PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair B737 BHX - FAO

mattjwood
28th Sep 2011, 15:52
Hello all,

I will be making the trip from BHX to FAO next Thursday with Ryanair (£25 return! ).

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me if the extra legroom seats have windows? I believe the extra legroom seats to be rows:

1 ABC
2 DEF
17 / 18 ABC DEF.

I have paid for priority boarding so I hope to get an extra legroom seat, however if there is no window, then I will give it a miss, as window is more important!!

Also, would I be right in thinking the left hand side of the Aircraft would be best to sit for views whilst in the air, or not?

Thanks again!!!!

Matt :ok:

Johnny F@rt Pants
28th Sep 2011, 16:00
If they're anything like our 800's then all those seats have windows.

Which side to sit on, if I were going to FAO and was at all interested in looking out of the window then, to be honest I wouldn't mind which side. There'll be views both sides, so it depends on what you are wanting to maybe see. Channel Islands, Bay of Biscay coast, and north coast of Spain towards Asturias then sit on the left, For Bristol Channel, South Wales coast, Cornwall, North Coast Spain towards Santiago and the West coast of Portugal then sit on the right. Up to you I suppose, and all depends on which routing is flown on the day.

Hotel Tango
28th Sep 2011, 18:48
Actually, immediately in front of the wing there is an almost windowless row (look at pictures of a B737-800). The row number will depend on individual operators' configuration. At a guess it could be around row 10 or 11. Notice that the spacing between the two emergency exits is wider too. Rows 1,2,17 and 18 should be fine. If you're flying early morning sit on the right. Late afternoon sit on the left. That way you won't be looking into the Sun.

mattjwood
28th Sep 2011, 19:41
Thanks for the swift replies guys!

Its a 1215pm flight so I suppose it would not be an issue this time of day which side gets the least sun? Nothing worse than the sun beaming straight into your eyes!

Would be interested to know exactly the Ryanair configeration so I could dash right there! Its my first time with Ryanair and I hear its a big rush to get onto the Aircraft due to people wanting the best seats!!!

Bit apprehensive, I suppose its because I have only paid a small amount for the flight, but I am sure it will be an enjoyable experience!!

Matt

Hotel Tango
28th Sep 2011, 21:53
Try this:

SeatGuru Seat Map Ryanair Boeing 737-800 (738) (http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ryanair/Ryanair_Boeing_737-800.php)

It does not however indicate the windowless row. It's probably row 12 or 14 (there's no 13). It doesn't really matter because it's not as if you will get your seat allocated. Seatguru does indicate the seats with extra legroom. They're the ones that fellow pax will tread all over you to get to first! Enjoy your cheap RYR experience. They're fine as long as you don't mind being treated like cattle. ;)

sickofitall
1st Oct 2011, 18:27
Rows 17/18 are over the wings so you wont see much from there

mattjwood
2nd Oct 2011, 06:00
Thanks for the replies so far!

I dont mind being treated like cattle for a few hours.... do you think the flight will be full anyway? I have a feeling its going to be half empty.

Thanks for the tip sickofitall.

Matt

Coquelet
2nd Oct 2011, 18:36
Birmingham - Faro is roughly North-South.
Thus, in the morning, the sun being in the East, ie on the left, you'd better take a seat on the right of the aircraft (seat F).
A seat A would be better in the afternoon.

mattjwood
5th Oct 2011, 06:39
Thanks for the replies guys!

Can anyone who works for Ryanair tell me if this flight is likely to be full tomorrow? Dont want to be treated like cattle!!! :=

Thanks

Matt

Mike Tee
5th Oct 2011, 09:05
Come on Matt, for £25 what do you expect. At that price you couldn't complain even if they pushed you in two to a seat. By the way we have travelled Ryanair many times and always manage to get the overwing "legroom" seats. And we don't ever have priority boarding. But we can run fairly fast !!. I,d say the majority of "Priority" boarders just want to ensure they are seated together with their friends and family. I have seen passengers grab those seats then quickly vacate them when the cabin attendents ask them if they are prepared to help the crew in an emergency.

WallyWumpus
5th Oct 2011, 16:13
RYR emergency exit rows are 16/17. Great views of the top of the wing.

mattjwood
6th Oct 2011, 07:11
Mike Tee, yeh your right I suppose!!

I will head straight to rows 16/17 then! I dont mind getting my hands dirty in an emergency!!!

Off to the Airport in a bit, your replies have been very helpful!!!!

Thanks

Matt