PDA

View Full Version : charter operations

bayblade
27th Sep 2011, 17:39
hi,

I'd like to know how does one start flying for charter companies and what is the scope for a fresher with merely 270hrs.
i am waiting for my Indian cpl (getting it converted from US cpl), so in the meantime i intent to start studying for the technical specific for perhaps C-90 or B-200, which again is another issue!

i am based in Mumbai but i have found most of these charter companies are located in Delhi, i would not mind shifting but is there any preference given to locals by the companies?

One of you guys suggested Religare that provides training for C-90, but do these charter companies even hire you after training if they find you appropriate by the standards?

I'll appreciate your inputs, thanks in advance.

Johny Boy
27th Sep 2011, 22:40
One of you guys suggested Religare that provides training for C-90, but do these charter companies even hire you after training if they find you appropriate by the standards?

Doing 737 or 320 rating means getting preference over other while applying for job at Boeing or Airbus ?

Nothing works like that ...and more over merely doing a type wont help you in any Charter company as all either want atleast 500 hours on type or they require you to do min of 100 hours with them( Guess who will pay for those 100 hours....) and if you still find yourself eligible then be prepared to visit local airport daily in hope of flying....barely 40 hours( If you get that much then consider yourself blessed ) are done per month in Delhi based Charters for freshers same goes for other city based operators too.

bayblade
28th Sep 2011, 05:48
@johny boy,
thanks for the reply. i did not know about the bare minimum requirements, but then again how do people (freshers) manage to get a job in these companies ?
i don't think all can afford to pay for 500 hrs on the type.

i was told at my flight school that all young pilots just want to target airlines, instead one should start by flying for charters and since flying for charters means you have to make your own flight plans, file them, study the weather, refuel the plane and all the other duties which are generally not performed by the pilot who is flying for airlines, make you more capable and reliable as a pilot.
:ouch::ouch::ouch:
what other options are left for freshers apart from trying with airlines?!

mach5
28th Sep 2011, 14:18
Yes fresh chaps do get into charters but you need a JACK for that ;) ;)