LHR - MAN - current up to 4 daily drops to 3 daily weekends

LHR - EDI - current up to 8 daily drops to 6 daily weekdays
LHR - EDI - current up to 7 daily drops to 4 daily weekends

Little Blue
28th Sep 2011, 12:32
Echoes of GLA ..........:rolleyes:

scotsunflyer
28th Sep 2011, 12:50
Same amount of seats available for this winter as summer. Less availability during the week, but much more avaialble at weekend.

More seats available than last winter

Skipness One Echo
28th Sep 2011, 12:51
Last flights on a Sat are early afternoon so not handy for connections at all.

jabird
28th Sep 2011, 14:04
How much doubling up is there on other domestic sectors from London Airports? Nothing from STN or LTN. LCY to EDI, and LGW to EDI, GLA & ABZ?

Does the market still need two players on LHR > domestic UK? If BD are just putting bums on other airlines' seats, why bother? Point to point to MAN has all but been lost to rail.

frontcheck
28th Sep 2011, 17:06
A number of the summer flights were slot fillers so no big surprise they are gone for winter.
It is easy to fill seats but much harder to make a profit especially with the high costs involved in operating to LHR.

OltonPete
28th Sep 2011, 17:32
Talk about slow, this has been in GDS for absolutely ages. I didn't post it
as I didn't realise it was any different to any other winter or at least it
didn't seem very different.

If scotsunflyer is correct re the compare with last winter and this doesn't free up any 145's where is the EMA-FRA aircraft coming from or is there one or two spare at present?

I have just checked the whole 145 fleet on data.flight24.com and although some are not that busy in the middle of the day it does not look as if they have a spare unless they use the ex flybe ones. Two of the ex BE ones have not flown for two weeks, yet they are not showing as having left the fleet per Jethro's.

Pete

scotsunflyer
28th Sep 2011, 17:43
Last winter was mostly E45 jets at weekend. This winter it is all Airbuses

Skipness One Echo
28th Sep 2011, 20:38
LGW-GLA/EDI have both BA and EZY with ABZ having BE and EZY. Also LCY-EDI has CityJet and BA....

adfly
28th Sep 2011, 21:52
And dosen't LGW-INV have flybe and Easy too?