PDA

View Full Version : Defence Chiefs' warning to Government

Finningley Boy
28th Sep 2011, 11:28
Boost UK defence spending or lose the Falklands, warn military grandees | UK news | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/sep/27/boost-defence-spending-lose-falklands)

On the link to this article there is also an astonishingly contemptious editorial by Simon Jenkins, his article; "Defence Budget? I prefer to call it expensive showing off".

FB:)

aw ditor
28th Sep 2011, 12:07
I believe it was the "Independent" who suggested that Sir Simon' should be preserved by the National Trust. Stuffed?

Red Line Entry
28th Sep 2011, 12:23
It is sad when this level of vacuous nonsense passes for analysis in a supposedly serious broadsheet.

MG
28th Sep 2011, 12:59
Boost UK defence spending or lose the Falklands, warn military grandees. Report by ex-armed forces chiefs call for 50% rise in military spending to offset potential threats

Clever use of headlines, suggesting that it's the current service chiefs who are making waves.

jamesdevice
28th Sep 2011, 13:01
but they would if they could but they can't so they don't

Bismark
28th Sep 2011, 13:34
Pity the reporter managed to turn Blackham into Blackburn halfway through the article.

Prangster
28th Sep 2011, 16:47
Gawd elp us. Daft beggar wouldn't recognise a Beverley if it taxied up his drive

cazatou
28th Sep 2011, 19:16
Prangster

I doubt he would - but then the Beverley went out of service in 1967!!

I always remembered the story of the USAF Pilot looking at one at an Air Display for a considerable time and eventually he turned to an RAF Pilot and said "Well, I' ve figured out which way it flies - BUT HOW THE **** DO YOU GET THAT UNDERCARRIAGE UP?