PDA

View Full Version : Blocked hotmal, how to contact Custtomer Support ?

TZ350
29th Sep 2011, 17:48
Can anyone please offer any suggestions how to contact Customer Support at Hotmail when the pages that one is supposed to use do sweet FA ? I cant access the alternate account as I've forgotten the password ( never used in 6+ years ) Copies below............when I hit " Submit " , the page page returns blank . All the " Help " !!?? links don't cater for this eventuality .I hate :mad: Microscum, bunch of :mad: !!!

[ Where should we send your verification code?
Here's the contact information we have for you.
Contact Support (http://g.live.com/9uxp9cdp/cdp-en-US) ]

[ Recover your Windows Live account

Help us to make sure that this is you. To recover your account, enter as much information as you can.

Account information

First Name:

Last Name:

Birth date: Month Day

Country/region:Territory

State: Select one

ZIP code:

The secret answer to your question: Father's middle name?

Which passwords have you used for this account? (Enter one password per text box.): Hotmail information

What was the subject line of some of the email messages you've recently sent? (Enter one subject line per text box.):

Name some of the folders you've created. Don't use default folders such as Junk, Drafts, and Sent. (Enter one folder name per text box.):

What are the email addresses of some of the contacts you've recently sent mail to? (Enter one email address per text box.): Billing information

Last five digits of the Xbox LIVE or Zune pre-paid card number:

Name as it appears on credit card:

Last four digits of the credit card number:

Credit card expiration date: Month / Year

This isn't case sensitive

Submit ]

hellsbrink
29th Sep 2011, 19:39
Let me get this straight.

You forgot your Hotmail password, and then forgot/don't use the alternative email address and NEVER UPDATED YOUR HOTMAIL DETAILS.

Yet, somehow, this is Hotmail and Microsoft's fault..............

(And I dunno where you're getting all these "questions" from, especially credit card details, since I just did a "forgot password" click and got something completely different. I suggest you turn off your computer now, then either get someone competent to scan it for viruses or destroy it because if you cannot check or update your details when you KNOW something has changed, or don't know that your computer has been infected..........)

TZ350
29th Sep 2011, 19:59
I didn't forget my password on the account that is always logged in (last used this morning ), I got the " resign in " message, entered the password, then got the following;

Your account has been blocked
Why are you seeing this?
Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages (or something else that violates the Windows Live Terms of Service).
We're here to help you get your account back.
What do you need to do?
We'll walk you through a few steps to verify that you own the account, then have you change your password in case someone else has been accessing your account. It should only take a few minutes and then you'll be unblocked and on your way.
We've cleaned your account settings
Often customers get here because someone else has access to your account and are using it without your knowledge to send spam. To protect you and your contacts, we've removed any Hotmail auto-replies or linked accounts you may have had.

Next page ;

Where should we send your verification code?
Contact Support (http://g.live.com/9uxp9cdp/cdp-en-US)
( my old alternative address)

(Send code) ( I already have a code)

Then the question pages which do not send ........................The alternative email address is the one I lost the PW for . I am trying to " Contact Support " which is the message I received.

Parapunter
29th Sep 2011, 20:00
Now for something helpful.:)

Hotmail Account Recovery - YouTube

TZ350
29th Sep 2011, 21:23
Thanks Parapunter, but the video is only applicable if one can access the alternative email address. There is an alternative means , via Customer Support , but that is what I'm having the trouble with, it won't upload.........:confused:

mixture
29th Sep 2011, 22:13
Have you tried here ?

https://support.live.com

Load Toad
29th Sep 2011, 23:57
Two days ago Strife got exactly the same message ...Your account has been blocked
Why are you seeing this?
Someone may have used....'

Fortunately she had the alternate email address - but this message showed up after she'd logged off at her home computer and less than 30 minutes later tried to log in from another computer.
Relogging in it seemed that some mails had been lost yet logging in later in the day - all the mails were back again.

Weird internets.

TZ350
30th Sep 2011, 15:16
Many thanks for your replies gentlemen, fortunately I managed to upload the support pages this morning after several attempts and have received confirmation from Microscum that it has been received.

Previously I tried Parapunters link again, somehow managed to start a PW change, until it rejected the answer to the secret question .............which was my fathers ( one ) middle name !!

On Tuesday I was forwarding a message ( from a regular, bi weekly contact, cleared through the hotmail filters..........) to my gmail a/c, as it's actually possible to open normally there, when I get this message ;

Error when you try to send an e-mail: Your message seems to have triggered our junk e-mail filters.

This solution article will give information to users who are experiencing an error message indicating their message is blocked as our junk filters found something suspicious.

Symptoms:
Customers will experience one of the following message when sending a mail:
"Your message seems to have triggered our junk e-mail filters. You can send it, but first please verify your account."
"Your message seems to have triggered our junk e-mail filters. Could you edit your message and try again? Learn more."

The next day I forwarded another message from the same contact no problem. Being a cynical bastard, I find suspicious one of the suggested " fixes is ;

* Upgrade to a paid account, click here (http://www.gowindowslive.com/hotmailplus/en-us/default.aspx) to know more.

All these MS problems have happened with my new Windows 7 / Acer set up,
my old unit with XP 2000/Firefox never had any problems. With the Acer/Firefox, browsing is much quicker.........except Hotmail. It wouldn't surprise me if the bastards have " bugs " designed to cause inconvience, thus an inducement to upgrade to a paid account. Time to download all hotmail to a USB and f**k it off.

Mike-Bracknell
30th Sep 2011, 15:53
If you knew what happened behind the scenes with spam filtering and service delivery, you might think twice about shouting at a service that's ostensibly FREE to you.

glad rag
30th Sep 2011, 19:00
I had the same happen to me, what, about a year ago.

To cut a LONG story short I lost a LOT of stuff that was a total pain. I have lost contact with some German mates that I can't find, ho hum, they ain't interested.

Good luck OP.

TZ350
30th Sep 2011, 22:10
[ If you knew what happened behind the scenes with spam filtering and service delivery, you might think twice about shouting at a service that's ostensibly FREE to you.]

I received an automated reply today ;

Unfortunately, we could not verify your ownership of ******************* using the information you provided. Your account recovery request with issue number 22************* has been closed.

The information I supplied was ( is ) correct. They rely on an automated system ( that's created the problem ..) to check itself ?? :ugh: I have found a way to message direct ( or as direct as is possible...) and have sent a concise summary of the problem , supposedly to a " human "..............:rolleyes:

I have zero compunction about bitching over their service, or rather, the lack thereof.

mixture
1st Oct 2011, 08:30
TZ350,

I trust you read the Terms & Conditions applicable to your use of the service.

Particularly clause 11 (their bold) :

We may cancel or suspend your service and your access to the Windows Live ID network at any time without notice and for any reason. Our reasons for cancellation may include that we stop providing the service in your region or that you breach this contract, fail to sign in to the Windows Live ID network during a 90-day period, or don't pay fees that you owe to us or to our agents. If your service is canceled, your right to use the service stops immediately.

glad rag
1st Oct 2011, 11:19
So?

They are a bunch of prime muppets, have NO customer service ethos and basically don't give a fig [and may, MAY, be more interested in "trimming" than actually reinstating a service] and despite my many polite entreaties, really DGaF.

But it's microsoft so hey ho.

Capetonian
1st Oct 2011, 11:28
I've been following this with interest. I wonder why we think we have a right to 'customer service' from an organisation whose facilities we use free. On the other hand, if they provide them, they must do so for some reason, whatever that may be, and it must be in their interest to make sure that they do not piss customers off.

I have Hotmail and Gmail accounts, but I do not expect much of them and I do not regard them as 'forever' or reliable, so I only use them for unimportant stuff. My main email accounts are ones I pay for, and there I feel I have a right to demand a level of service, and in fact when things have gone wrong, I've found the level of customer service to be outstanding, from their Indian call centres.

TZ350
1st Oct 2011, 17:05
Glad rag, this may be of interest to you ;

Hotmail customer service complaints, reviews, ratings and comments (http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Hotmail) re " TRUSTe."

Anyone who thinks I'm being an a'hole should also read it . It's somewhat akin to the
" pythonseque " stories in the

http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/465092-banks-yet-again.html

but you are dealing with mo:mad:f:mad:rs hiding behind an electronic wall,
pre-programmed to deliver the same speel every time, and no chance of resolving the issue. The prevalence of the same problem I am experiencing is staggering.
When their system rejects my fathers middle name as incorrect, and blocks sending a messages, as " junk", that it allowed into my inbox, you know their system is f**ked up.

Load Toad
3rd Oct 2011, 08:11
Well Hotmail has just played the trick on me & I have a paid for account.

Says my account has been blocked: Your account has been blocked
Why are you seeing this?
Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages (or something else that violates the Windows Live Terms of Service).
We're here to help you get your account back.
What do you need to do?
We'll walk you through a few steps to verify that you own the account, then have you change your password in case someone else has been accessing your account. It should only take a few minutes and then you'll be unblocked and on your way.
We've cleaned your account settings
Often customers get here because someone else has access to your account and are using it without your knowledge to send spam. To protect you and your contacts, we've removed any Hotmail auto-replies or linked accounts you may have had.

Then it says this:Where should we send your verification code?
Contact Support

I already have a code

So I ask it to send to my alternate address and.... I've yet to receive a code.

I've contacted them via Twit ter and through the Feedback form on their site.

The account was logged on btw - I didn't use it for about 15 minutes & when I returned to it it told me I'd been logged out because I'd been away for so long.

TZ350
3rd Oct 2011, 18:52
Load Toad, I have just contacted the TRUSTe site today, have received confirmation of my complaint. Read the other link to get an idea what you are in for...............

I've made a record of all communication with Microscum to give to TRUST. These
MS m:mad:ers are out of control . The battle begins............

Load Toad
3rd Oct 2011, 22:44
Right - well - still blocked & no response to my various attempts to get an authorisation code or to contact them - is there any phone number I can use because I can't find one...?

Load Toad
3rd Oct 2011, 23:56
Weird.

I set another Hotmail account (rather than the non Hotmail account I was using) as the 'Alternate account'. Then pretended I'd forgotten my password, filled in the form for validating the account I was blocked from and then got the authorisation link sent to the new Hotmail account & then followed the link to 'Change Password'.

Simples!