TO BE MENTIONED
APPLICATION NOTICE
IHQ/11/0643 Tucker v The Commissioner of Police & ors

one2go
30th Sep 2011, 17:37
Unite lost.

Hotel Mode
30th Sep 2011, 19:08
It was an application to reveal the real names, addresses etc for the 'anonymous' names on the BASSA forum that posted material relating to the claimant.

And yes Unite lost. So legal claims and internal disciplinaries can commence.

JUAN TRIPP
1st Oct 2011, 09:52
Yes it seems the judge decided that 42 'anonymous' posters will have their real ID's revealed. This could get very interesting for them. Well done to the captain involved.:ok:

hunterboy
1st Oct 2011, 10:10
I think we could all do well to remember that there is no such thing as anonymous on the Internet.

LD12986
1st Oct 2011, 12:45
This is an update from Captain Patel's blog (for some reason the link won't post properly):

On the 30th September 2011 at the Royal Courts of Justice, Lindbolm J ordered the disclosure of 42 pseudonym identities of BASSA members posting on the BASSA forum. This is to include the full names, contact addresses, ip addresses of these users. Unite have until 14th October to comply.

These identities were granted under the Norwich Pharmacal line of authorities and in keeping with established jurisprudence these identities may be used for any purpose, including legal proceedings and/or internal disciplinary proceedings against individuals. Unite accepted this point in court and acknowledged 3 authorities in common law exist with respect to obtaining justice through employer's disciplinary processes.

Unite did not oppose the application and remained neutral throughout.

I understand the full judgement is available to the public. I do not believe there is any right of appeal for a court order.

I hope the above dispels the false information and propaganda that is currently circulating on discussion forums with respect to yesterday's court order.

This is just the beginning of my journey to find justice and recover my professional reputation, so donations to my fund are welcome and are very gratefully received.

As always, I remain available to negotiate a settlement with Unite and/or its branch BASSA on these matters.

Manish Patel 1st October 2011

beamer
1st Oct 2011, 18:01
Is that the Manny Patel that used to be on 24 Sqn ?

BASSAwitch
1st Oct 2011, 19:22
Logged on to hear the great news, well done Sir!

Now perhaps the imbecciles in BASSA, not just the reps, will see the error of their ways. The line in bold is the most telling though, the mark of a true gentleman and honourable to a fault.

Are BASSAmentalists feeling stupid yet, or has this just gone over their heads? Dunc sold you a pup and now you lot are going to pay for it.

Update 30 September 2011 Patel v Unite Interim application
On the 30th September 2011 at the Royal Courts of Justice, Lindblom J ordered the disclosure of 42 pseudonym identities of BASSA members posting on the BASSA forum. This is to include the full names, contact addresses, ip addresses of these users. Unite have until 14th October to comply.

These identities were granted under the Norwich Pharmacal line of authorities and in keeping with established jurisprudence these identities may be used for a wide range of purposes including legal proceedings and/or internal disciplinary proceedings against individuals. Unite accepted this point in court and acknowledged at least 3 authorities in common law exist with respect to obtaining justice through employer's disciplinary processes.

Unite did not oppose the application and remained neutral throughout.

I understand the full judgement is available to the public. I do not believe there is any right of appeal for a court order.

I hope the above dispels the false information and propaganda that is currently circulating on discussion forums with respect to yesterday's court order. I reserve fully all my legal rights with respect to these identities.

This is just the beginning of my journey to find justice and recover my professional reputation, so donations to my fund are welcome and are very gratefully received.

As always, I remain available to negotiate a settlement with Unite and/or its branch BASSA on these matters.

Manish Patel 1st October 2011

If you want to know where to donate, just google "legalactionvbassa" and it comes up number 1 in the search!

Dawdler
3rd Oct 2011, 10:52
Unite's attitude in not opposing the application is revealling. Considering that the Gen Sec of BASSA had previously said that they would have to pull out his fingernails or some such torture before he would reveal any personal info of posters on their forum. It seems wiser heads are now being used rather than the discredited execs of BASSA.

I wonder what spin BASSA will put on this, preliminary judgement?

I have just checked the Amicus website and on their home page they STILL have WW depicted as a red eye monster.

. FRONT PAGE HOME PAGE (http://uniteba.com/)

vctenderness
3rd Oct 2011, 15:38
Unite Cabin Crew at BA is no more!

I dont think that anyone with the expertise or passwords to change the website is still a Rep.

CC Forum Moderators
5th Oct 2011, 15:22

Due to the ongoing legal action between parties, comments on this live case will not be accepted.

CC Forum Moderators