from the Ministry of Agriculture consulted by Efe, who have pointed out that the other driver was unharmed.
The two helicopters, owned by and leased from Air In the fire service, are grazed in the loading and have fallen into the reservoir, located in an area known as Los Castellares in the Sierra de Alcaraz.

Google Traductor (http://translate.google.es/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rtve.es%2Fnoticias%2F20110930%2Fmuere-piloto-choque-dos-helicopteros-antiincendios-albacete%2F465329.shtml&act=url)

R.I.P. :(

Furia
30th Sep 2011, 14:36
Another one :{:{:{:{

Rest in peace

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

GNDrejected
30th Sep 2011, 16:15
Hope some more news will come up shortly upon the details of the accident. Poor guy, may your soul rest in peace.

xtremalsound
30th Sep 2011, 17:24
They are two Bell 212 inaer's Helicopters.

They stroke when they were taking water on a lake.

RVDT
30th Sep 2011, 17:54
RIP Big Leo - :(

First flew with him in Spain 20 years ago - surprised to hear he was still at it.

Extensive experience No doubt.

30th Sep 2011, 20:40
Surely it only takes one radio call on a common frequency to de-conflict when they are both using the same reservoir?

Aser
30th Sep 2011, 20:48
It isn't the first time, few years ago a b412 put the bucket on top a 205 hovering in the reservoir... :ugh:

xtremalsound
1st Oct 2011, 08:46
Aser few years ago a b412 put the bambi over other B412 in granada. I think you have wrotten about this accident.

Regards

LATINWING
2nd Oct 2011, 00:36
Leo, mi viejo amigo,...I will always remember you. How sad to ear such a news, why one and not another? Only the big boss know. We flew you and me togheter in lots of places on this planet and we did enjoy it. Enjoy where ever you are now and from your altitude have a look at us sometimes to assist us in our flying like you always did. Love you old friend,....