View Full Version : Airline Sponsorship/ Cadet Schemes for 2012?

Bearcat F8F
21st Sep 2011, 21:00
Hi guys, I'm new to this. JAA PPL holder with 52 hours.

What schemes are expected to open up within the next year (if anyone knows)?

It doesn't seem like anything is currently available for application (in the UK at least). The BA FPP looks pretty sweet. Hope they keep running it next year. The FlyBe/ Cabair scheme looked pretty good too. Are there any other schemes like this expected (that are more or less affordable)?

Any info much appreciated!

Livesinafield
28th Sep 2011, 16:15
Yer... Atlantic Airlines or West Atlantic what ever you want to call them are still taking on Cadet pilots i believe based in Coventry UK...

its not your typical cadet scheme expect to drive all around the UK positioning crews and parts to aircraft but at the end of it they will get you your training done and you only pay back 50% of your training costs through salary reduction type rating is completely payed for by company and includes a 3 year bond I think, you'll likely end up on the BAE ATP turboprop

its not the most glamorous job in the world but its a start and it will save you alot of money and time

Home - West Atlantic (http://westatlantic.eu)

Bearcat F8F
29th Sep 2011, 12:32
Thanks. I read through their recruitment page but it looks like they are only looking for FO's and Captains.

"Atlantic Airlines are looking for Captains and First Officers based in Coventry and Leipzig for immediate need."

"FO; minimum requirements; 800 hours, everything current including MCC, class 1 Medical, Radio Licence"

So I'm not entirely sure what cadet program you are talking about....

felixflyer
29th Sep 2011, 14:17
Flybe? If the rumours about Cabair are true.

Bearcat F8F
29th Sep 2011, 15:37
stevop21, thanks I'll be looking!

felix, what about Flybe? Their cadet scheme has closed for applicants about a month ago. Are you saying they will have the same thing on next year?

LVL_CHG
22nd Jan 2012, 15:05
Apologise for dragging the thread back up but I think it's quite relevent at the moment with the lack of "open applications" out there at the moment.

Update as far as Atlantic Airlines is they have closed their application online. Not sure how long ago this was. They also state that applications online via the website will be considered. So I guess sending in a CV is out of the questions.

Anyone any news on flybe? Or are they sticking with their MPL schemes from now on?

Bearcat F8F
22nd Jan 2012, 15:08
FlyBe are currently running an ATPL with Pilot Training College! Apply for it if you can afford it.

Also, does anyone here know if there is a link to the Cathey Pacific Cadet Scheme that actually works? Every time I go to "apply", I get an error message saying "this page cannot be found".

Thanks

LVL_CHG
22nd Jan 2012, 15:19
Cathay Pacific - Careers : Careers Home (http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/careers/flying/fdc_so_application)

Is this what you mean?

I'm in a slightly different situation in that I've been through a course at an FTO already and have come out the other side with all the relevant qualifications. Obviously with bare minimum hours so am looking to get my first position based with someone, somewhere.

Bearcat F8F
22nd Jan 2012, 15:34
Thanks for that! I wish you luck. Be persistent and you'll find something I'm sure! Not sure there's many cadet scheme for those with CPLs though!

Cadet Schemes are definitely the way forward for those without a CPL though IMO.

average-punter
22nd Jan 2012, 19:25
Latest I've heard is that Cathay are not longer offering ab-initio courses to non-HK residents. Minimum requirement is 250 hours.

ExMilRedundancy
22nd Jan 2012, 19:31
Correct.
The HKCAD/Govt are getting a little annoyed at CX that they are not giving enough opportunities to HK nationals, therefore, CX have ceased all ab-initio intake until the issue is resolved. Advanced entry is now the only option for non-experienced pilots.