PDA

View Full Version : E-mailing images no file attachments

ILS32
27th Sep 2011, 19:12
I use Outlook Express for my e-mails.If I want to send an image or photo I find it on my hard drive and send it as a attachment.Easy todo and no problems.
What I really want to do is send them not as an attachment but with the image or photo in the main body of the e-mail.So who ever receives the e-mail can see the image/photo without having to click on the attached file to open it.I have been told you can go to the bottom of the new e-mail and click on source, and change something to allow the image to automatically place itself into the body of the e-mail.I know one of you will understand what I am trying to do. I really would appreciate some help in this matter.

ILS32

Spurlash2
27th Sep 2011, 19:55
It's all about Inserting, as opposed to Attaching.

Link HERE (http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpressrichedit/qt/Insert_an_Image_Inline_with_Windows_Live_Mail_Outlook_Expr.h tm).

ILS32
27th Sep 2011, 23:47
Thanks Spurlash2
Your link was just what I wanted.I did not realize how versatile OE was.
I have had a play with other options and found some useful extras ie backgrounds and audio files.I have given myself a B+ and hope progress to an A- with further use of the contents index.Should have looked there first.Pprune never lets you down.

ILS32