PDA

View Full Version : A quickie for all CPL holders who have just been inducted into various airlines...

AmateurAviatorAlways
26th Sep 2011, 14:36
Hi Friends!

Greetings...!!
I just wanted to know from all those CPL holders who just got induced into various indian airlines or the ones who are now trying to get their first airline job that when you are selected by an airline and go for the type rating then, is the TR self funded, or the respective airline sponsors it for their trainees?

For example say, I get into Air India or Jet Airways or whatsoever with a DGCA CPL. How would it go towards the TR? The whole process..

All sorts of information would be appreciated.
Thanks!

AAA

guitarboy
26th Sep 2011, 14:43
Its all Self Funded. For all Airlines in India.

AIR INDIA / INDIAN AIRLINES Sponsors your rating on a bond, but in the current scenario & situation of the Airline, I really don't know if and when they recruit next, if they'd sponsor or just ask for the Type Payment Upfront like other Airlines.

LieDetector
26th Sep 2011, 14:46
Jet : half upfront and half deducted from your salary
Indigo and spice : Entire amount upfront
Air India : Deducted from your salary

guitarboy
26th Sep 2011, 14:50
dude! Jet Airways Charges 15 Lakhs.

7.5 Before Starting Ground Classes.
7.5 After Passing the TRTO Exam and Before going for the TYPE!

Returns you 7.5 Lacks if you stay with airline for 5 Years!
No Pay Cut!

Pay is around 1.4 Lakhs (before tax) and youre on probation for 18 months!

vserian
26th Sep 2011, 16:02
Air India will pay and bond you. I ve never paid for type ratings, you will usually deposit a small amount which will be refundable in the future. Private airlines usually asks you to pay.

AmateurAviatorAlways
26th Sep 2011, 18:48
thanks all of you for quick replies:D

@vserian:
hey dude do you think Air India is going to hire IGRUAns as it has done until now?

vserian
27th Sep 2011, 17:50
I dont know about that buddy