PDA

View Full Version : Arithmetical Balls

Fitter2
26th Sep 2011, 15:46
Ed Balls, on Radio 4 Today programme this morning, agreed it took time to overcome a reputation for fiscal incompetence, indeed it took 17 years from 1997 for the Tory party to regain theirs.

With arithmetic like that from a member of the one-eyed Scot's Treasury team, no wonder they got into budget trouble.

Cacophonix
26th Sep 2011, 15:53
And Ed had no balls at all! ;)

Caco

rmcb
26th Sep 2011, 15:55
Obviously, the one-eyed Scot had his eye on the ball, not the arithmetic.

Bunch of arse the lot of 'em.

Lon More
26th Sep 2011, 16:05
ndeed it took 17 years from 1997 for the Tory party to regain theirs

Maybe he has Crystal Balls? Present performance by the Tories and Cronies suggests they still have a long way to go.

Shack37
26th Sep 2011, 16:43
With a few more balls he could build his own abacus.

tony draper
26th Sep 2011, 16:46
A goggle eyed Barrow Boy thug mad as a shit house rat.:E

Capot
26th Sep 2011, 16:58
Funnily enough, I spent some time this morning reading up on the scheme for new businesses to have a NICS Holiday, ie, broadly speaking, to pay no company National Insurance Contribution for up to 10 employees for a year. This scheme came into force on 6th Sep 2010.

And then I heard at midday that Ed Balls is demanding that the Government should introduce a scheme to ease the NIC burden for new businesses.

Is it me, or is it Balls?

Shack37
26th Sep 2011, 17:04
And Ed had no balls at all! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

Ah...poor Yvette

Firestorm
26th Sep 2011, 19:21
The one eyed Scot,and Terry Scott: differences or similarities, discuss!

stuckgear
26th Sep 2011, 20:45
Ed Balls, on Radio 4 Today programme this morning

I had the fortune/misfortune to listen to the incredible bulsh!tting man on R4 this morning too..

... during the period of transmission, i was alternating between paroxysms of laughter and utter astonishment at the utter tripe he spouts.

Balls indeed.

G-CPTN
26th Sep 2011, 21:49
Regardless of (political) content, shouldn't senior (shadow) ministers be competent public speakers, rather than stumbling over their words?

Somehow the result was 'incoherent' - or was that the content?

Judge for yourself:-

pRkgvmzQwQs

SxPZ7CutI1Q

Vitesse
26th Sep 2011, 22:44
Nice to see I'm not the only one who finds Ed slightly detestable.

I have a horrible feeling he could be PM one day.

I find it easy to dislike most politicians. With Ed, the dislike comes easier.

Krystal n chips
27th Sep 2011, 06:51
" during the period of transmission, i was alternating between paroxysms of laughter "........presumably you are saving the vomit inducing convulsions for Gorgeous " what's plan B ? " George and Call me Dave next week then ?....just asking.....:E

" and utter astonishment at the utter tripe he spouts " .....best served with fried onions I understand.....:p

sitigeltfel
27th Sep 2011, 06:52
a reputation for fiscal incompetence

The one thing they truly excel at.

Flap 5
27th Sep 2011, 07:35
Interesting Dispatches programme on Tony Blair last night. Clearly to have the backgrounds that these Labour politicians have and their clearly very healthy bank balances they have to have a lot of gall, and even balls, to speak for the down trodden in society. The term 'two faced' comes to mind and seems particularly apt for them.

Cacophonix
27th Sep 2011, 07:57
The term 'two faced' comes to mind and seems particularly apt for them.

Ah so Balls does have two of something! :ok:

Caco

Carry0nLuggage
27th Sep 2011, 08:52
When Brown sold off UK gold reserves, wasn't it actually Balls' idea?

GANNET FAN
27th Sep 2011, 08:54
Mr.Draper, that's a brilliant description!!!

Curious Pax
27th Sep 2011, 09:17
Regardless of (political) content, shouldn't senior (shadow) ministers be competent public speakers, rather than stumbling over their words?

Somehow the result was 'incoherent' - or was that the content?

Leaving the content aside, Balls suffers from a stammer, which is why he is a patron of the British Stammering Association. As such he does pretty well to speak as well as he does.

Interesting Dispatches programme on Tony Blair last night. Clearly to have the backgrounds that these Labour politicians have and their clearly very healthy bank balances they have to have a lot of gall, and even balls, to speak for the down trodden in society. The term 'two faced' comes to mind and seems particularly apt for them.

Leaving aside the specific personalities, are you really saying that only the down trodden should speak for the down trodden? Politics would be an even more peculiar game if politicians were only allowed to address issues concerning people with similar bank balances!

Cacophonix
27th Sep 2011, 09:44
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Britain+Balls+National+Lottery+Photocall+TR0jeFfADNcl.jpg

Anybody spot the answer to Ed's conundrum in the numbers?

Caco

UniFoxOs
27th Sep 2011, 12:51
0017 +
-----

Is that when they are going to get it right then?

Blacksheep
27th Sep 2011, 13:43
When Brown sold off UK gold reserves, wasn't it actually Balls' idea?No, that was his friend, advisor and regular dinner guest who just happened to work for Goldman Sachs. The same Goldman Sachs that went short on gold a couple of days before Gormless Gordon's sell-off announcement. Cynical? Me? Perish the thought... :=

Flap 5
28th Sep 2011, 07:23
Leaving aside the specific personalities, are you really saying that only the down trodden should speak for the down trodden? Politics would be an even more peculiar game if politicians were only allowed to address issues concerning people with similar bank balances!

Ah! The 'rational' argument. You're not Tony Blair are you? Waffle on enough in a reasonable and rational way and you swallow up the the point in a mire of reasonableness just like TB does about the Iraq war. For example a classic TB quote: "We can have a debate about that on another occasion" - but never does.

Of course these politicians can address these issues. But they are hypocritical in doing so considering their own life styles and attitude to what they actually do in their own lives. So, no, don't leave aside the specific personalities. They are entirely relevant.