PDA

View Full Version : They just don't make'm like they used to.

con-pilot
21st Sep 2011, 22:50
Sorry, aviation content, kind of.........

Why the Japanese didn't bomb Oklahoma in WWII -another classic comedy team, Bob Hope, Dean Martin, George Gobel, Johnnie Carson (http://videos2view.net/oklahoma.htm)

notmyC150v2
22nd Sep 2011, 00:05
I have never heard of George Gobel before but he was damn funny. Was he in movies or just stand up?

rotornut
22nd Sep 2011, 00:26
You don't mean Josef Goebbels, do you?

Hitler's First Speech in Power w. Goebbels Intro 1933 10min - YouTube

pigboat
22nd Sep 2011, 00:35
Thanks connie, I remember watching that show. Gobel was a riot on Hollywood Squares.

goudie
22nd Sep 2011, 10:36
Thanks for posting Connie. I loved those old timers, grew up with them in fact!

Just spent 30 mins watching some more shows on youtube.

sisemen
22nd Sep 2011, 11:06
He was obviously pissed as a rat - in fact it looked as though the contents of his glass were something stronger than tea. And everyone was smoking!! Looks really odd nowadays.

Lon More
22nd Sep 2011, 11:30
"Dean Martin please phone home, your swimming pool is on fire."

Storminnorm
22nd Sep 2011, 11:39
That was funny! Thanks Con.

Wholigan
22nd Sep 2011, 11:41
I wonder if he ever knew that Dean Martin was flicking his fag ash into his drink!?!?

goudie
22nd Sep 2011, 12:06
Dean Martin was flicking his fag ash into his drink!?!?

I looked at a version of this clip (and a few others) on youtube. According to some of the comments it was all rather contrived to get maximum laughs which of course, it did!

El Grifo
22nd Sep 2011, 19:11
Outstanding !!

" Yeah I was a fighter pilot in the war! You remember the war, it was in all of the papers and everything"

Classic or what :D

con-pilot
22nd Sep 2011, 20:01
He was obviously pissed as a rat - in fact it looked as though the contents of his glass were something stronger than tea. And everyone was smoking!! Looks really odd nowadays.

Back then all the guests (most of them anyway) would met in the 'Green Room' to wait until it was their turn to go on stage. In the green room there was a fully stocked bar and a bartender. So you never knew just how bombed some of Carson's guests would be when they came out. A lot of those full coffee cups, had no coffee in them. :p