PDA

View Full Version : IMSIREG.dll??

Cornish Jack
23rd Sep 2011, 21:01
Found an old magazine 'freebie' version of Turbocad. Ran the install sequence and it indicated correct installation. Double-clicked the shortcut and gat a message that the program wouldn't open because it couldn't locate IMSIREG.dll. (Turbocad is an IMSI program) Did a Google search and got hordes of hits about viruses and downloadable software to remove the virus. All seems VERY odd. I would have thought this was simply a missing .dll - or have I really been infected?
Any suggestions, please?
TIA

le Pingouin
24th Sep 2011, 04:27
Sounds more like the DLL hasn't been installed or isn't where the program expects.

If the program had been working & suddenly stopped then you might worry about infection.

green granite
24th Sep 2011, 06:38
It's the dll that is created when you feed in the correct password, or something similar, if it's a program from a cover disc there may be a specific way to install it, or go on line to a specific page to activate it. The magazine would have told you, alternatively are there any "read me" files on the disc?

Cornish Jack
24th Sep 2011, 11:04
Thank you, both.
Le P - No, it didn't stop - it just won't open, after an apparently correct install.
gg - sounds likely - the disc is several years old and the magazine long since gone; no Read Me files, so probably best to'bin it'.

mixture
24th Sep 2011, 12:22
Looks like its a licensing thing, see here (http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php?topic=391.0;wap2)