PDA

View Full Version : Breaking the taboo: A/B1/B2 pay in the EU

EU mechanic
21st Sep 2011, 18:56
Dear folks,

I hope that you are doing well today.

I'm a mechanic located in the Benelux working as a permy for a maintenance organization, which shall remain nameless. No day goes by without hearing at least 3 people complain about their low wages in this company.

My own take-home is under 1500, I'm unlicensed with less than 3 years of experience. At employment, the gross pay figures looked promising and I was expecting a swifter increase in pay.
I've asked around, at this facility most unlicensed mechanics with up to 5 years of experience seem to be making less than 1600 euro take-home, barely 10 euro's an hour. Licensed mechanics with 15 to 30 years of experience would make anywhere between 2000 and 2600 take-home.

I encourage you to post your years of experience, your location in the EU (other countries R also welcome), nature of employment (cony or permy), license, type-ratings, hours per month, other relevant information.

I'm interested to know what the pay is at your company level, for comparison. I've decided that I would be asking for a considerable pay raise and eventually consider a relocation or even a career change.
Your inputs will help me make an important decision. Any help will be highly appreciated. I would appreciate it very much if you are as honest as possible.

Thanks.

spannersatcx
21st Sep 2011, 20:01
have a look here (http://www.airmech.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)

piggybank
21st Sep 2011, 20:56
That site has been useful in the past for information but not updated in a year on salaries which is a pity.

boeing_eng
23rd Sep 2011, 08:58
Here we go again!:ugh:

This subject is raised with tedious regularity by folks new to this forum.

Please use the search facility (it will provide links to threads like this):

http://www.pprune.org/engineers-technicians/455923-general-idea-real-world-b1-b2-salarys.html

The info on Air Mech is also good and I'm not aware of anyone in the industry who has seen a huge increase in pay in the last couple of years (In fact some agencies have reduced rates for Unlicensed Mechs!:=)

Kengineer-130
26th Sep 2011, 01:52
Perhaps we could have a sticky with this question, linked to the other threads, and let people post up salary details & T&C's if they wish? Save multiple threads popping up about it.

It is a important topic, it is the reason we all go to work! I don't know many people who do it just for the love of the job? :ok: