PDA

View Full Version : It is going to be a great day by Jingo!

Cacophonix
29th Sep 2011, 07:57
Given the outbreak of nihilism and general despondency that seems to be effecting the world and that has its indications here on JB (vide the plethora of the "we are all doomed" threads), I thought I might suggest an antidote...

So from my point of view it is going to be a great day by Jingo because:

The sun is shining
It is going to 27 Celsius
I am alive
I am on leave
Free to lunch and even have a tipple without a by your leave...

What is going to make your day a good one today?

Caco

Yh1mMjsPGjo

sitigeltfel
29th Sep 2011, 08:27
I am alive

That is usually a good start.

Off to visit Les Baux-de-Provence, now that the tourist hordes have departed.

tony draper
29th Sep 2011, 08:51
One has oft noted this is a totally different country peopled by a different race when the Sun shines,urchins are patted on the head rather than being threatened with waved walking sticks,dogs wander abroad unkicked, people go about with smiles on there faces,it cannot last/
:)

Cacophonix
29th Sep 2011, 08:58
One has oft noted this is a totally different country peopled by a different race when the Sun shines,urchins are patted on the head rather than being threatened with waved walking sticks,dogs wander abroad unkicked, people go about with smiles on there faces,it cannot last/

Well put Mr D.

In addition one has oft noted that within a day of hot weather, many white bodies, some without shirts on, besmirch this green and pleasant landscape and much cider is imbibed in alfresco style.

One the second day of heat, the British become fractious.

Push it to a third day and the murder rate goes up!

Fortunately it generally rains well before the crisis and the natives return to their miserable morose selves which is as it should be! ;)

Caco

Fliegenmong
29th Sep 2011, 09:40
I had a good day....second last before leave, and tomorrow (Fri) is free/casual dress day.

Today was spent at a crew hotel in a seminar room, listening to people talk Eco Sustainable BS, I threw a few awkward Q's to the assembled Fluffy types:D, and enjoyed some damn fine sandwiches for lunch (Those really good tiny triple decker crustless triangle ones) :ok: We were done and in the pub by 15:10. :}

Came home, did the housework, (Nice and clean & Fresh) and sit here now typing this enjoying a glass of vino.

Mrs Fliegs and I will walk down to the local Italian after this for a seafood pizza dinner, and yeah....life sure is good!

McGoonagall
29th Sep 2011, 09:50
Also on leave today. After a substantial breakfast I shall be pottering down to the St. Albans Beer Festival (http://www.hertsale.org.uk/beerfest/). 'Twas good last year.

sisemen
29th Sep 2011, 09:54
peopled by a different race when the Sun shines

Must be why we're a happy breed in WA

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/allan907/P3050003.jpg

Alloa Akbar
29th Sep 2011, 14:22
If I may be so bold as to offer a differing opinion, actually today is the worst day of my 43 year life so far.

:ouch:

Vercingetorix
29th Sep 2011, 14:27
Alloa Akbar
Aw, that's sad, but as my chum Jalal says; "That's the life'.
:ok:

axefurabz
29th Sep 2011, 14:35
What is going to make your day a good one today?Well, I'm in the middle of some redecoration and now have to wait 16 hours for the paint to dry. That takes me into tomorrow so now I think chilled wine beckons ....:)

er340790
29th Sep 2011, 14:38
"Have you ever wondered what it's all about? What it's all for? Life?"

"Beats me. Stuck with it, I suppose."

(Basil Fawlty)

:D :D :D :D :D

Storminnorm
29th Sep 2011, 15:02
As the Big Boss once said. "Go forth and multiply."

MadsDad
29th Sep 2011, 15:12
I am aliveAs I have observed before in Blues music the songs often start 'Woke up this morning'.

In that statement there is a distinct implication of being in the state mentioned by Mr. Caco. in post 1 of this thread.

And which is distinctly better than the alternative of "Didn't wake up this morning".

(At a minimum that would mean I would have missed my 11 o'clock nap).

Lyman
29th Sep 2011, 15:13
Working on the boat, dreaming of sailing to the islands. Sunny Cali, and no rain til next week.

:ok:

Storminnorm
29th Sep 2011, 15:18
I really MUST buy another boat.
Only problem is finding somewhere to park it.

hellsbrink
29th Sep 2011, 18:05
What is going to make your day a good one today?

I didn't know it until on the way to work, but a colleague (he's only 20) said something, which involves a female neighbour and the fact that he "doesn't understand the signals she's giving out" when it couldn't be clearer if she had a big neon sign above her head saying "I WANT YOU NOW!!!", that had us ripping him all day.

Add in the good weather, even when you're working inside, a laugh a minute with the others working with you, a VERY nice "stagiaire" with whom I spent some time chatting to this afternoon, and, well, I guess it was just a normal day at work!

Well, apart from trying to rip my leg open, leaving a 4" 'scratch' just below the left knee, and realising that keeping your hand away from a 10mm drill bit that could slip is *maybe* a good idea. Still laughed about it though, crap happens, etc, and no real damage was done so still a good day.

PS. The boss filled the fridge at work up with more beer so we can have a "relaxer" after work. Always a good thing!!

Cacophonix
29th Sep 2011, 21:57
I have just bumbled home and I thought of my Dad and a Canack Sabre.

He hated the Chinese and you know, so do I.

Caco