PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Flight

karroo
27th Sep 2011, 10:58
Hi!!!

I have just finished watching " the art of flight" movie/doc. Really nice pictures there.
Have you seen the movie? Any comments about the places and flying?

Cheers

PS if this subject was already posted, sorry but I couldn't find it

kh29_SERH0Y

311kph
27th Sep 2011, 14:18
Any comments about the places and flying

GREAT places, GREAT flying!!!
Particularly liked the part with icing on top of that ridge.
Makes you question your knowledge of aerodynamic and aerofoils...

http://www.superchiefmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Screen-shot-2011-02-17-at-4.28.51-PM.png

PS. Maybe admin should delete this topic, I further expect some protests because in the movie they flew within 500' of a penguin, or somethin' like that!

Aubrey.
28th Sep 2011, 20:17
A very good watch, stunning scenery and some impressive flying of both fixed wing and helicopters, often in harsh, very high and very cold conditions. It's very well filmed the photography is excellent, some of the slow-motion shots are breathtaking. Best viewed in HD :ok:

helidan30
2nd Oct 2011, 19:04
Try googling Brainfarm Cinema that's the guys who put together "The Art of Flight" and have a look at their show reel it's awesome, their other film "that's it that's all" is epic as well

John Eacott
17th Jul 2014, 12:00
llb1pjUi-Cg

Stunning flying to achieve this end result

rzjpQF0_55A

Fat Magpie
17th Jul 2014, 12:29
Thats nice

But for me Red Bull are the masters, have a look at this "the art of flight"

?v=kh29_SERH0Y

Its spectacular when watched on blue ray, and its cheap to buy !!

rigidkid
27th Jul 2014, 12:29
Thanks for sharing ... Really amazing stuff

MightyGem
29th Jul 2014, 20:55
Another vote for Art of Flight. Sit close to a 55 inch screen and good sound. Outstanding!

One35
30th Jul 2014, 12:08
With 'Art of Flight' Curt Morgan almost re-invented the extreme sports movie. Absolutely epic. Also worth looking up the 'making-of' documentary.

Have high hopes for the next Morgan /Travis Rice production...

Red Bull Announces Follow-Up To Travis Rice's 'Art Of Flight' - Transworld Business (http://business.transworld.net/147641/news/red-bull-announces-follow-up-to-travis-rice-art-of-flight/)

:)

pilot and apprentice
30th Jul 2014, 13:15
"what the f&*^ planet are you from?" I am 99% certain I know that guy! I was wrong, not him, but it sure made me reminisce :-) I have to watch to whole film to be sure. Sounds like Bob! I learned a lot from him LOL!

As an aside, in the silliness of our industry, on a VFR 61 job, he was crewed as copilot (13,000 on type) and me captain (400) because he lacked the instrument time....??